Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
DeadLinesman

Boxing

448373652_download(1).thumb.png.0441a1a109f6c8276117ff3ebe5645a4.png

Jarrell Miller fails SECOND drugs test after testing positive for human growth hormone to kill off any hopes of Anthony Joshua fight in June... as Eddie Hearn reveals new opponent will be announced next week

Jarrell Miller's slender chance of fighting Anthony Joshua has disappeared after he failed a second drugs test for a different substance. 

Just days after the heavyweight was denied a licence because GW1516 was found in his system, he has tested positive for human growth hormone. 

The American had vowed to clear his name after the first failure and was due to have his B sample tested. But this second positive will kill off any remaining prospect of Miller facing Joshua in New York on June 1. 

Joshua's promoter Eddie Hearn told Sportsmail: 'I can confirm we have been notified of another failed test. I am disgusted.

'You want to give someone the benefit of the doubt and that was very hard after the first one. To have a second one is disgusting. The sport can have no room for this. 

'In a way I am happy - it shows the VADA testing works and we have kept him out of the ring. 

'AJ will face any clean fighter and beat him.'

The search for Joshua's next opponent has been given a deadline of next week as the clock ticks down on his American debut.

12486212-6940783-image-a-33_155569661176

Hearn wants to announce Miller's replacement as early as Tuesday, with the June 1 fight date only six weeks away. He confirmed on Friday that Joshua's new opponent will be 'announced next week'. 

Sportsmail revealed on Wednesday that their shortlist is made up of Adam Kownacki, Luis Ortiz, Kubrat Pulev, Michael Hunter and Manuel Charr, with the addition in the past 24 hours of unbeaten Colombian Oscar Rivas, who is ranked with all four of the major sanctioning bodies.  

Ortiz and Kownacki have publicly distanced themselves from stepping in, though those comments could reasonably be dismissed as a negotiating tactic in light of the huge purse available, with Miller having been in line to pocket up to £4.5m. 

Ortiz remains the favoured option as a legitimate contender, with the secondary priority to secure an American or a fighter with profile in the US, which would favour Poland-born New Yorker Kownacki and Hunter, an American.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-6940783/Miller-fails-second-drugs-test-testing-positive-human-growth-hormone-ahead-Joshua-fight.html

Has Miller now failed 2 tests?

7 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Has Miller now failed 2 tests?

?

45 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

Jarrell Miller fails SECOND drugs test

O.o

11 hours ago, CaaC - John said:

?

O.o

I'm a grade A fucking prick of the highest order.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, MUFC said:

I'm a grade A fucking prick of the highest order.

Too much looking at these...xD

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cbace327748445236

Crawford v Khan tonight. Think Khan does well for a few rounds but he'll get caught flush at some point and it'll all be over. Think it'll be entertaining while it lasts

He's now done a video 'coming clean' and admitting he did.

7 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Crawford v Khan tonight. Think Khan does well for a few rounds but he'll get caught flush at some point and it'll all be over. Think it'll be entertaining while it lasts

You summed Khan up perfectly.

Posted (edited)

Great from Allen there. Would like to see him do well

He was struggling there but pulled that out

Crawford fought a great fight but gets the TKO win with an accidental low blow on Khan... boxing really has some dumb rules. Crawford looked like he was going to win anyway but I guess this gives Khan a way to save face and say he wasn't really beaten.

Chicken legs Khan vs Chocolate brownie doesn't interest me anymore, fight will be 3 years to late. 

Remember when he ripped Brook for being a quitter against Spence, saying he'd never go out of a fight like that? This was definitely much worse. He looks a bit of a prat now.

Didn't bother getting up for the Khan fight, woke up to my alarm but turned it off and went back to sleep. Seen the highlights this morning, bit of a joke really

Crawford tried to punched his dick off

Canelo v Jacobs tonight. Would love to see Jacobs win. I think it'll be close but we all know what happens when it's close with Canelo

So bored of Canelo. Would love Jacobs to win!

I've had a go on a draw (20/1) and Canelo Majority Decision (12/1)

I haven’t kept up with boxing in a while. So about actual serious boxing, I can’t really say a whole lot that’s recent or relevant today.

But today I got an email from my dad saying he’d found something on YouTube that I need to see. And I don’t know how the fuck he found it, but it’s fantastic.

I suggest checking out Barstool Sports’ Rough n Rowdy boxing. It’s 3 rounds, 1 minute each, with amateur boxers. Some of them are hilariously bad. It’s also got really funny commentary. Some of the boxers are reoccurring characters like in pro-wrestling. It’s pretty great.

I don’t know how the fuck my dad’s found it. Like I question whatever the fuck he was watching that suggested he watch this. But I am so glad he did

Just seen that Harold Lederman has passed away. RIP

Bert Cooper R.I.P

My Boy Wilder did it again. What a fucking KO,..Joshua better think twice about fighting the beast Wilder 

Joshua v Wilder is clearly just going to be a case of who lands a big one first. That might be a bit over simplified but I think it's true. Joshua is clearly a better boxer and I see more chance of him setting up an opening to land a big shot but if he makes any mistakes and Wilder lands first then he's not getting up.

In a perfect world they fight next and Fury gets the winner. Won't pan out like that though