talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Boxing

football forum

• Subscriber

I’m not sure if he should get straight back in with Ruiz. He should have beaten him handily but actually looked quite clueless and like a total novice in there after he was knocked down.

Only he will know if there was a reason why he was so out of sorts or if he has simply been overhyped and exposed.

From a boxing point of view it probably hasn’t done any harm at all in terms of overall exposure. It makes a great story and has been front page news. If AJ can come back from this he’ll probably end up making even more money than he would have if he had finished Ruiz off last night.

I agree that AJ’s aura of invincibility has gone forever and maybe ultimately that might make the mega fights that bit easier to make. It should hopefully stop Eddie Hearn overvaluing AJs worth in negotiations.

Also wanted to give Ruiz a shout. He took some big shots from AJ last night but aside from the knockdown he walked through everything that came his way. Respect to the Butterbean mini me.

• Subscriber

It's wake up time now for Josh now he has been beaten, great heavyweights of the past like Joe Louis, Ali, Lennox Lewis were beaten and lost their title(s) but they always came back as a winner and won their title(s) back, I am not saying that Josh is in the same category of the ones I mentioned because in their days there were a lot of good heavyweights around but nowadays there are not.

There is only 1 heavyweight who was never beaten and that was the late, great, Rocky Marciano, 49 professional fights and 49 wins and he retired truly undefeated, he only lost one fight in his career and that was when he was an amateur so Josh can do it but if he was fighting in an era where you had the likes of the 3 above I mentioned plus the likes of Larry Holmes, 'Smoking' Joe Frazier, George Foreman, a young Mike Tyson, Henry Cooper etc he would have had to be something special in beating them.

Anyone of the names I mentioned above would have beaten any heavyweight around nowadays, heavyweight boxing has never been the same since Lennox Lewis retired I am afraid to say, boxers of the past would have 15 brutal rounds to try and come out on top, nowadays it is 12 rounds only.

• Upvote 1

Never understood the Joshua hate, especially from fellow Englishmen. None of us know the bloke truly do we?

I've always thought he's been quite humble. It's not like he takes part in all those theatrics before the fight like many others.

He stays cool, believe's in his ability, has the fight and shows his opponent respect where deserved. It's easy to confuse confidence with arrogance.

There's no doubt he underestimated his opponent, as did pretty much most the general public pre fight, let's be honest. No one was talking up Ruiz and he shocked us all. Fair play to the bloke.

Let's see what AJ is made of now. Forget Wilder for now, let him make all the noise he wants.

AJ's got a must win fight to keep the undisputed dream alive. You learn a lot more about yourself in defeat than you do victory and all the greats have tasted defeat and come back stronger.

Joshua seems a decent bloke to me, hope he comes back but I'm not sure he will, or not for long. One thing I'd say that differs between him and Fury is that I'm sure Fury loves the sport of boxing, he has an extensive knowledge of boxing history and most current fighters, in fact he actually said Ruiz is a good fighter a while ago. It might not make much difference in terms of fighting but I think the enthusiasm Fury has is a big help, especially at it usually means he understands his opponents better.

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
21 hours ago, Lucas said:

Never understood the Joshua hate, especially from fellow Englishmen. None of us know the bloke truly do we?

I've always thought he's been quite humble. It's not like he takes part in all those theatrics before the fight like many others.

He stays cool, believe's in his ability, has the fight and shows his opponent respect where deserved. It's easy to confuse confidence with arrogance.

There's no doubt he underestimated his opponent, as did pretty much most the general public pre fight, let's be honest. No one was talking up Ruiz and he shocked us all. Fair play to the bloke.

Let's see what AJ is made of now. Forget Wilder for now, let him make all the noise he wants.

AJ's got a must win fight to keep the undisputed dream alive. You learn a lot more about yourself in defeat than you do victory and all the greats have tasted defeat and come back stronger.

I really don't get it. I've got stick on social media off lads i know that love Wilder and Fury over AJ.

They love Fury because they can relate to him because he's a chav like them and a fucking cokehead. 9_9  I actually don't mine him though tbf and what he's come back from, it's a great story.

And Wilder , i really can't stand the cunt. He's fought 2 decent fighters in all his career. More than double the fights that AJ has had and AJ has a better resume. The main reason the Wilder AJ fight hasn't happened is because Shelly Finkel is an absolute saggy bellend.

Also with Wilder - how can anyone love a man that said he wants to KILL an opponent in the ring?

Despite not looking right I'm glad AJ didn't come with excuses and gave credit where it's due to Ruiz. No big toe hurt or anything like that. He will come back from this but the immediate rematch will be tough after what's just happened. However he has to take it, the fight will be massive and he wants those belts back. I do think though that one of those belts will be stripped from Ruiz if the rematch happens because of mandatory's , Pulev in particular is due his mandatory with one.. ibf i think... could be wrong. Before the 7th round AJ was asking Rob why he feels like he does.. it was weird. And then him being swolen the day before the fight. 

Edited by JOSHBRFC

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

I really don't get it. I've got stick on social media off lads i know that love Wilder and Fury over AJ.

They love Fury because they can relate to him because he's a chav like them and a fucking cokehead. 9_9  I actually don't mine him though tbf and what he's come back from, it's a great story.

And Wilder , i really can't stand the cunt. He's fought 2 decent fighters in all his career. More than double the fights that AJ has had and AJ has a better resume. The main reason the Wilder AJ fight hasn't happened is because Shelly Finkel is an absolute saggy bellend.

Also with Wilder - how can anyone love a man that said he wants to KILL an opponent in the ring?

Despite not looking right I'm glad AJ didn't come with excuses and gave credit where it's due to Ruiz. No big toe hurt or anything like that. He will come back from this but the immediate rematch will be tough after what's just happened. However he has to take it, the fight will be massive and he wants those belts back. I do think though that one of those belts will be stripped from Ruiz if the rematch happens because of mandatory's , Pulev in particular is due his mandatory with one.. ibf i think... could be wrong. Before the 7th round AJ was asking Rob why he feels like he does.. it was weird. And then him being swolen the day before the fight. 

You never know what a boxer is really like in real life. Fury comes across as a cock but gave his money from the Wilder fight to some mental health organisation.

Edited by MUFC

• Subscriber
On 04/06/2019 at 11:47, MUFC said:

You never know what a boxer is really like in real life. Fury comes across as a cock but gave his money from the Wilder fight to some mental health organisation.

Did he fuck xD

• Subscriber

Fury did look good, but his opponent was hand picked for a reason. Lets hope Fury fights someone decent now. Him and Wilder have both only fought 2 good heavyweights in their career  - each other and then Ortiz/Klitchsko.

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/06/2019 at 14:09, The Rebel CRS said:

Then my man Fury will beat Wilder(as he did the first time but was robbed) and it'll all be remembered as his era.

Fury is by far the best heavyweight in the world. He's class

• 3 weeks later...