talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Boxing

football forum

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

What the fuck. I mean his eye does look damaged but would be not just give it another round? He was either one behind or level at the end of the 8th. One of the DAZN commentators even had him ahead!

Why should be take punishment for another round if he’s suffered a serious injury? I think it was only going to end one way with the state of his eye/face.

2 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Why should be take punishment for another round if he’s suffered a serious injury? I think it was only going to end one way with the state of his eye/face.

Fair enough, sounds like a bad injury round his eye from what we're hearing

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Fair enough, sounds like a bad injury round his eye from what we're hearing

Didn’t Saunders slate Dubois? I seem to recall him being critical of him. And it won’t be long before the media pick up on such a thing.

Edited by JoshBRFC

12 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Didn’t Saunders slate Dubois? I seem to recall him being critical of him. And it won’t be long before the media pick up on such a thing.

A quick Google of 'Saunders Dubois' brings up this quote from Saunders

“If my two eye sockets were broken, my jaw was broken, my teeth were out, my nose was smashed, my brain was beaten, I was not stopping until I was knocked out or worse. I don’t agree with a man taking the knee and letting the ref count him out.”

lol

5 hours ago, LFCMike said:

I'm glad Canelo finished the job. Fucking state of these xD

That's disgusting. It was never that difference at the time.

Fair play to Canelo for the finish but to insinuate he was coasting the fight like that is laughable. What chance do you have if that's what you're up against?

The one thing with Boxing that really irritates me. Corrupt judges.

• Subscriber
55 minutes ago, Lucas said:

That's disgusting. It was never that difference at the time.

Fair play to Canelo for the finish but to insinuate he was coasting the fight like that is laughable. What chance do you have if that's what you're up against?

The one thing with Boxing that really irritates me. Corrupt judges.

I really don’t think these scorecards are as criminal as people are making out. The rounds were close and no clear winner in a few of them. Saunders probably clearly only won one round out of the 7. Argument could be made that he won 2 more rounds which is fair enough but that’s it. 

Fury has been ordered to fight Wilder before September. Not sure what this means for Fury v Joshua. Hopefully they can just pay Wilder to step aside and face the winner. I'm not sure why we need to see Fury v Wilder again. Fury won both fights and the second convincingly.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Fury has been ordered to fight Wilder before September. Not sure what this means for Fury v Joshua. Hopefully they can just pay Wilder to step aside and face the winner. I'm not sure why we need to see Fury v Wilder again. Fury won both fights and the second convincingly.

Wilder is overrated and was found out. I really don’t want to see this again. 

Hopefully common sense prevails after all this ffs.

5 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Literally no point in watching the 3rd, Fury proved he can not only out box Wilder but has the power to overwhelm him too.

Difficult though cos Dillian Whyte still deserves his title shot

I remember when Tyson Fury used to be based in The Netherlands at his uncle Peter gym in Rotterdam, he used to train a lot in Nijmegen as well, his Uncle Peter was jailed for Drug smuggling and used to have a lot of businesses with well known Dutch gangsters..

Edited by Panna King

• Subscriber

AJ’s side and my mate Eddie sorted the whole thing and then the amateurs on the other side underestimated this court case. 

If Wilder gets a step aside fee it won’t even be close, it will be the biggest step aside fee in history.

If he has to fight Wilder and he won’t step aside then AJ will fight Usyk. Which I think is just as tough of a fight than Fury. 

Edited by JoshBRFC

49 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

AJ’s side and my mate Eddie sorted the whole thing and then the amateurs on the other side underestimated this court case. 

If Wilder gets a step aside fee it won’t even be close, it will be the biggest step aside fee in history.

If he has to fight Wilder and he won’t step aside then AJ will fight Usyk. Which I think is just as tough of a fight than Fury. 

Wilder isn't going anywhere, Fury has all but admitted he's got to fight him next and it wouldn't surprise me if Wilder knocked him out next fight. I know he put Fury down in the first fight but law of average says if you keep getting in the ring with a man loaded with dynamite in his fists your going to eventually get caught by one of the bombs. 

As for AJ vs Usyk, I agree tough tough fight Joshua because Usyk is a well skilled operator, I would love to see how he took one of Joshua's big shots though. Chisora wasn't really every effected by Usyk's power but just didn't seem to have a stamina to break down Usyk's ring craft. 

Usyk in my opion is way too small to bother Joshua.

Have the Fury camp put a sly public show on regarding a fight with Joshua, knowing there was a contract for a third fight with Wilder?

Edited by MUFC

1 minute ago, MUFC said:

Usyk in my opion is way too small to bother Joshua.

Have the Fury camp put a sly public show on regarding a fight with Joshua, knowing there was a contract for a third fight with Wilder?

Yeah but if he could keep busy he could defo out work Joshua work wise, I'd imagine Joshua would manage his weight well to allow him more mobility and stamina through the fight. 

You could be right about the Fury camp as well, both announcements came too close together for Fury not to know he had to fight Wilder, even if the court case was the following day why wouldn't he wait until the outcome before releasing the video. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Devil said:

Yeah but if he could keep busy he could defo out work Joshua work wise, I'd imagine Joshua would manage his weight well to allow him more mobility and stamina through the fight. 

You could be right about the Fury camp as well, both announcements came too close together for Fury not to know he had to fight Wilder, even if the court case was the following day why wouldn't he wait until the outcome before releasing the video. 

I'll be pissed off if Fury - Joshua doesn't happen.

Just now, MUFC said:

I'll be pissed off if Fury - Joshua doesn't happen.

I'm gonna call it now, I think either one could get beat myself.

I'd go Fury, just don't like the odds with getting in a third time with a fighter so heavy fisted. 

• Upvote 1