talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Boxing

football forum

• Subscriber

Lennox Lewis started as a brawler. After his defeat to McCall he changed his style under Manny Steward and fought like Joshua did last night for the rest of his career.

Edited by MUFC

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

True, I do think Ruiz has lost something thought. He's only just 6ft, the tactic was all wrong. 

It's not being a 'bandwagon jumping cunt' to not be bowled over by Joshua beating a man he was 1/33 on to beat last time. Credit it where it's due but the Hearn hype machine is unbearable and we are going to have it to hear it all over again. 

Writing a mans career and achievements off after one loss is even more unbearable. I wouldn’t have coped if he lost again. xD

• Subscriber
21 hours ago, MUFC said:

Honest assessment from Ruiz Senior.

Shit excuses. 

Can i get a two time? Two time?

AJ is now 1 of only 4 men in history to regain a heavyweight World title in an immediate rematch. Alongside Floyd Patterson, Muhammad Ali and Lennox Lewis. That is the company he's now in, when people look back in history. The pressure on him was MASSIVE going into this. And to come out with the masterclass and arguably not lose a round was amazing. :congrats::$:England:

He can't box they said. 

He's going to retire they said

He no longer has the heart for this they said

Going to cash in on the rematch they said

Losing again but more convincingly they said

Fucking love it... love Boxing. Love our British boxers... the belts are back home. It would have been absolute wank if Al Haymon had all the belts in America.

Edited by JOSHBRFC

• Subscriber
On 05/12/2019 at 18:24, Teso dos Bichos said:

2019 will be known as the year AJ got exposed as the fraud he is. After seeing more of both boxers, I have changed my mind.. Ruiz will knock him out before the 7th round. 

On 03/12/2019 at 13:18, Panna King said:

Ruiz will knock the fraud out in the 6th round.

On 03/12/2019 at 13:08, Teso dos Bichos said:

Although I see AJ having a better fight, I still think Ruiz will once again defeat him.. no KO though.

Canelo's trainer response to the potential opponent for the May fight: "The Golovkin trilogy, Callum Smith, John Ryder, Billy Joe Saunders." 

Absolutely clueless.

• Subscriber
On 02/06/2019 at 05:51, Inverted said:

Good to see it's confirmed that Joshua is a fraud propelled to stardom by an extremely carefully curated career with more focus on media and marketing than the sport itself.

I always thought it would all fall apart when he was eventually forced to take a tough fight, turns out it's fallen apart even in a typically rigged match-up.  

:bye:

On 03/06/2019 at 14:09, Lucas said:

Never understood the Joshua hate, especially from fellow Englishmen. None of us know the bloke truly do we?

I've always thought he's been quite humble. It's not like he takes part in all those theatrics before the fight like many others.

He stays cool, believe's in his ability, has the fight and shows his opponent respect where deserved. It's easy to confuse confidence with arrogance.

There's no doubt he underestimated his opponent, as did pretty much most the general public pre fight, let's be honest. No one was talking up Ruiz and he shocked us all. Fair play to the bloke.

Let's see what AJ is made of now. Forget Wilder for now, let him make all the noise he wants.

AJ's got a must win fight to keep the undisputed dream alive. You learn a lot more about yourself in defeat than you do victory and all the greats have tasted defeat and come back stronger.

Finally, a bit of sense... a bit of pride in one of our own.

2 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

:bye:

Finally, a bit of sense... a bit of pride in one of our own.

The hate is not so much with AJ its with his cardboard cut out cunt of a sidekick Eddie Hearn. Hearn is conning the public alot, they get roped in and AJ is his only heavyweight cash cow at the moment he has. The 2 Ruiz fights have been a joke for AJ's reputation.  

Lets see if AJ gets to fight Wilder as he will not be able to keep his distance from him like he did with the little fat Mexican who was partying everyday eating and drinking shit leading up to that fight.

Edited by Panna King

6 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Shit excuses. 

Can i get a two time? Two time?

AJ is now 1 of only 4 men in history to regain a heavyweight World title in an immediate rematch. Alongside Floyd Patterson, Muhammad Ali and Lennox Lewis. That is the company he's now in, when people look back in history. The pressure on him was MASSIVE going into this. And to come out with the masterclass and arguably not lose a round was amazing. :congrats::$:England:

He can't box they said. 

He's going to retire they said

He no longer has the heart for this they said

Going to cash in on the rematch they said

Losing again but more convincingly they said

Fucking love it... love Boxing. Love our British boxers... the belts are back home. It would have been absolute wank if Al Haymon had all the belts in America.

Let's hope Joshua doesn't have the giddiness of some of his fanboys, he knows himself.

On 07/12/2019 at 16:17, MUFC said:

That style would shut Wilder out.

:rofl: 

I didnt think it was possible but AJs unimpressive performance versus a way less effective Ruiz (compared to the first fight)  I'm even more confident now that THEBRONZEBOMBER would knock down AJ 10 times out of ten just like he did Fury and the majority of boxers he has faced. Fury had the balls to get up but Hearns bitch WONT.. he nows betters than to give Wilder a second chance at ending his career xD dont get carried away by the W against a weaker version of mr I cant handle the spotlight Ruiz. There is levels to this shit my n...a and Wilder is our Ali or Tyson whether you like it or not. 

-----

But former cruiserweight champion-turned-boxing pundit McCrory was not too impressed with Joshua’s performance, saying he ‘made a little fat fella look like Rocky Marciano’.

Joshua learned from his mistakes in their first bout and put in an intelligent display in the rematch as he outboxed Ruiz Jr, who – having weighed in at over 20st – revealed that he had not trained properly for the fight.

But McCrory has accused the 30-year-old champion of ‘running away’ from his opponent, saying he looked vulnerable every time Ruiz Jr put him under pressure.

“I see it in two ways,” he told talkSPORT hosts Jim White and Natalie Sawyer when asked about Saturday’s fight in the Middle East.

“One, he did what he had to do to win and pick up the £60m; he boxed excellently, used great movement and his jab was good.

But on the other hand, he made Andy Ruiz Jr look like Rocky Marciano! He made an ordinary fighter look dangerous.

At the end of the day, he was in the ring with a little fat bloke. I’m not taking too much away from Ruiz Jr, but he was badly out of shape and Joshua made him look like some sort of monster.

“This wasn’t Mike Tyson, this wasn’t George Foreman. You’ve got to put it in context of who he beat.

“There looked to be so much frailty around Joshua; any time he got in close quarters he grabbed, because it looked like he would get hurt at any time.

“I thought he’d pepper him with a jab, step in and take him out, but his confidence didn’t look there. Any time they came close he tied them up. He wasn’t in with a super danger man!

“If you weren’t a boxing fan and you looked at the TV screen, you would say ‘is this a joke?’ You’ve got one super athlete at 6ft 6in and one fella who is badly out of shape, and yet the big fella is all over the ring and running away, running away, running away.”

Joshua’s win has set him up to chase what would be huge fights with Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury next year, although he’ll likely need to face mandatory challenger for the IBF belt Kubrat Pulev first.

But McCrory says the Brit will have absolutely no chance against heavyweight rivals Fury or Wilder if he keeps fighting as he did against Ruiz Jr.

He added: “I want to give him credit, it was a beautiful boxing display… but are you going to do that with Deontay Wilder?

For me, Tyson Fury looks way better, and do not even go near Deontay Wilder because he’ll get knocked out.

“Fight fans will want it, and Joshua doesn’t shirk a challenge so hopefully he’ll take a fight like that, but it’s then we’ll find out if he’s back and whether he can claim greatness.

“It’s when he goes in with somebody like Wilder when we’ll find out his true measure and where he will stand in heavyweight history.”

:ay: the truth will set you free!!! Hearn and his pussy bitch barely scrapped by Ruiz and those two performances alone is all the boxing world needed to see to know how its gonna end for AJ if he agrees to fight the current TOP heavyweight boxer in the world. The ala-muda-fucking-bama legend will bring yall back to reality if the fight ever happens, 

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Let's hope Joshua doesn't have the giddiness of some of his fanboys, he knows himself.

Just passionate about our sportsmen and women. And I love the sport of Boxing. :)

11 hours ago, Panna King said:

The hate is not so much with AJ its with his cardboard cut out cunt of a sidekick Eddie Hearn. Hearn is conning the public alot, they get roped in and AJ is his only heavyweight cash cow at the moment he has. The 2 Ruiz fights have been a joke for AJ's reputation.  

Lets see if AJ gets to fight Wilder as he will not be able to keep his distance from him like he did with the little fat Mexican who was partying everyday eating and drinking shit leading up to that fight.

Clueless.

When Wilder gets beaten off Fury ... AGAIN. The main fight to make will not involve Wilder.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

I didnt think it was possible but AJs unimpressive performance versus a way less effective Ruiz (compared to the first fight)  I'm even more confident now that THEBRONZEBOMBER would knock down AJ 10 times out of ten just like he did Fury and the majority of boxers he has faced. Fury had the balls to get up but Hearns bitch WONT.. he nows betters than to give Wilder a second chance at ending his career xD dont get carried away by the W against a weaker version of mr I cant handle the spotlight Ruiz. There is levels to this shit my n...a and Wilder is our Ali or Tyson whether you like it or not. 

-----

But former cruiserweight champion-turned-boxing pundit McCrory was not too impressed with Joshua’s performance, saying he ‘made a little fat fella look like Rocky Marciano’.

Joshua learned from his mistakes in their first bout and put in an intelligent display in the rematch as he outboxed Ruiz Jr, who – having weighed in at over 20st – revealed that he had not trained properly for the fight.

But McCrory has accused the 30-year-old champion of ‘running away’ from his opponent, saying he looked vulnerable every time Ruiz Jr put him under pressure.

“I see it in two ways,” he told talkSPORT hosts Jim White and Natalie Sawyer when asked about Saturday’s fight in the Middle East.

“One, he did what he had to do to win and pick up the £60m; he boxed excellently, used great movement and his jab was good.

But on the other hand, he made Andy Ruiz Jr look like Rocky Marciano! He made an ordinary fighter look dangerous.

At the end of the day, he was in the ring with a little fat bloke. I’m not taking too much away from Ruiz Jr, but he was badly out of shape and Joshua made him look like some sort of monster.

“This wasn’t Mike Tyson, this wasn’t George Foreman. You’ve got to put it in context of who he beat.

“There looked to be so much frailty around Joshua; any time he got in close quarters he grabbed, because it looked like he would get hurt at any time.

“I thought he’d pepper him with a jab, step in and take him out, but his confidence didn’t look there. Any time they came close he tied them up. He wasn’t in with a super danger man!

“If you weren’t a boxing fan and you looked at the TV screen, you would say ‘is this a joke?’ You’ve got one super athlete at 6ft 6in and one fella who is badly out of shape, and yet the big fella is all over the ring and running away, running away, running away.”

Joshua’s win has set him up to chase what would be huge fights with Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury next year, although he’ll likely need to face mandatory challenger for the IBF belt Kubrat Pulev first.

But McCrory says the Brit will have absolutely no chance against heavyweight rivals Fury or Wilder if he keeps fighting as he did against Ruiz Jr.

He added: “I want to give him credit, it was a beautiful boxing display… but are you going to do that with Deontay Wilder?

For me, Tyson Fury looks way better, and do not even go near Deontay Wilder because he’ll get knocked out.

“Fight fans will want it, and Joshua doesn’t shirk a challenge so hopefully he’ll take a fight like that, but it’s then we’ll find out if he’s back and whether he can claim greatness.

“It’s when he goes in with somebody like Wilder when we’ll find out his true measure and where he will stand in heavyweight history.”

:ay: the truth will set you free!!! Hearn and his pussy bitch barely scrapped by Ruiz and those two performances alone is all the boxing world needed to see to know how its gonna end for AJ if he agrees to fight the current TOP heavyweight boxer in the world. The ala-muda-fucking-bama legend will bring yall back to reality if the fight ever happens, 

Clueless.

Can I get a two time?

On 12/12/2019 at 20:07, Carnivore Chris said:

Joshua should fight both Fury and Wilder and Wilder and Fury should have another fight. That's what people want to see.

This is how I'd like to see 2020 unfold.

Fury v Wilder

Joshua v Whyte

Winners face off end of the year. 

Ideally, Fury v Joshua in one of the biggest domestic battles we've probably ever seen.

• Subscriber
On 11/12/2019 at 15:10, Teso dos Bichos said:

-----

When I read Wilder and Ali in the same sentence I stopped reading.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 27/12/2019 at 16:53, LFCMike said:

Wilder-Fury 22 February confirmed

On 27/12/2019 at 17:19, DeadLinesman said:

C83BEDDE-E9BB-4757-8ED6-57141EFE8C11.jpeg

On 27/12/2019 at 17:46, Danny said:

Interesting to see how this goes, you look at how GGG was robbed against Canelo and how their careers have panned since and Fury will be hoping to avoid that

They will the probably have the Trilogy fight. I hope not as the winner NEEDS to face Joshua. It would be arguably one of the biggest fights of all time.

• 1 month later...