talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arthur Melo - Juve to Liverpool

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Rick said:

Is he any good? Can’t say I’ve ever seen him playing, but I’ve seen him criticised on here in the past. Another player with fitness issues being brought in by the sounds of it. 

Talented but liked to party is what I was told. Doubt that'll fly under Klopp

1 hour ago, Rick said:

Is he any good? Can’t say I’ve ever seen him playing, but I’ve seen him criticised on here in the past. Another player with fitness issues being brought in by the sounds of it. 

Barcelona and Juventus weren’t keen enough to keep him around. I think that says a lot.

49 minutes ago, Spike said:

Barcelona and Juventus weren’t keen enough to keep him around. I think that says a lot.

So much for us signing the “right player” this deal stinks of two seasons ago when we brought in shite like Kabak & Davies to plug gaps. 

1 hour ago, Rick said:

So much for us signing the “right player” this deal stinks of two seasons ago when we brought in shite like Kabak & Davies to plug gaps. 

Surely a loan signing just backs up the point that they're waiting for the right player? 

1 hour ago, Rick said:

That's why it's loan! The right players (or the ones we actually want) are obviously not available at this moment in time. 

Why would we go for a permanent deal for a player we don't want long term? 

Come on, think about it!

43 minutes ago, Stan said:

What if Bellingham goes somewhere else?

I guess they will have second, third, fourth choice options and at that point a lot of money to spend on them.

I don’t see why they get a bad rep for holding out for the player they want. It’s something we do, went all of last season without a right back cos the options we wanted weren’t available and now we have Hickey. It was the same with Wissa.

Ultimately you should want your club making the best long-term choices in the transfer market and I doubt Bellingham is their only hope but if he is the number one target then you have to dedicate resources to that.

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

That's why it's loan! The right players (or the ones we actually want) are obviously not available at this moment in time. 

Why would we go for a permanent deal for a player we don't want long term? 

Come on, think about it!

Loans still cost money. Arthur probably isn’t the bandaid Liverpool need, why not use an academy player? Why waste time and money on someone that is only temporary ?

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Loans still cost money. Arthur probably isn’t the bandaid Liverpool need, why not use an academy player? Why waste time and money on someone that is only temporary ?

Because next summer they may have their number 1 target who is better than the player they sign on a long term deal, and as good as Liverpool’s academy is, I don’t think they will have premier league quality midfielders growing on trees.

Tbh I don’t think they will be in that bad a condition, Elliott and Carvalho look like they’re fitting in fine, Firmino is in form, I think we’ve probably seen the worst of this injury crisis already but the signing of Arthur is to cover the chance we haven’t. The flip side is that there is a quality player in Arthur and if Liverpool unlock that then there’s a pathway there for him to potentially move permanently should Liverpool make the offer next Summer. 

1 minute ago, Rick said:

Loan or not, Arthur does not sound like the kind of player we need in that midfield. Hasn’t performed for Barcelona or Juventus, has injury problems, yet I’m supposed to be happy? 

I am with you on this one,  seems a weird move,  almost as strange as Julian Draxler links to us.   Nothing about Draxler seems like he is a "Howe" type and he hasn't been good in forever.   Similarly this guy doesn't seem like a Liverpool guy.    Joelinton would fit you well,  but he isn't for sale. 

5 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Liverpool will need more than one player in that position come next year. Even if they're waiting on Bellingham, they'll still need to do business there. Should've brought one in now. On a permanent.

This is all I’ve been saying, yet there’s constant push back. Bellingham alone (if we get him) isn’t enough. We will be getting rid of Ox, Keita and Milner might be retiring. Telling me that the entire list of players we like are unavailable? 

Jude Bellingham has been a laughable pursuit,  like Man United chasing Frenkie.    Dortmund have every right to demand a absolute kings ransom,  which would be a English transfer record by some margin to get him.  He is 19,  high potential and most importantly he is listed as HG and U21 which makes him gold dust.   Dortmund should not entertain anything under 150m for him. 

45 minutes ago, Rick said:

This is all I’ve been saying, yet there’s constant push back. Bellingham alone (if we get him) isn’t enough. We will be getting rid of Ox, Keita and Milner might be retiring. Telling me that the entire list of players we like are unavailable? 

You really would take anyone. After all this time you still don't trust our transfer policy.

Laughable. 

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Because next summer they may have their number 1 target who is better than the player they sign on a long term deal, and as good as Liverpool’s academy is, I don’t think they will have premier league quality midfielders growing on trees.

Tbh I don’t think they will be in that bad a condition, Elliott and Carvalho look like they’re fitting in fine, Firmino is in form, I think we’ve probably seen the worst of this injury crisis already but the signing of Arthur is to cover the chance we haven’t. The flip side is that there is a quality player in Arthur and if Liverpool unlock that then there’s a pathway there for him to potentially move permanently should Liverpool make the offer next Summer. 

Seems like getting a body for the sake of a body to me.

Archived