talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Boxing

football forum

AJ ruined that whole thing at the end. Embarrassing. As for Fury calling it the worst fight ever, he mustn't have watched back some of his over the years against absolute nobodies. Usyk just doesn’t have heavyweight power. The whole division is a farce at the minute. Nobody seems to have the combination of brains and the raw power to pull it off.

Usually when AJ lands a few good shots he can follow up or finish. Problem is that Usyk isn't like the static fighters AJ has faced. Saying that I was thinking in round 9 you have to finish Usyk now while you have the chance. If not, you knew he'd be gassed out for the next few rounds.

AJ lost convincingly but I still think he'd do a lot better against a Fury or Wilder. He's always struggled with smaller fighters, put on top of that that Usyk's movement is off the charts its hard for him to hit him with the shots he likes.

Styles make fights and I think that against someone of a similar size to AJ he will have a lot more success with those upper cuts and right hooks that went missing against Usyk. Ultimately AJ is a combination puncher, he wants to unload big time and that's much easier to do against a bigger man. 

I don't see Usyk beating Fury, I think Fury will smother him.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Danny said:

AJ lost convincingly but I still think he'd do a lot better against a Fury or Wilder. He's always struggled with smaller fighters, put on top of that that Usyk's movement is off the charts its hard for him to hit him with the shots he likes.

Styles make fights and I think that against someone of a similar size to AJ he will have a lot more success with those upper cuts and right hooks that went missing against Usyk. Ultimately AJ is a combination puncher, he wants to unload big time and that's much easier to do against a bigger man. 

With doubt this is the best part of a boxing match.

• Subscriber

Fury fails drugs tests, has a meltdown and messes the division up. Fans praise him.

AJ finally has a melt down after a decade of being the face of boxing in the UK and hypocrites attack him, as they always do.

This man changed the way boxing is viewed worldwide and saved a dead scene in the UK. 

He's an inspiration to me and always will be, much more than the other lying hypocrite. 

I hope Fury fights Usyk i really do, he would be the favourite and rightly so. But it needs to happen. The man is now demanding 500m after previously saying he would fight for free. Money doesn't matter....same man who gives all his fight purses to charity apparently!? Just shutup and make the fight.

9EB0F4A7-0874-4A93-A6E2-15B3B53F4C3D.jpeg

Edited by JoshBRFC
  • Upvote 1

On 21/08/2022 at 09:39, Danny said:

I completely agree as regards to AJ. Usyk has just got his number, there's no shame in losing to the best pound for pound boxer in the world. Usyk's quick and relentless movement, was just too much for AJ. Moreover, the amount of punches that Usyk threw and landed was incredible. It's enough to tire any heavyweight boxer, not just AJ. AJ gave it his all, tried to use aggressive tactics and it almost paid off in the 9th round, but ultimately Usyk was just too good and showed his skills and power right to the end.

I do believe that AJ would be a real match for Wilder. Wilder might be the hardest puncher in the world, but I think that AJ is the better overall boxer. They both have power, but I think that fight would probably be a 50/50 and it would be an excellent fight to watch. I also don't believe that Fury would find it easy against AJ, that would be another tough fight, but I think that Fury would ultimately win. He has more skills and better movement than AJ, so he would be my slight favourite for that potential fight. Fury's height and weight advantage, would also make him a slight favourite in a potential Usyk v Fury fight in my view.

As concerning AJ and his loss to Usyk. He was wrong to get into the ring at the end of the fight and behave the way he did. But that was clearly his frustration showing. Having months of intense training and wanting to prove that he can get revenge over his convincing loss in Tottenham against Usyk a year ago, meant that losing to Usyk again, was a very hard pill to swallow. He just has to accept that Usyk is too skilled for him to beat. But the world is still his oyster. There are so many other top fighters out there who he could fight and beat. Wilder, Joyce, Hunter, Helenius, Bakole etc. Even a potential fight with Fury would be huge and even though he'd be the underdog in that fight in my opinion, he'd still have a decent chance of winning. We mustn't forget that Joshua has beaten top 10 fighters like Joseph Parker, Andy Ruiz and Dilian Whyte, in addition to some of the best Eastern European fighters in Klitschko, Pulev and Povetkin.

AJ just needs to move on from the Usyk fights and try and redeem himself against other top heavyweight boxers, which he is very much capable of doing. As for Usyk, I think that he would convincingly defeat every other heavyweight out there, except for Fury. Fury is like a larger version of Usyk. Usyk is slightly quicker and has a bit more skills, but Fury has the weight and height advantage, which could prove critical. Fury is also not scared to mix it up and use dirty tactics. Fury would try to rough Usyk up right from the start of any potential fight between them I think. He would try to bully Usyk, but again that's easier said than done. That's why such a fight between them would be an excellent watch.

Edited by Michael

On 21/08/2022 at 00:22, Danny said:

Would still love to see AJ vs Fury and Wilder. I think he does a lot better against a bigger man, always struggles with smaller fighters.

I'd like to see fights between all of AJ, Fury, Wilder and Usyk. They are the top 4 heavyweights in the world and they all bring different styles and attributes to the table. Fury and Usyk are the two best, but AJ and Wilder are still real heavyweights to be reckoned with. The next heavyweight fights that should happen are Usyk v Fury and AJ v Wilder, both mouth watering fights in my opinion.

• Subscriber

I disagree that AJ lost clearly. I’ve watched it back without commentary and it’s much better. Usyk still won but not by much. AJ was much better than the first fight… first fight was 8-4 in rounds to Usyk. This was much closer. I had it even or even AJ ahead going into the last 3 rounds. Then Usyk won all 3. 

Sky have become embarrassing and cringey to be honest and their whole team needs a shakeup. Dazn’s production team and punditry is the best in the world at the minute, Mike Costello, Laura Woods, Andy Lee, etc. No surprise given they have the best promoter in Hearn.

Edited by JoshBRFC

On 21/08/2022 at 08:41, MUFC said:

Usually when AJ lands a few good shots he can follow up or finish. Problem is that Usyk isn't like the static fighters AJ has faced. Saying that I was thinking in round 9 you have to finish Usyk now while you have the chance. If not, you knew he'd be gassed out for the next few rounds.

Well Joshua landed a big punch on Usyk's chin in the 10th round, but Usyk proved that he has a chin made of granite. Usyk was simply too slick, quick and too talented for Joshua. Usyk threw 712 punches against Joshua, which is unheard of in the heavyweight division. That's enough punches thrown to make any opponent tire. Usually heavyweights at best, throw around 350 punches in a 12 round fight. Joshua though gave his best in this fight, he was very aggressive against Usyk early. He even executed what looked like a couple of low blows against Usyk. In the end, it wasn't to be though, as Usyk was just too quick, smart and resilient for him. Joshua though, should find much more success against a boxer like Wilder though. Where he will be able to land much more punches and not get hit so much.

Oleksandr Usyk’s incredible reaction to taking massive Anthony Joshua punch (givemesport.com)

Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk punch stats highlight Ukrainian’s masterclass – GiveMeSport

Usyk Says "More Low Blows" Was The Main Joshua Difference In Rematch (boxing-social.com)

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Michael said:

Well Joshua landed a big punch on Usyk's chin in the 10th round, but Usyk proved that he has a chin made of granite. Usyk was simply too slick, quick and too talented for Joshua. Usyk threw 712 punches against Joshua, which is unheard of in the heavyweight division. That's enough punches thrown to make any opponent tire. Usually heavyweights at best, throw around 350 punches in a 12 round fight. Joshua though gave his best in this fight, he was very aggressive against Usyk early. He even executed what looked like a couple of low blows against Usyk. In the end, it wasn't to be though, as Usyk was just too quick, smart and resilient for him. Joshua though, should find much more success against a boxer like Wilder though. Where he will be able to land much more punches and not get hit so much.

Oleksandr Usyk’s incredible reaction to taking massive Anthony Joshua punch (givemesport.com)

Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk punch stats highlight Ukrainian’s masterclass – GiveMeSport

Usyk Says "More Low Blows" Was The Main Joshua Difference In Rematch (boxing-social.com)

Being honest like many others I thought in fight 1 that Joshua would have him out of there in 6 rounds. I honestly thought he'd be too big and hit too hard. Fight 2 I thought Joshua was going to go for an early onslaught. My reason is that Usyk came from a lower weight and hadn't had many fights at heavy. I never learnt from following Holyfield career it seemed lol.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

I disagree that AJ lost clearly. I’ve watched it back without commentary and it’s much better. Usyk still won but not by much. AJ was much better than the first fight… first fight was 8-4 in rounds to Usyk. This was much closer. I had it even or even AJ ahead going into the last 3 rounds. Then Usyk won all 3. 

Sky have become embarrassing and cringey to be honest and their whole team needs a shakeup. Dazn’s production team and punditry is the best in the world at the minute, Mike Costello, Laura Woods, Andy Lee, etc. No surprise given they have the best promoter in Hearn.

I remember when I was younger. There was a boxing club where we would go to do circuit training. The older heads were hardcore boxing fans. I remember them saying on many occasion what you've said above. If you want to see the true reflection of a boxing fight always watch it on mute.

14 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Well people are all going to have their own opinions on this. But I'd have had it even or Usyk leading after round 9. Then as we all know, Usyk won the last 3 rounds. Usyk threw and landed an incredible amount of punches. I do think that Joshua fought a much better fight than the 1st fight in Tottenham which I went to see. But Usyk was still the clear winner in my opinion. But I don't agree with those who have been slating Joshua. It is uncalled for, Joshua is an excellent boxer who has proven himself. He lost to the best pound for pound boxer in the world, there's no shame in that. 

I also agree about Andy Lee, he is excellent in his analysis. Moreover, Laura Woods is very level headed in her assessment of this fight and she shut that idiot Jamie O'Hara up, when he was coming out with his nonsense as regards to Joshua. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Being honest like many others I thought in fight 1 that Joshua would have him out of there in 6 rounds. I honestly thought he'd be too big and hit too hard. Fight 2 I thought Joshua was going to go for an early onslaught. My reason is that Usyk came from a lower weight and hadn't had many fights at heavy. I never learnt from following Holyfield career it seemed lol.

Yep, that was always the question that we were all asking in the 1st fight. We knew that Usyk was an excellent technical boxer, but would Joshua's size and power just be too much for him? I think he answered that question for everyone, as he beat Joshua convincingly in Tottenham. This past Sunday's fight in Jeddah, Usyk proved he was the better fighter again, even though it was a much tougher fight for him this time around. At the end of the day, I just think that Usyk has Joshua's number. Jushua should just move on, as he has the ability to find success against other top heavyweights. If he beats Wilder for example, everyone will be singing his praises again and he will be the darling of the British boxing faithful once more.

• Thanks 1

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Michael said:

Well people are all going to have their own opinions on this. But I'd have had it even or Usyk leading after round 9. Then as we all know, Usyk won the last 3 rounds. Usyk threw and landed an incredible amount of punches. I do think that Joshua fought a much better fight than the 1st fight in Tottenham which I went to see. But Usyk was still the clear winner in my opinion. But I don't agree with those who have been slating Joshua. It is uncalled for, Joshua is an excellent boxer who has proven himself. He lost to the best pound for pound boxer in the world, there's no shame in that. 

I also agree about Andy Lee, he is excellent in his analysis. Moreover, Laura Woods is very level headed in her assessment of this fight and she shut that idiot Jamie O'Hara up, when he was coming out with his nonsense as regards to Joshua. 

Fair points mate. I was also there. Why didn’t we meet for a pint?! Ha 

First 9 were either way but yeah Usyk got the last 3. I really hope he fights and beats Fury now. AJ will be back.

On 26/08/2022 at 15:22, JoshBRFC said:

How comes DAZN have gone to PPV…no point buying a subscription.

Not that I’d pay to watch KSI, but other fights they have are down as PPV too.