talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Boxing

football forum

9 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Very close fight but canelo definitely won. 

Lol blatantly because you’re Mexican, the Mexicans who booed first time round know what’s up. Disgusting take a blokes perfect record just to keep up the hype for a roided up Mexican hype job. Mexican boxing used to be about pride, now it’s about cheating

Edited by Fairy In Boots

5 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I think I can accept a couple of the closer rounds going to Canelo so we end up with a close 7-5 Golovkin win but I can't see a draw or a win for Canelo by a round. It's absolute bullshit 

What was tainted meat doing in the ring anyway, it’s a complete farc. GGG one of the best ever and his record is blemishes now by effectively a bunch of thieves

I feel for GGG, the very least that fight should have been a draw in my opinion. He's been robbed by the judges again.

He's not getting younger, two meaty fights could take it out of him if there is a third.

Didn't really have anything against Canelo until the drugs issue, it's a shame it has turned out like this.

Edited by Danny

3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I think we should mention what a fucking great fight it was by the way, especially from the middle rounds onwards.

I don't really have any interest in the third though. I wouldn't want to sit through it to watch another robbery after the 12 rounds are up

Yeah it was an absolute war, you could punch both of them in the face freely and your hand would hurt more than their faces would xD As a fight, ignoring the results, it's what boxing needs and what Mayweather and Pacquiao should have been. Could have been legacy fights, seems fairly desperate now that Mayweather is calling Pacman out.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

In greece so couldnt watch, has ggg been robbed again? 

In fairness this time there seems to be more of a grounded view on either fighter winning, as opposed to the disbelief at the first fight. It's tough on GGG to lose, personally would have gone towards a draw.

2 hours ago, Danny said:

In fairness this time there seems to be more of a grounded view on either fighter winning, as opposed to the disbelief at the first fight. It's tough on GGG to lose, personally would have gone towards a draw.

I'm gonna watch it back over the next couple of days but I disagree, I can't see a draw or a close Canelo win.

3 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

In greece so couldnt watch, has ggg been robbed again? 

Yes, especially that last round which was somehow given to Canelo. Absolute farce.

Guardian, Telegraph, BT Sport and HBO, CBS had it 116-112 in favour of GGG.

Had to be a Canelo win then!

Happy Mexico Day!

Ok, so second time around I had it 7-5 to Golovkin. First time I had 8-3-1 to Golovkin which I feel was pretty harsh on Canelo now. I still can't make a case for giving him the narrow win though, although I think there was probably another close round that could have gone his way to get him the draw.

I think the quality of the fight deserves another one but it needs to be outside of Vegas. I think the fact Golovkin has only won on one card out of six over the two fights is why people think he's been extremely hard done by with the scoring

Just now, JOSHBRFC said:

Do you think so? I think the first fight was a clearer GGG win. This could have gone either way but I still thought GGG won. 

See my most recent post from last night. I've admitted I was overly harsh on Canelo on first viewing and had it closer when I re-watched it.

5 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Wilder v Fury is apparently on for 1st December.

Don't really follow boxing but I would watch that fight.  Didn't use to like fury but he has grown on me. He is a character