talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Boxing

football forum

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, Devil said:

Amazing how many top British fighters have been in with Canelo over the last thirteen years. 

Only one gone the distance as well, Matthew Hatton. Fair play to the lad as well, arguably the worst of the bunch that have been in with him.

I expect Ryder to put up a decent resistance but ultimately Canelo will wear him down and take him down mid to early rounds. Maybe a shot to the body.

Hatton fight was a complete shutout,  other than Canelo being deducted a point. At the time I didn’t expect it due to how young Canelo was.

11 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Sure Callum Smith lasted the 12 rounds. Remember him losing virtually every round like

Aye. Smith went the 12. I was disappointed in that fight as I genuinely believed Smith would pose a bigger threat, he’s such a talented boxer. I know the injury would have been a factor and probably years of getting to 168, but it was still disappointing. 

Ryan Rhodes almost went the full 12. 

6 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

Hatton fight was a complete shutout,  other than Canelo being deducted a point. At the time I didn’t expect it due to how young Canelo was.

Yeah he just hung on for dear life. The gulf in class was insane but fair play to Matthew he got the fight off the back of a bit of a decent run of wins if I remember rightly. 

Didn't he win the European title from memory.

17 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Sure Callum Smith lasted the 12 rounds. Remember him losing virtually every round like

Yeah, should have remembered that one.

6 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

Aye. Smith went the 12. I was disappointed in that fight as I genuinely believed Smith would pose a bigger threat, he’s such a talented boxer. I know the injury would have been a factor and probably years of getting to 168, but it was still disappointing. 

Ryan Rhodes almost went the full 12. 

Yeah forgot he went the distance, in my head of got Smith getting beat by a body shot. I'm kinda mixing the Fielding, Beefy and Callum fights up in my head.

Ryan Rhodes, tidy fighter he was. Shame he just kept falling short at the very top level. Similar to Mitchell and Martin Murray in the sense I always desperately wanted them to win world titles but they just came up short.

• 3 weeks later...

Going to watch Lara vs Woods at the Manchester Arena on Saturday night, I'm fully expecting a Lara stoppage win but Woods will come and give it a go. 

Decent price for tickets as well so should be a good night.

Anyone else watch the Haney v Lomachenko fight a couple of weeks ago? I thought that it was pretty clear that Lomachenko should have won, but the judges unanimously gave the decision to Haney. Most people thought that Lomachenko should had been awarded the win, even the likes of Jorge Linares and Shakur Stevenson thought so. Had the fight not been held in the USA, perhaps Lomachenko would have been given a more fair result.

• Subscriber
On 31/05/2023 at 09:33, Michael said:

Anyone else watch the Haney v Lomachenko fight a couple of weeks ago? I thought that it was pretty clear that Lomachenko should have won, but the judges unanimously gave the decision to Haney. Most people thought that Lomachenko should had been awarded the win, even the likes of Jorge Linares and Shakur Stevenson thought so. Had the fight not been held in the USA, perhaps Lomachenko would have been given a more fair result.

I watched it and had it close, it definitely wasn’t a robbery like the bandwagons are making out. A few close rounds that could have gone either way. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 19/06/2023 at 03:36, Spike said:

Tim Tszyu, the current darling of Australian boxing just destroyed Carlos Ocampos in under eighty seconds. Watch the extended highlights, it was a shitshow. 

Supposed to fight Charlo next. 

State of the ropes here.

https://twitter.com/michael_buffer/status/1670336769043337216?s=46

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, MUFC said:

Frank Warren is clearly not a fan of Mickey Mouse 🤣

I am not buying this fight, you might as well get William Buick fight Tyson Fury. This fight that Warren has set-up is just another cash grab event. I watched the Mayweather v McGregor fight when it happened a few years ago and that was another joke of a fight. Fury is clearly going to comfortably beat Ngannou in a boxing fight.

In other real upcoming heavyweight boxing fights, the undefeated Ukrainian Oleksandr Usyk will be fighting Daniel Dubois of the UK. Dubois who only has one loss in his heavyweight career to Joe Joyce, is in for the test of his life against Usyk. I can see Usyk winning this fight easily and maybe even getting the knockout. Usyk is as big as he has even been and has reportedly been punching as hard as anything. 

One question mark I have about this fight though, is why they chose Wroclaw in Poland to be the venue for the Usyk v Dubois fight? Actually I do know the main reasons why, it's mainly because there are a huge number of Ukrainians living in Poland, between 1 to 2 million as the reports claim. While there are only a fraction of that number of Ukrainians in the UK, nonetheless, I still think that having the fight in England would have been a better choice. Many of the Ukrainians in England would turn up for this fight if it was hosted at Wembley or the O2 Arena or anywhere else in the country. Plus there would clearly be loads of British fans who would have turned up either to support Dubois or to watch Usyk, such is his class in the boxing ring. Either way, anything other than an Usyk win against Dubois would be a big shock.

Anthony Joshua will also fight Dilian Whyte for a second time. Joshua beat Whyte the first time much earlier in his career, about seven and a half years ago, in an entertaining contest that finished with a TKO. It should be much more of a challenge for Joshua this time around, as Whyte has improved a lot. Nonetheless, Joshua will want to beat Whyte convincingly, to prove to everyone that he is still a real deal among the top boxers of the heavyweight division.

Another interesting heavyweight fight will see Joe Joyce have his rematch at Wembley with China's Zhilei Zhang. This will be another real test for Joyce against the tough Zhang. However, I see Joyce just about scraping the win against Zhang in the rematch. In any case, these heavyweight fights involving British boxers should all be entertaining.

• Subscriber

Fury is an absolute joke. As I’ve said countless times. It’s criminal that he’s conned the public for so many years. His legacy is 2 elite boxers in Wlad and Wilder. Usyk and even AJ have much better resumes and legacy’s in the sport.

He avoids Usyk despite Usyk giving into his demands and calling his bluff… then fights someone who’s never boxed professionally. Making a joke of the heavyweight division. Shocking. 

The Crawford v Spence fight should be a great fight at the end of this month. It will finally happen and it will pit two of the best fighters in their weight division. I have to say I am going with Crawford to win though. He is one of the most complete boxers out there.

• Subscriber
On 13/07/2023 at 14:08, Michael said:

The Crawford v Spence fight should be a great fight at the end of this month. It will finally happen and it will pit two of the best fighters in their weight division. I have to say I am going with Crawford to win though. He is one of the most complete boxers out there.

I hope Spence wins, not sure why, I just prefer him.

Fantastic fight though and long overdue. I just hope Spence is the same fighter after his accidents. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/07/2023 at 17:19, JoshBRFC said:

Fury is an absolute joke. As I’ve said countless times. It’s criminal that he’s conned the public for so many years. His legacy is 2 elite boxers in Wlad and Wilder. Usyk and even AJ have much better resumes and legacy’s in the sport.

He avoids Usyk despite Usyk giving into his demands and calling his bluff… then fights someone who’s never boxed professionally. Making a joke of the heavyweight division. Shocking. 

All about making money in the easiest possible ways isn't it. They've realised Tommy can only fight and make big money against YouTube stars, Big John is looking for a Tyson exhibition in Saudi. Tyson himself taking this stupid Ngannu fight.

They even moved into the drinks market around the same time as the Prime nonsense.

I think he will eventually get in with AJ myself, it will more than likely bring down the curtain on either man's career. 

On 24/07/2023 at 17:39, MUFC said:

Going Crawford, he's elite elite in my opinion and as Josh mentioned Spence is only a few years off that horrific accident so we don't know how much that's taken out of him really.