talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arthur Melo - Juve to Liverpool

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

You really would take anyone. After all this time you still don't trust our transfer policy.

Laughable. 

I don’t trust these owners. They are cheap cunts. 

Bringing in this player as a stop gap. Let’s see if we bring in 2 midfielders next summer, cause that’s the least we’ll need. 

• Subscriber

Normally I'd say this was a bit of short-term smart business and the club would be right in this kind of deal since they can't get their targets. But ... this guy has a history of injuries and I can't see the logic here. You're bringing in a player who makes glass look more resistant than steel. Very weird. 

4 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Normally I'd say this was a bit of short-term smart business and the club would be right in this kind of deal since they can't get their targets. But ... this guy has a history of injuries and I can't see the logic here. You're bringing in a player who makes glass look more resistant than steel. Very weird. 

Not just injuries but rumours of personality problems. He is also pretty lethargic from what I remember, might get smoked by fast players in the midfield.

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Spike said:

Not just injuries but rumours of personality problems. He is also pretty lethargic from what I remember, might get smoked by fast players in the midfield.

After I read this I went back and did some more digging. Maybe Klopp and him have talked and there's some conversations no one is privy too who knows. But after reading what Mike just posted about the loan cost this may be someone who can drop into cup games, etc and provide a bit of difference in the midfield. I can't see him having him impact pressing based on what I saw at Barcelona, I never saw him at Juventus. 

Only time will tell here because we've seen other instances of players who seemed like they weren't going to cut it and they've turned out pretty good.

Archived