talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Boxing

football forum

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Would GGG move up? All of his professional fights have been at 160. This would be a massive fight though, and one i would like Callum Smith to get. I would actually fancy Smith's chances if it was to happen. GGG is nearly past it and Smith has quite a few advantages over GGG. I would love to see this fight. 

GGG may be tempted by following Canelo to 166 and getting a title there, chasing the trilogy?

10 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Would GGG move up? All of his professional fights have been at 160. This would be a massive fight though, and one i would like Callum Smith to get. I would actually fancy Smith's chances if it was to happen. GGG is nearly past it and Smith has quite a few advantages over GGG. I would love to see this fight. 

GGG may be tempted by following Canelo to 166 and getting a title there, chasing the trilogy?

Yeah I'm not sure he steps up either. He doesn't struggle at the weight and Smith is a huge SMW.

What a fight this is:

Four-weight world champion Mikey Garcia will move up two weight divisions to take on IBF world welterweight champion Errol Spence Jr on 16 March.

Garcia, 30, still holds the WBC title in the 135lbs lightweight division and will move to 147lbs to face Spence Jr.

Spence Jr, 28, won his title from Britain's Kell Brook in May 2017.

Spence probably end up being too big for Garcia though

Edited by LFCMike

9 hours ago, quickeyg said:

Looking forward to Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury - December 1st. Probably be setting my alarm for about 2:50am.

I watched the BT Sport RoundTable Chat - it was EPIC.

Who you picking to win and how?

Welcome! The Fury of three years ago wins with ease. It's impossible to tell how much he's lost given his opponents since his comeback though. 

• Subscriber
On 17/11/2018 at 00:18, LFCMike said:

Welcome! The Fury of three years ago wins with ease. It's impossible to tell how much he's lost given his opponents since his comeback though. 

This. I also don't know who i'd rather win and who i dislike the least, Haha.

I would probably side with wanting Tyson to win as he's English. I just want the winner to fight AJ.

• Subscriber

Initially i was a bit meh, but i'm really looking forward to this now. Part of me wants a decisive Wilder win so it sets up AJ for the undisputed fight, but you just can't help but like Fury because of how fucked in the head he is. That and i'd love the Englishman to do one on the Yank.

1 hour ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Initially i was a bit meh, but i'm really looking forward to this now. Part of me wants a decisive Wilder win so it sets up AJ for the undisputed fight, but you just can't help but like Fury because of how fucked in the head he is. That and i'd love the Englishman to do one on the Yank.

I think Fury v Joshua would be a better, more even fight so I'd like to see Fury win this.

• Subscriber
29 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I think Fury v Joshua would be a better, more even fight so I'd like to see Fury win this.

I’d like to see that more, also. However if Fury wins he will have a rematch with Wilder so AJ will be waiting even longer. Don’t think there’s a rematch clause for a Wilder win. 

Fury has simply had too long out and no real test, he can come again if he loses.

1 minute ago, JOSHBRFC said:

So who's planning on staying up for it? 

Fight be around 5am? Think I'll fuck it off, quite fancy having a bit of a day session in the pub watching Arsenal v Spurs and Liverpool V Everton and i'd be fucked if stayed up for this.

Edited by The Artful Dodger

• Subscriber
Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

Fight be around 5am? Think I'll fuck it off, quite fancy having a bit of a day session in the pub watching Spurs V Arsenal and Everton v Liverpool and i'd be fucked if stayed up for this.

Ayeeee. 

I'm on nights next week from Sunday night so it suits me to stay up late Saturday to get into nights mode. Looking forward to watching it. 

49 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

The alarm clock (also known as my daughter) has got me up 5am most mornings so this works well for me.

To be fair I get up early anyway myself, about 5:30, so it's not really anything new. Staying up to watch it is the difficult one these days, unless you have an eighth of charlie or something.

• Haha 1