talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Boxing

football forum

24 minutes ago, MUFC said:

During their open workout sessions on Tuesday the difference in hand speed was staggering. Ruiz launching quick combinations while in comparison, AJ looked slow as molasses. 

AJ claiming on the BBC Five Live Boxing Podcast yesterday that he's lost 'about a stone' since the first bout.

2019 will be known as the year AJ got exposed as the fraud he is. After seeing more of both boxers, I have changed my mind.. Ruiz will knock him out before the 7th round. 

9 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Nah, he's let it all go. I know the sun/hearn propaganda machine is pumping out the AJ is amazing myth again but Ruiz was a mess. 

Mate AJ was a mess when they first fought, look at the difference today getting low and grappling to avoid his big hits vs what he was hit with in the first fight

AJ treated this like the Parker fight, kept Ruiz at distance bar two rounds and hit him with some big punches hoping for an eventual KO but a definite points win

Take Hearn and the Sun out of this and anyone could tell AJ dictated the fight and largely played around with Ruiz

The good thing is both men go home healthy and with a big wedge 

18 minutes ago, Danny said:

Mate AJ was a mess when they first fought, look at the difference today getting low and grappling to avoid his big hits vs what he was hit with in the first fight

AJ treated this like the Parker fight, kept Ruiz at distance bar two rounds and hit him with some big punches hoping for an eventual KO but a definite points win

Take Hearn and the Sun out of this and anyone could tell AJ dictated the fight and largely played around with Ruiz

The good thing is both men go home healthy and with a big wedge 

Any pics of the wedge?

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Nah, he's let it all go. I know the sun/hearn propaganda machine is pumping out the AJ is amazing myth again but Ruiz was a mess. 

It was a tactic. He had a full camp. They knew AJ would be lighter so they purposely wanted Ruiz bigger.

It failed.

8 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

It was a tactic. He had a full camp. They knew AJ would be lighter so they purposely wanted Ruiz bigger.

It failed.

True, I do think Ruiz has lost something thought. He's only just 6ft, the tactic was all wrong. 

It's not being a 'bandwagon jumping cunt' to not be bowled over by Joshua beating a man he was 1/33 on to beat last time. Credit it where it's due but the Hearn hype machine is unbearable and we are going to have it to hear it all over again. 

Edited by The Artful Dodger

9 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Some boxing fans are hilarious. The same wankers proclaiming Fury is the best in the world and wanking over his jabs have the audacity to moan about Joshua. For jabbing his opponent to death. You just can’t make it up.

I agree with this. I'm a big fan of Fury but Joshua deserves credit for last night. Did what was needed, there was no point in getting dragged into a toe to toe shoot out like last time.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MUFC said:

Ruiz claiming now he never trained and was overweight. I think he's desperate for a rematch.

They mentioned during the fight on the stream I watched it on last night (DAZN I think) that his team wanted him back in the gym in July but he didn't actually get back into it until September

37 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

They mentioned during the fight on the stream I watched it on last night (DAZN I think) that his team wanted him back in the gym in July but he didn't actually get back into it until September

Oh Mexican buffets.

2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

I agree with this. I'm a big fan of Fury but Joshua deserves credit for last night. Did what was needed, there was no point in getting dragged into a toe to toe shoot out like last time.

Exactly. You train for the fight and each fighter is different. If he got into a swinging contest with Wilder, he’s going to lose eventually. He’d have to approach Fury from a totally different angle as well. I get that some people overate AJ. The whole division is overrated at the moment. But at least judge fighters on their merits.