talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Boxing

football forum

6 hours ago, UNORTHODOX said:

Im getting a ticket for the matchroom show in liverpool in March, Its actually not a bad card a lot of local talent on the undercard like Anthony fowler, David Price, Robbie davies jr, Scott Fitzgerald and Liam Smith vs Sam eggington is the main event.

I think Smith will smash Eggington. Wouldn't be surprised to see him face Brook at some point.

Good to see Robbie Davies Jnr getting some exposure too

• Upvote 1

Feel like Groves will always be remembered as a nearly man, mainly for the two Froch fight's above anything else. 

Don't get me wrong, talented fighter, great style, personality and generated a big boom in British boxing.

Chuffed he smashed De Gale and Eubank Jr, but he never quite dominated at the top for me. Injuries played their part too. All feel's a little 'What could have been' with him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

It’s not really AJ’s fault is it. His only option is Whyte rematch or make his US debut and I’d prefer the US debut. 

We all want the unification but a Fury and Wilder rematch was ordered. I hope Fury wins but that will mean another rematch I’d imagine for the Trilogy. That will no doubt be a clause from Wilders team. 

I agree with @JOSHBRFC

Joshua has been very vocal about what he wants. He's waited a long time and they have tried to get Wilder, but I really don't think he want's it.

Personally feel sorry for Whyte in all this because he has done everything asked of him so far and deserved another crack at AJ, particularly ahead of Miller, but regardless, he'll carry on till they can't ignore him anymore.

Edited by Lucas

Feel the same as @Lucas. My two favourite fighters in this division are AJ and Whyte. Hope Whyte gets another go at the title soon.

With talk of all these 50-50 splits, the only reason the division is getting this kind of money is because of AJ. They say Fury opened up the key to the belts but AJ has made the division interesting in just 22 fights. It’s crazy that he gets slagged off for ducking considering what he’s done so far and who he’s fought.

Warren brings up Tyson Fury wanting to fight Wilder all the time, but Fury needed a big fight because after the Klitschko fight his profile still wasn’t bigger than AJ’s or even Klitschko’s tbh. Now it’s getting there but the most exciting thing about the Wilder fight was that he got back up after that knock down. Would these promoters let AJ fight on lesser deals if they had him? I doubt it.

I think the only thing you can be critical of Joshua's team for is not getting the Wilder fight made before Fury got there. I remember Hearn saying that fight wouldn't happen. Then it happens and is a good fight and controversial, everyone wants a rematch. So Hearn comes out of looking a bit silly now imo.

9 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I think the only thing you can be critical of Joshua's team for is not getting the Wilder fight made before Fury got there. I remember Hearn saying that fight wouldn't happen. Then it happens and is a good fight and controversial, everyone wants a rematch. So Hearn comes out of looking a bit silly now imo.

Tbh Hearn is happy to play along with this, Fury and Wilder have just driven each other’s exposure to the casual up so much now that the AJ fight keeps getting bigger. These two can have a second fight but once that’s over the public will expect them to fight AJ. I imagine Warren thinks he’s done a number on him swooping in with Fury but Fury and Wilder have needed each other much more than AJ had, the fact they made the fight so quick shows that. Hearn’s view will be that once the fights all play out AJ will come out on top eventually, whether there are losses in the ring or not, Matchroom and AJ will make millions and these sorts of losses won’t really matter.

As much as I disagree with the Fury fanboys we should all be greatful that this is happening, what a time for heavyweight boxing.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

DeGale v Eubank tonight. If DeGale has anything left he'll win this by decision. Interesting to see if Eubank's changed anything though

People training him saying he’s learning stuff you learn at 8 years old...that enough to beat a gold medalist and former world champ? Depends on what DeGale turns up.

Billy Joe Saunders title fight out the window now Ramirez has claimed he never vacated.