The better place to talk football.

Amine Harit - Schalke to Marseille

football forum

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

seems to be a number 10,  looks skillful,  can play with both feet.

I've heard he has a very dodgy and  controversial (criminal?) past. Given we lack discipline, professionalism and leadership on the pitch these days, I'd want us to steer clear. 

It's also a position we don't need to improve so I imagine it's just a bit of lazy journalism. 

• Subscriber

It doesn't encourage you does it. I'm not expecting major signings at this point but this just reeks of a flop.

Priority is a centre half, then a right winger, then another centre half on loan for me. I'd love Lacroix and think he's probably as near to Fofana as we'll get, failing that Tapsoba - a player we nearly signed a couple of years ago.

This just isn't it at all. Schalke wanting him off their books is scary and if he was that good why did Marseille not keep him?

January is gonna be massive for us. I'm not expecting fireworks this week.

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Stan said:

I've heard he has a very dodgy and  controversial (criminal?) past. Given we lack discipline, professionalism and leadership on the pitch these days, I'd want us to steer clear. 

It's also a position we don't need to improve so I imagine it's just a bit of lazy journalism. 

He was the driver in a fatal car accident in Morocco in which a 30 year old pedestrian was killed a few years ago. He got a 4 month suspended sentence and paid a fine of 750€, plus a compensation to the victims family so he could walk free. 

In terms of his skill, my personal opinion is that he's a fair weather footballer - has talent and can be impressive when everything works fine on and off the pitch, but lacks consistency and disappears completely when it doesn't. 

Could be worth a try, I don't think he'd be too expensive.

• The title was changed to Amine Harit - Schalke to Marseille

Archived