• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2. Bundesliga 2022/23 - [7. Spieltag] - 2-4th September 2022

football forum

• This topic was pinned, unpinned and pinned
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, we lost 1-2 in Heidenheim today. What can I say? Our build up play was shit. You could see the qualities of the single players, but somehow it never gelled into a decent team performance. They constantly played the ball back to our goalkepeer, hoping that he'd play a good pass, and that was it. Once Kownacki and Ginczek received the ball upfront,  they usually did something good, but that was rarely the case. Nothing coming from our midfield or the wings. Didn't help that we had to sub out three players with injuries. 

Heidenheim played very well though, and certainly deserve the credit. I think Frank Schmidt is an excellent coach who is working wonders in Heidenheim with their modest means. But still we made it a bit easy for them today. 

49 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Well, we lost 1-2 in Heidenheim today. What can I say? Our build up play was shit. You could see the qualities of the single players, but somehow it never gelled into a decent team performance. They constantly played the ball back to our goalkepeer, hoping that he'd play a good pass, and that was it. Once Kownacki and Ginczek received the ball upfront,  they usually did something good, but that was rarely the case. Nothing coming from our midfield or the wings. Didn't help that we had to sub out three players with injuries. 

Heidenheim played very well though, and certainly deserve the credit. I think Frank Schmidt is an excellent coach who is working wonders in Heidenheim with their modest means. But still we made it a bit easy for them today. 

I didn't watch today's match, but I noticed Kownacki scored once again, he really is on form this season. I read that the Dutchmen Hendrix and de Wijs, both got injured. Did their injuries look serious? I've been impressed by both players this season. I also agree with you, Dusseldorf have the talent to be getting some kind of a result against a side like Heidenheim. Hopefully Dusseldorf will find more consistency and better form, sooner rather than later.

5 minutes ago, Michael said:

I didn't watch today's match, but I noticed Kownacki scored once again, he really is on form this season. I read that the Dutchmen Hendrix and de Wijs, both got injured. Did their injuries look serious? I've been impressed by both players this season. I also agree with you, Dusseldorf have the talent to be getting some kind of a result against a side like Heidenheim. Hopefully Dusseldorf will find more consistency and better form, sooner rather than later.

Yea, Kownacki is my favourite Fortuna player right now. That guy is passion personified. He fights so much and has such an energetic and positive body language. I hope we extend his contract eventually, but it could be difficult if we continue to struggle. 

De Wijs seemed to have some sort of adductor muscle injury. Hendrix got hit in the head by the ball when he was in the wall for Heidenheim's free-kick. Maybe a light concussion or just a bit wobbly in the head. The ball hit him right in the ear/temple region. 

Ginczek's injury seemed a bit more serious as he indicated that something tore in his leg. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived