talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Boxing

football forum

18 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

Yep. He was due to fight Krzysztof Glowaki for the vacant WBO Cruserweight world title.

He still wanted to get out and fight as fighters always do after a tough training camp, but he was never going to get an elite level replacement on such short notice. As they’re going to want a full training camp to fight someone like Okolie.

I’ve met Okolie at an event he was actually really great with me and hundreds of other fans. Took a lot of time for us all. 

Not related to Okolie but there can’t be a nicer fighter than Joshua Buatsi. Phenomenally brutal in the ring but outside seems like a proper gent

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Danny said:

Not related to Okolie but there can’t be a nicer fighter than Joshua Buatsi. Phenomenally brutal in the ring but outside seems like a proper gent

Yeah I agree mate. His career has been guided by AJ and AJ has helped him a lot. As I’m sure he’s helped a lot of people.

• Subscriber

How fucking good is Canelo? Every punch  he throws is a power punch, including the jabs.

Canelo’s defense is also amazing - subtle head and foot movement and moving with the punches that hit him.

Then to top it off, he’s got a granite chin and impressive stamina and fights on his front foot!

I would have Canelo as the P4P#1 if he wasn’t a drugs cheat.

Credit to Smith for staying on his feet but an amazing performance by Canelo for the win.

The only boxer that could beat Canelo at or below 175lbs is Beterbiev. Caleb Plant could give him a good fight but I feel will come up short.

#SweetScience

• Upvote 2

Canelo walked that didn’t he? Shame Smith had nothing on him last night, I do think there’s a better performance in Smith than what he showed last night but clearly even he feels he’s not good enough at this weight anymore. With that said I’m not sure Smith does much better in a rematch, Canelo won fairly easily without really having to fight at his best, but Canelo is clearly P4P#1.

Fair play to Smith for lasting the fight though, chin on him.

• Subscriber

Too easy for Canelo. When I watched it at the time I was saying it was closer than the cards suggested and bla bla... but it wasn’t to be fair after re watching back again. It was far too easy for Canelo.

Canelo linking up with Eddie Hearn hopefully means we may see a fight with BJS. I think Saunders style will be very interesting and chess match style fight. 

Canelk went up to Hearn after the fight and said thats 3, who next. On about fighters from his stable.

48 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Too easy for Canelo. When I watched it at the time I was saying it was closer than the cards suggested and bla bla... but it wasn’t to be fair after re watching back again. It was far too easy for Canelo.

Canelo linking up with Eddie Hearn hopefully means we may see a fight with BJS. I think Saunders style will be very interesting and chess match style fight. 

Canelk went up to Hearn after the fight and said thats 3, who next. On about fighters from his stable.

What made you think it was closer at the time? Not being a cunt at all, just interested. I just struggled to give Smith a round. His best round was the 8th or 9th, can't remember which, but I think Canelo still won the round.

I agree that Saunders is an interesting fight. Just no way he wins a decision against Canelo though over there

Callum always struggles with smaller opponents, Im a big fan of his but there’s no way he won that Ryder fight. Struggled badly in that fight then gets thrown straight in with Canelo. But there’s no denying Canelo will go down as an all time great and we are lucky to witness this guy in his prime.

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, LFCMike said:

What made you think it was closer at the time? Not being a cunt at all, just interested. I just struggled to give Smith a round. His best round was the 8th or 9th, can't remember which, but I think Canelo still won the round.

I agree that Saunders is an interesting fight. Just no way he wins a decision against Canelo though over there

I was drunk, tired and passionate about a fighter who I like and wanted to win. That’s all really.  xD

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

The best stable in the sport and the best promotor in the sport announce how they’re kicking off 2021 in the UK. 

I also think Hearn and Canelo are planning a couple of fights. Yildrim in Feb then hopefully Billy Joe Saunders in May.

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Yildrim? The one who got stopped by Eubank Jr? What a waste of time that would be

I know :( 

but that’s Canelo’s plan unfortunately.

I don’t really want to see the GGG Trilogy to be honest. I’d hate Canelo to win convincingly now that GGG is old and probably past it. I stand by GGG winning the first. 

Would really love to see BJS as the next test for Canelo. So hopefully it happens in May.

• Upvote 1

I’d like to see GGG v Canelo even though the trilogy has been ruined by poor officiating, there was absolutely no way GGG didn’t win the first fight and its left a bitter taste in a lot of people’s mouths tbh, and as much as I don’t actually dislike Canelo. He seems decent enough as a person, reps Mexico, always speaks Spanish, a great fighter that’s entertaining to watch. But those GGG fights were legacy fights and the officiating had completely padded his reputation as a pound for pound great, especially now GGG doesn’t have age on his side. Canelo will fight him when he’s a bit older and slower and try and claim the win from that but being honest the whole thing has been bullshit

Edited by Danny

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, MUFC said:

Panorama: BBC team threatened following Boxing and the Mob programme.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55956375

The Kinahan Cartel are very powerful. You ever heard of them @Carnivore Chris ? Watch the recent Panorama episode mate, up your street. 

It’s mainly the rise of MTK(formerly) MGM that was founded alongside Matthew Macklin that has enabled Kinahan to rise in boxing. Billy Joe has publicly defended him.  And he was a massive part of Tyson Fury returning. 

Crazy stuff.