talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Boxing

football forum

Crawford fought a great fight but gets the TKO win with an accidental low blow on Khan... boxing really has some dumb rules. Crawford looked like he was going to win anyway but I guess this gives Khan a way to save face and say he wasn't really beaten.

• Subscriber

Remember when he ripped Brook for being a quitter against Spence, saying he'd never go out of a fight like that? This was definitely much worse. He looks a bit of a prat now.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven’t kept up with boxing in a while. So about actual serious boxing, I can’t really say a whole lot that’s recent or relevant today.

But today I got an email from my dad saying he’d found something on YouTube that I need to see. And I don’t know how the fuck he found it, but it’s fantastic.

I suggest checking out Barstool Sports’ Rough n Rowdy boxing. It’s 3 rounds, 1 minute each, with amateur boxers. Some of them are hilariously bad. It’s also got really funny commentary. Some of the boxers are reoccurring characters like in pro-wrestling. It’s pretty great.

I don’t know how the fuck my dad’s found it. Like I question whatever the fuck he was watching that suggested he watch this. But I am so glad he did

Joshua v Wilder is clearly just going to be a case of who lands a big one first. That might be a bit over simplified but I think it's true. Joshua is clearly a better boxer and I see more chance of him setting up an opening to land a big shot but if he makes any mistakes and Wilder lands first then he's not getting up.

In a perfect world they fight next and Fury gets the winner. Won't pan out like that though

• 2 weeks later...

Good to see it's confirmed that Joshua is a fraud propelled to stardom by an extremely carefully curated career with more focus on media and marketing than the sport itself.

I always thought it would all fall apart when he was eventually forced to take a tough fight, turns out it's fallen apart even in a typically rigged match-up.  

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber

I don't understand why so many people are happy to see a man in defeat? Any boxer deserves massive respect and Joshua is far from a fraud. 

Olympic Gold Medalist, Whyte, Klitchsko, Povetkin etc all knocked out. Massive fraud eh.. 

Edited by JOSHBRFC

53 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Big lesson to be learned here. People don't get younger and Joshua should have taken paydays against Wilder and Fury when they were on the table, even if they expose him. Good luck getting those matches now. 

If he wins the rematch it will be back on but it's a big if. Ruiz has the blueprint to win again. 

Fairplay to Andy Ruiz Jr. Everyone was clowning him before the fight and he proved everyone wrong. Could argue that everyone calling Ruiz a nothing fighter resulted in Joshua being complacent but that's not down to Ruiz and dealing with complacency is a lesson Joshua will have to learn.