talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

1. FC Köln sign Claudio Pizarro until the end of the season

football forum

Putting this in the German forum due to the familiarity with him.

According to his father, he's going to Alianza for 6 months. My guess is that he's going without his wife and then coming back for coaching roles for German clubs as he's been so long rumoured to join.

From a Peruvian point of view, I'm not entirely sure if this is Alianza's wisest move. I'm not so sure he'll succeed anymore even in this league as he's way past it for me (using this season as the example rather than last season, which is rather successful). Alianza are fighting for the title too so if they begin to fall the press will tear him apart like they always have. This all said though, Alianza's current forward Lionard Pajoy is awful and Pizarro will definitely be an upgrade, so succeed or not he will be an improvement in everything except speed.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

According to his agent, he's going to stay in Europe and has ruled out a move to Peru or to UAE (as it was suggested a few days ago). Apparently, 2. Bundesliga is an option too.

Correct decision in my opinion. I've already mentioned the argument on his wife. Also that he won't get along here. The press doesn't like him and I'm not sure how it will help Alianza to be honest.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Why doesn't the press like him? 

For being underwhelming when it came to playing for Peru. He's only scored 6 goals in 4 qualifying cycles. Although it wasn't all his fault, he was played as a 10 at times.

The thing is, we had 4 really good players. Paolo Guerrero, Jefferson Farfan, Juan Manuel Vargas and Claudio Pizarro. 2 were strikers so managers were struggling to fit them all in, so they put Pizarro as a 10.

He has 20 goals for Peru in 85 appearances, where as Paolo Guerrero has 32 in 83. 

• 2 months later...

Koln are doing quite well aren't they? Wonder what use they'll see in Pizarro. 

Honestly if it weren't for Peru challenging for a world cup spot, he would've retired by now. The best part is he actually believes he can be in the World Cup squad should we make it.

The 

1 minute ago, Tsubasa said:

Yup, they're last in the table with one point out of six matches. :D 

Jesus what happened? I recall they were doing alright last season.

I still think Pizarro is going for some sort of bathroom cleaning job.

Confirmed! 

Now there is 2 surefire things to note with this

Koln will be in the 2. Bundesliga next year

Koln will win the awards for cleanest bathrooms at the end of the year.

To be honest, the only reason Claudio Pizarro is still playing is because he wants to go to the World Cup. No one is stopping him from buying a plane ticket and watching it from the stands, but I don't think it will be as part of the Peru squad should we go.

If we fail to qualify next month I can see a huge loss of motivation from his part. As I mentioned, his wife has made it clear that they are staying in Germany so if he wanted to play it have to be for a weaker team considering his age and current level.

Just screams of a panic signing really which is sad because Köln have gone from celebrating a huge achievement to looking over their shoulders in a matter of months and another defeat at the weekend and I think Peter Stöger's position is untenable. 

A lot should be said of the signings made with the Modeste money too, I'm not sure who scouted and sanctioned them but I reckon Stevie Wonder has had a hand in it somewhere. 

Archived