talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Boxing

football forum

• Subscriber
22 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don’t understand why Mayweather even bothered to fight that Japanese kickboxer. I mean I guess he’s well paid for about 2 minutes worth of work - but did anyone think the kickboxer would win? Sort of a joke, even compared to the McGregor fight

14 hours ago, Danny said:

Didn't even know the fight was still happening. Not a proper contest but it's just the money that matters to Mayweather.

It’s simply just about promotion for the kickboxing company. Get Mayweather in for an exhibition and get their brand out there. 

DeGale vs Eubank Jr officially announced....won’t be paying for that one. Could see Eubank winning just because DeGale has been through the wars now, and will probably propel him up to bigger fights because it’ll probably do well on PPV.

6 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

DeGale Eubank is a Joke of a PPV. xD 

With Pacman and Broner on ITV4 apparently, Al Haymon moving into the UK market. BT starting to look up more as well, good competition even if some non-PPV fights are on.

I hope DeGale is telling the truth isn’t close to retirement as I’d love to see some more decent clashes from him.

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Under normal circumstances this is a very good fight for Khan, fighting for a belt in Vegas or New York, but he's such a shit it's obvious he's ducking Brook and would much rather get spannered by Crawford.

So annoying that fight won't be happening. Khan is the one who's been ducking for so long. Nob.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, LFCMike said:

I don't get this talk of him ducking Brook given he's fighting for a belt against Crawford but there you go..

He’s so scared of losing to Brook. He has absolutely nothing to lose against Crawford who’s one of the P4P best and everything to gain. The Brook fight is a much bigger risk. If he retires having lost to Crawford nobody will think much of it. If he loses to Brook he will absolutely hate it with a passion. This is just one of the reasons why the he’s a cunt and denied us the fight for so many years. 

I don’t even give a fuck if Khan wins and shocks us all, I don’t give a shit about the fight. The fight I and millions of other British fight fans have wanted for years is the Kel Brook fight. He’d rather get knocked out off Crawford rather than risk losing against Brook. 

Edited by JOSHBRFC

24 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

He’s so scared of losing to Brook. He has absolutely nothing to lose against Crawford who’s one of the P4P best and everything to gain. The Brook fight is a much bigger risk. If he retires having lost to Crawford nobody will think much of it. If he loses to Brook he will absolutely hate it with a passion. This is just one of the reasons why the he’s a cunt and denied us the fight for so many years. 

I don’t even give a fuck if Khan wins and shocks us all, I don’t give a shit about the fight. The fight I and millions of other British fight fans have wanted for years is the Kel Brook fight. He’d rather get knocked out off Crawford rather than risk losing against Brook. 

I can see why people say it, I just don't agree with it. Pretty much since he won a world title Khan has been about chasing the big fights in the US. Brook needs Khan more than the other way around. Khan's not going to turn big fights down over in the US when he knows the Brook fight is always there to fall back on if it goes wrong over there

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

I can see why people say it, I just don't agree with it. Pretty much since he won a world title Khan has been about chasing the big fights in the US. Brook needs Khan more than the other way around. Khan's not going to turn big fights down over in the US when he knows the Brook fight is always there to fall back on if it goes wrong over there

Okay Babi. We both know popadom chin is too scared of losing to Brook. 

I agree the fight will always be there but it’s just losing interest year by year. It would have been huuuuuuuuuge a few years ago. 

14 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Okay Babi. We both know popadom chin is too scared of losing to Brook. 

I agree the fight will always be there but it’s just losing interest year by year. It would have been huuuuuuuuuge a few years ago. 

I really don't think he is though. I'm sure the money he'd make from the fight would be a nice little cushion. Brook is desperate for the fight because it's the only big pay day out there for him. Khan has different options because he's a name outside of the UK

You can't blame someone for wanting to fight the best.

You cant say khan is scared of Brook when he's fought Canelo and now Crawford instead of taking the brook fight for more money, I dont think he is scared I reckon its just about his ego he doesn't want to give Brook satisfaction of fighting him because he believes he's above him whether thats right or wrong. 

Also Khan is all about legacy and wants the biggest names on his resume when he retires, If you think about it what will beating Kel brooke actually do for his career? He's not gonna get bgger in America and worldwide like he wants by beating brook but going after the likes of Crawford instead.

Edited by UNORTHODOX
  • Upvote 1

Brook's retired the last two big fights he's had because of his eye sockets...I get the hatred between them and maybe they're both afraid of losing to each other (maybe one more than the other), but Crawford is a bigger opportunity. The chance to become world champion again and beat one of the very best, if he wins there'll be a lot less people taking the piss out of him.

Khan v Brook is a big fight in terms of money, they'll both make a lot and probably sell out a stadium if it's available. But you can't knock him for going after a better fighter than Brook for a world title....crazy.

• Subscriber
21 hours ago, LFCMike said:

I really don't think he is though. I'm sure the money he'd make from the fight would be a nice little cushion. Brook is desperate for the fight because it's the only big pay day out there for him. Khan has different options because he's a name outside of the UK

You can't blame someone for wanting to fight the best.

Had too much to drink Saturday night. As if i used the word babi xD

18 hours ago, UNORTHODOX said:

You cant say khan is scared of Brook when he's fought Canelo and now Crawford instead of taking the brook fight for more money, I dont think he is scared I reckon its just about his ego he doesn't want to give Brook satisfaction of fighting him because he believes he's above him whether thats right or wrong. 

Also Khan is all about legacy and wants the biggest names on his resume when he retires, If you think about it what will beating Kel brooke actually do for his career? He's not gonna get bgger in America and worldwide like he wants by beating brook but going after the likes of Crawford instead.

I don't think Khan is scared of Brook but he's scared of losing to Brook. If that makes sense? More so than he is of losing to Crawford. Amir Khan beating Kel Brook would be amazing for his legacy in Britain. It would be for either fighter. 

Edited by JOSHBRFC
  • Upvote 1