talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Boxing

football forum

I thought DeGale was in control of the first half, tiring Eubank down, ducking most of his shots thrown. Was expecting DeGale to turn the style on in the latter rounds, but just had nothing and in the end Eubank came out swinging and won fairly comfortably.

DeGale should have just left it after he won his title back, similar to Haye, a legacy skewed a bit by losing to fighters not on their level.

7 hours ago, Danny said:

I thought DeGale was in control of the first half, tiring Eubank down, ducking most of his shots thrown. Was expecting DeGale to turn the style on in the latter rounds, but just had nothing and in the end Eubank came out swinging and won fairly comfortably.

DeGale should have just left it after he won his title back, similar to Haye, a legacy skewed a bit by losing to fighters not on their level.

It was very scrappy overall with some of the earlier rounds hard to score. Think I had it 3-2-1 to Eubank after six.

• Subscriber
On 24/02/2019 at 14:16, The Artful Dodger said:

Missed this but it went the way I thought it would. What's Eubank's next step, how far is he off a Smith match?

Smith is on another level. Groves beat Eubank well and you saw what Smith did to Groves. 

Smith may even move up in weight for bigger fights e.g - Kovalev.

6 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Wilder is a fraud. The sooner he loses that coveted WBC belt the better.

Hopefully this opens the door for an AJ - Wilder/Fury next providing he beats Miller. 

It sounds like Fury has pulled out. Extremely disappointing if true because I think he wins even more comfortably than he should have done first time around.

On 24/02/2019 at 14:16, The Artful Dodger said:

Missed this but it went the way I thought it would. What's Eubank's next step, how far is he off a Smith match?

Unless he's getting a title fight, I think they may set up Eubank v Billy Joe Saunders again.

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Kash Ali boxing licence suspended after David Price bite incident

_106252374_alibite_getty.jpg

A bite mark was visible on Price's skin

Kash Ali has had his boxing licence suspended pending a hearing after his disqualification for biting David Price in their all-British heavyweight bout in Liverpool on Saturday.

A date for his appearance in front of the British Boxing Board of Control's central area council has yet to be set.

Ali appeared to bite Price near his rib cage in a grapple on the canvas in round five.

Possible sanctions the 27-year-old could face range from a fine to a ban.

A British Boxing Board of Control spokesperson told BBC Sport it would depend on "what Ali has to say".

He was officially disqualified for biting on the night and left Liverpool's M&S Bank Arena beneath a barrage of drinks thrown by fans, and was later stripped off his fight purse.

Price, 35, said Ali had asked for a rematch but added: "I don't want to share the ring with an animal like that."

Saturday's victory - greeted by confusion and a chorus of boos at the arena - extended Price's record to 24 wins and six defeats and was a first loss of Ali's 16-fight career.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/47770950

• 2 weeks later...

Saturday 20, April 2019
Madison Square Garden, New York, New York, USA

Terence Crawford vs Amir Khan

TV - BT Sport Box Office HD (UK) - ESPN PPV (USA) - Panama Telemetro Channel 13

Saturday 15, June 2019
MGM Grand, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

Tyson Fury vs Tom Schwarz
Will update more sat channels as soon as possible.

TV Sat - BT Sport 1HD (UK) - ESPN+ (USA)

Saturday 18, May 2019 Barclays Center, Brooklyn, New York, USA
Deontay Wilder vs Dominic Breazeale

TV Sat - Sky Sports Action HD (UK) & Sky Sports Main Event HD (UK)

Edited by quickeyg
Extra extra info
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber

448373652_download(1).thumb.png.0441a1a109f6c8276117ff3ebe5645a4.png

Jarrell Miller fails SECOND drugs test after testing positive for human growth hormone to kill off any hopes of Anthony Joshua fight in June... as Eddie Hearn reveals new opponent will be announced next week

Jarrell Miller's slender chance of fighting Anthony Joshua has disappeared after he failed a second drugs test for a different substance. 

Just days after the heavyweight was denied a licence because GW1516 was found in his system, he has tested positive for human growth hormone. 

The American had vowed to clear his name after the first failure and was due to have his B sample tested. But this second positive will kill off any remaining prospect of Miller facing Joshua in New York on June 1. 

Joshua's promoter Eddie Hearn told Sportsmail: 'I can confirm we have been notified of another failed test. I am disgusted.

'You want to give someone the benefit of the doubt and that was very hard after the first one. To have a second one is disgusting. The sport can have no room for this. 

'In a way I am happy - it shows the VADA testing works and we have kept him out of the ring. 

'AJ will face any clean fighter and beat him.'

The search for Joshua's next opponent has been given a deadline of next week as the clock ticks down on his American debut.

12486212-6940783-image-a-33_155569661176

Hearn wants to announce Miller's replacement as early as Tuesday, with the June 1 fight date only six weeks away. He confirmed on Friday that Joshua's new opponent will be 'announced next week'. 

Sportsmail revealed on Wednesday that their shortlist is made up of Adam Kownacki, Luis Ortiz, Kubrat Pulev, Michael Hunter and Manuel Charr, with the addition in the past 24 hours of unbeaten Colombian Oscar Rivas, who is ranked with all four of the major sanctioning bodies.  

Ortiz and Kownacki have publicly distanced themselves from stepping in, though those comments could reasonably be dismissed as a negotiating tactic in light of the huge purse available, with Miller having been in line to pocket up to £4.5m. 

Ortiz remains the favoured option as a legitimate contender, with the secondary priority to secure an American or a fighter with profile in the US, which would favour Poland-born New Yorker Kownacki and Hunter, an American.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-6940783/Miller-fails-second-drugs-test-testing-positive-human-growth-hormone-ahead-Joshua-fight.html

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Crawford v Khan tonight. Think Khan does well for a few rounds but he'll get caught flush at some point and it'll all be over. Think it'll be entertaining while it lasts

You summed Khan up perfectly.