talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mykhaylo Mudryk - Chelsea Beat Arsenal to Signing Winger

• The title was changed to Mykhaylo Mudryk - 3 Premier League Clubs Interested
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Michael said:

Latest reports claim that Arsenal have agreed terms with Shakhtar Donetsk over the signing of Mykhaylo Mudryk.

Arsenal transfer news LIVE: Mykhaylo Mudryk £21m deal AGREED, Gunners 'reignite' Gakpo interest, Wilfried Zaha boost | The Sun

Apparently none of that is true. We're interested but we're not gonna make a move for him as the priority is a central midfielder right now due to injuries to Partey, Elneny, and Zinchenko. And Odegaard has to be assessed after a knock in tonight's game.

31 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Apparently none of that is true. We're interested but we're not gonna make a move for him as the priority is a central midfielder right now due to injuries to Partey, Elneny, and Zinchenko. And Odegaard has to be assessed after a knock in tonight's game.

I thought Partey was a rapist

13 hours ago, 6666 said:

Latest reports are saying that Shakhtar Donetsk have decided not to sell Mudryk now, but they will be open to offers again during the winter transfer window period.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 31/08/2022 at 19:40, Michael said:

Latest reports claim that Arsenal have agreed terms with Shakhtar Donetsk over the signing of Mykhaylo Mudryk.

Arsenal transfer news LIVE: Mykhaylo Mudryk £21m deal AGREED, Gunners 'reignite' Gakpo interest, Wilfried Zaha boost | The Sun

I'm calling BS: he has recently in an interview confirmed he would be interested in a Newcastle move if presented meaning th ere is no deal and £21m is about a quarter of his real value.   he won't go for a penny under 60m minimum

• 2 months later...

Arsenal have had a couple of bids rejected for him. Mudryk wants a move. Has been posting images of him watching Arsenal games and has been liking posts about him and Arsenal. Shakhtar want big money for him. Possibly to help cover the value of all the players that left due to the war. Chelsea have supposedly joined the race now as well. 

2 hours ago, 6666 said:

Arsenal have had a couple of bids rejected for him. Mudryk wants a move. Has been posting images of him watching Arsenal games and has been liking posts about him and Arsenal. Shakhtar want big money for him. Possibly to help cover the value of all the players that left due to the war. Chelsea have supposedly joined the race now as well. 

I personally think that Arsenal would be the best team for Mudryk to join, as he would fit in well in the team. With Zinchenko at Arsenal, he would also probably help Mudryk settle in quicker. But Mudryk is a real talent, and ultimately I think that he will join the club that offers the highest transfer fee, as that is all that Shakhtar Donetsk are really interested in. They want to make as much money as possible when selling their best player.

20 minutes ago, 6666 said:

What is Chelsea's transfer strategy? That insane motherfucker Boehly is about to ruin it all.

I am also against this and this is why I have soured a lot on Chelsea and wish that someone at UEFA will grow a pair and look into what is surely now beyond FFP irregularities.  On their conduct of poaching and paying over the top is unethical.   I would love a 3 year transfer ban put on them again. 

13 minutes ago, 6666 said:

We need to move on and go for Trossard or Pino. Shakhtar already made this a headache even before today.

I watch AFTV and the football terrace,  some fans are saying that arsenal need to walk away on principal.   We walked away from Leicester on the maddison deal,  when a club wants to much,  just walk away and pursue other targets. 

1 hour ago, 6666 said:

What is Chelsea's transfer strategy? That insane motherfucker Boehly is about to ruin it all.

The sad thing is that Shakhtar Donetsk will actually accept Chelsea's 100 million euro bid and encourage Mudryk to move to Stamford Bridge instead of Arsenal. The fact that Arsenal have been the most serious club when it's come to genuinely wanting to seal this deal over the past few weeks will mean nothing to Shakhtar.

On the sporting front, Arsenal would be the team that would really suit Mudryk, much more so than Chelsea. Arsenal are on an upwards trajectory, the club are doing very well and they've always given young players like Mudryk a chance to play a lot, since when Wenger first took over in the 90's. Plus Mudryk would have his pal Zinchenko there to help him settle in London.

8 minutes ago, 6666 said:

I was surprised we even went up that high to be honest. Chelsea though... I'm just confused.

The high transfer fee is due to the genuine potential that these clubs see in Mudryk. I am a huge fan of his, but even I will say that the youngster has only really just come onto the scene in the past year and a half and he still has a lot to prove. It was the 2021/22 season that Mudryk really started to stand out for Shakhtar, despite the club being still stacked with quality Brazilian players during that period. However, despite Mudryk's superb performances, he wasn't selected for Ukraine's Euro 2020 squad which actually took place in the summer of 2021. It's only after those Euros, that Mudryk became a prominent fixture in the Ukraine team, but even then he wasn't an instant choice in the starting 11 until after the Ukraine v Wales World Cup play-off match. 

The point I am making, is that Mudryk is still a young player and he hasn't proven himself in one of the elite leagues yet. In fact, because of the war in Ukraine, the Ukrainian league this season is even weaker than previous seasons. This is because most of the foreign players and even many of the Ukrainian players, have left their respective Ukrainian clubs to join clubs in other European leagues. Chelsea and Arsenal obviously see the huge potential that he has, but the Premier League will be a whole new test for Mudryk. 100 million euros though is still a hell of a lot of money for a young player who hasn't played in one of the big leagues yet.

• The title was changed to Mykhaylo Mudryk - Chelsea Beat Arsenal to Signing Winger

Archived