talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Boxing

football forum

19 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

4arChRJiQiamB500jn8W_out.JPG

Sit down you cunt. 

Bellew knocks Haye out of the ring in the 11th and the towel is thrown in. The Bomber has done it :D. I'm a teeny bit gutted that I missed watching it in the pub now as it's a great underdog story but I'll no doubt watch it tomorrow when someone's stuck it on the internet. 

Where does Haye go from here now? I saw on Sky Sports that Tony has promised him a re-match if he wants it but this could really be the end for him. He's fought two bums since his come-back and has been found out against the first real fighter he's faced, could this be the end (again) for David?

Mate, watch the fight first. He was catching Bellew with absolutely no leg to stand on for almost 6 rounds. He genuinely wasn't 'found out' at all. Bellew really doesn't come out looking good from this in my honest opinion. It's a shock, but the injury plays a massive part and overshadowed the bout.

Fair play to Bellew, nobody gave him a chance and for all the talk he's put Haye on the floor. This has to be Haye over now, I'm sure he can work himself a mandatory but how can anyone take him seriously as a heavyweight after this.

Not a Haye fan by any stretch but why do people keep saying Bellew put Haye on the floor like it was a knockout punch or something? That's not just aimed at you Dan but various posts online and media I've read. Haye simply couldn't get up in time and back through the ropes because of the injury, not because of the power of the punch. 

I'll say it again. Bellew struggled to put away a one legged fighter whilst continuing to take shots. Neither fighter gained from this event. And as for securing your families future whilst your wife is in Dubai on holiday? Fuckoff. Anyone would think the daft cunt was on the breadline.

You have to give Bellew credit for the first 5 rounds too. Pretty much everyone was saying it would be a one, two or at most three round demolition job for Haye.

As expected they were best mates at the end, amazing how many times buy that bullshit. 

Haye is surely finished now. Unless he's skint and he needs the rematch

47 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

You have to give Bellew credit for the first 5 rounds too. Pretty much everyone was saying it would be a one, two or at most three round demolition job for Haye.

Agreed and perhaps I've glossed over that. He took some powerful shots but kept on coming forward when he could.

Not sure if Haye's pride will allow him to go out like that if I'm honest. Can see a second one perhaps in 12 months if they're still interested.

The rules state you can continue if you can defend yourself, and Haye did that. However, the towel should have been thrown in way earlier in my opinion. Could have really got hurt if Bellew had of gone for the kill and he's only worsened that injury by carrying on for another 6 rounds.

Jesus wept, just seen Eddie Hearn talking about Wilder & Parker next for Bellew how embarrassing. I've rewatched the fight again just. Haye wins rnd 10 with a ruptured Achilles & Sky & Matchroom are going on like he's done better than rocky 4 it's cringy. Needs a rematch in fairness to Haye he won rnd 2,3,4,5 and in 6 bellew only got a knock down by bumping into him because Haye is hoping on one leg. 7,8,9 are Bellew but it's because Haye is literally standing on one leg swinging. 11 the ending if you watch it bellew misses every shot and belly flops Haye out the ring. Haye on one leg can hardly get up hilarious. 

Eddie Hearn's exact words "he (bellew) can't fight Joshua because he's got Klitscko, but he could fight Wilder or Parker for a title. He's just outboxed David Haye". He should lose his license if he puts bellew in with Joshua absolutely ridiculous. 

Happy Bellew won, I cannot stand David Haye.  

Strange how David Haye always gets these injuries in the big fights ;) Tony Bellew claiming now he broke his hand too.  

Cannot see a rematch if I'm honest, surely David Haye will hang up his gloves.  His comeback after his first retirement has been a bit of a joke, fighting nobodies on Dave and then losing his only big fight.  

Will be interesting to see where Bellew goes, whether he sticks at heavyweight or drops back down.  I'd like to see him against Wilder - have we seem Wilder beat anyone of any note to deserve his title?

The talk of him fighting Wilder is ridiculous. I don't particularly rate Wilder that highly but he's a huge heavyweight. Bellew didn't show he had the power to get Haye out of there after he'd done his leg in, he's not going to be able to keep Wilder off him.

Having said that, I don't see him dropping back down to CW. It's a talented division but I don't think there's the money fights there that there is at HW. 

• Upvote 1

See the size of him in a photo taken in a takeaway in Anglesey the other week? He's got a lot of work to do to be back in the ring in May!

I hope he is back in the ring soon though. There's some big fights out there if they can be made

On 05/03/2017 at 7:40 AM, DeadLinesman said:

Not a Haye fan by any stretch but why do people keep saying Bellew put Haye on the floor like it was a knockout punch or something? That's not just aimed at you Dan but various posts online and media I've read. Haye simply couldn't get up in time and back through the ropes because of the injury, not because of the power of the punch. 

I'll say it again. Bellew struggled to put away a one legged fighter whilst continuing to take shots. Neither fighter gained from this event. And as for securing your families future whilst your wife is in Dubai on holiday? Fuckoff. Anyone would think the daft cunt was on the breadline.

Completely agree with this. In victory Bellew must feel annoyed that he couldn't put Haye away given the injury. Talksport have really tried to drum up the 'family man' image that 'represents the people' to a point where you would think that before this fight he was on benefits struggling to pay off his heating bill. 

On 05/03/2017 at 8:28 AM, LFCMike said:

Yeah credit where it's due for that. At first I thought he was going to tire himself out but he managed to maintain that pace longer than I expected.

On 3/4/2017 at 11:24 PM, DeadLinesman said:

Achilles had gone mate. Embarrassing that Bellew hasn't stopped him tbh.

In interviews since the fight Bellew explains that when he knew Haye couldn't continue properly he asked Haye to concede, of which he declined. Bellew also asked his corner to stop the fight who also declined (until the 11th of course) Bellew said he didn't want to be an arse and pile into a boxer he respected when he was injured and couldn't properly defend himself. I'm not suggesting Bellew is the greatest boxer, just what has been said since.

5 hours ago, Cocaine said:

In interviews since the fight Bellew explains that when he knew Haye couldn't continue properly he asked Haye to concede, of which he declined. Bellew also asked his corner to stop the fight who also declined (until the 11th of course) Bellew said he didn't want to be an arse and pile into a boxer he respected when he was injured and couldn't properly defend himself. I'm not suggesting Bellew is the greatest boxer, just what has been said since.

Of course he'd say that though. This is a bloke who also told reporters he knew he'd win after the second round. He was down on every scorecard before that injury occurred. He simply couldn't put a one legged fighter past his prime away and has fallen back on exscuses and stories. Much easier to ask a bloke to concede than have to go toe to toe and look silly.

• This topic was pinned and unpinned
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned