talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Boxing

football forum

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

Won't happen, they will go where it does the most money

Yeah, I agree, they will likely go where they can make the most money and that's not Ukraine. Although if it were to be held in Ukraine, the venue would be sold out as it was for this fight in Tottenham.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MUFC said:

Boxing him was a huge mistake, it was easier against Ruiz fight 2 as he wasn't the most mobile and had put a few more stones on. I still feel Joshua could have taken a punt or 2 early on with some big shots. Even if he missed once or twice, he was still getting tagged anyway but missing via a big swing does leave you open. 

I feel that one reason  Joshua couldn't get close or close the gap in order to threw some big shots is because he's more on the flat footed side and isn't the most mobile. I also felt he was a tad predictable vs Usky in how he came foreword. The clever skilled fighters come in with good head movement and weave or come in at certain angles. Joshua was predicatble, he moved foreword slowly in a straight line opposed to using angles. 

They used a smaller ring which I thought would have favored Joshua if he used the right tactics. Did you see the Fury video pre-fight? Everyone is saying he was right lol.

Listen, lets be honest, AJ was outclassed by Usyk in this fight. I say AJ won 4 rounds at most and that's being generous as it was more like 3. So he has experienced that trying to box arguably the best pound for pound boxer in the world is only going to lead to a convincing defeat for him. But I believe that he took the more cautious approach in this fight because he didn't want to get exposed early against Usyk. As swinging with big punches would have left him very exposed if he didn't connect and it could have been potentially embarrassing for him.

However, in the rematch, I think he has little choice but to go for broke. He was outclassed when he decided to box Usyk this Saturday, so now I think that he has little option but to go into the rematch and start swinging and hoping for the best. If he catches the lightning quick Usyk with a huge hit that's accurate, he could find genuine success. But equally, he could be humbled by Usyk if he fails to connect properly with his big punches, as Usyk will take full advantage when Joshua exposes himself. 

Either way, I think that the rematch should be just as entertaining. Usyk is a masterclass and it would make it entertaining if Joshua managed to catch Usyk with a huge punch. It would be interesting to see how Usyk would respond. However, if you ask me, I think Usyk will dominate the rematch as well, regardless of what approach or tactics Joshua deploys. But that's just my own personal opinion from watching Usyk's superb boxing skills.

15 hours ago, MUFC said:

Seen as you were there, how clearly could you see Joshua? Is it body as good in the flesh as it is on TV? Could you see the cut in his arms? when he raised his arms, how visible were his abs? 

Hey buddy, I think you should know that I am straight, I don't look at men in that way. :ph34r: xD

Yeah, he was pretty cut up, same in real life as he appears on telly. 💪

Edited by Michael
  • Haha 1

Looks like the battle comes to an end this late Saturday night. Who you got winning and how out of Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder in the trilogy fight?

Plenty of good heavyweight fights on the under card including Efe Ajagba and Jared Anderson who will showcase their fighting skills. Set your alarm for 4am fight fans, usually the main event starts

at 5am, you never know fights could finish early due to KO's.

Saturday 9, October 2021

T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA 

TV Sat - BT Sport Box Office PPV (UK) - Fox PPV (USA) - Main Event PPV (Australia) - Sky Arena PPV (New Zealand) ViaPlay PPV (Norway) - ViaPlay PPV (Finland)

Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder 3 

Robert Helenius vs Adam Kownacki 
Efe Ajagba vs Frank Sanchez 
Edgar Berlanga vs Marcelo Esteban Coceres
Jared Anderson vs Vladimir Tereshkin

What an absolute warrior Tyson Fury is, I remember being at one of his early fights at a leisure centre in Huddersfield. Never did I think he'd go on to become the fighter he is today.

He's taken the best that Wilder has been able to give over the trilogy and he still came out on top in all three fights. The result in the first may say draw but everyone knows Fury had that fight won.

Totally dominated last night, yes he went down twice but that further showed how powerful and strong he is to come back and dominate Wilder.