The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2022/23 - [5. Spieltag] - 2-4th September 2022

football forum

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

This must be a win for us; I'd feel pretty comfortable regarding our future this season if we get a win in Bochum. In the past seasons, our inability to take all points against our main opponents in relegation fight was one of the key reasons of our demise. 

I'm surprised how bad Bochum has been this season.  They've just rolled over and died against every opponent... not at all like a Thomas Reis team.  I hope they don't sack him as I think he fits that club so well.

21 minutes ago, Coma said:

I'm surprised how bad Bochum has been this season.  They've just rolled over and died against every opponent... not at all like a Thomas Reis team.  I hope they don't sack him as I think he fits that club so well.

Apparently Reis asked to be released to join Schalke prior to the season. Maybe that resulted in some sort of trust issues beteween him and the team? 

• Subscriber
30 minutes ago, Coma said:

Hopefully they'll keep on rolling over and dying against us, too 😬

40 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Apparently Reis asked to be released to join Schalke prior to the season. Maybe that resulted in some sort of trust issues beteween him and the team? 

Yikes.  Well that might have something to do with it.

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Perhaps the reason is more trivial, though. In my opinion Bochum punched massively above their weight last season, perhaps they just ain't capable to do it consistentely. Besides Bochum being last doesn't come as a surprise for me.

19 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Perhaps the reason is more trivial, though. In my opinion Bochum punched massively above their weight last season, perhaps they just ain't capable to do it consistentely. Besides Bochum being last doesn't come as a surprise for me.

Yea, that's also true. Their squad is nothing to brag about. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived