talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Boxing

football forum

10 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Was there ever any doubting that he would beat Dave Allen? Dave Allen is a great character and i like his story but he isn't on Price's level. 

I didn't think so but Price was underdog with the bookies and plenty of people thought Allen would just wear him down. 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, MUFC said:

Danika McGuigan: Actress and daughter of ex-boxer dies aged 33

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-49095513

That's sad. Her Brother Shane is a decent trainer. He's trained people from Frampton, to Haye. Groves...now preparing Luke Campbell for the P4P Number 1 in Lomachenko. Sad time for their family. 

• Subscriber

_108031999_dw.jpg

illian Whyte is the WBC's number one ranked heavyweight

British heavyweight Dillian Whyte tested positive for a banned substance before his victory against Oscar Rivas on Saturday.

If the result is confirmed, 31-year-old Whyte could face an eight-year ban, because it would be his second offence.

He served a two-year ban from 2012 to 2014 for unknowingly taking an illegal supplement.

Whyte survived a ninth-round knockdown to beat Colombian Rivas on points at London's O2 Arena.

He is the mandatory challenger to WBC world heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder.

The WBC said it has has not received any notification about a positive anti-doping test, adding that it is "reviewing the situation". The governing body said it has requested that the British Boxing Board of Control (BBBofC) provides any available information it has.

UK Anti-Doping (Ukad) told the BBC it would be making no comment. It is not known what the banned substance is.

Representatives for Whyte have declined to comment. He can ask for a 'B sample' to be analysed - but if that also tests positive he will have to request a hearing to appeal.

Whyte's promoter Eddie Hearn has posted on social media: "Further to reports, I can confirm that both Dillian Whyte and Oscar Rivas were subject to extensive Voluntary Anti-Doping Association (Vada) and Ukad testing for their bout. Both fighters were cleared to fight by both bodies and the BBBofC."

Rivas' promoter Yvon Michel reacted to the news - which was first reported by website Boxing Scene - by tweeting his "great stupefaction".

In a statement to the BBC on Thursday, he said: "We have learned this information like everybody else on Boxingscene.com yesterday evening. I have not heard from any concerned parties yet to get confirmation or counter.

"I will wait to know more before any more comments. Nobody from our team was aware of the situation before the fight or after the fight up to this moment."

It is not yet known what impact this could have on Whyte's hopes of fighting American Wilder.

In 2012, Whyte's appeal against a ban was rejected, although a tribunal accepted his claim he did not knowingly take the banned substance.

• Subscriber

I'm in shock. What an absolute fucking idiot if this is true. FINALLY gets his shot at Wilder and this happens. His career is over if it's true and i hope it is. He should be fined his purse for the Rivas bout and more.

Can't believe it.

• Upvote 1

The worst thing about this Dillian Whyte situation now is not only will Wilder continue to duck Anthony Joshua but now he has the perfect excuse to duck Whyte again.

To be honest im not really bothered that the fight went ahead when they knew he had failed the test 3 days prior because i had been looking forward to that fight for weeks but the fact that Oscar Rivas and his team were not informed about the failed test is disgraceful.

Edited by UNORTHODOX

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sounds like Errol Spence is in a bad way

World champion boxer Errol Spence Jr is in critical condition after being pulled from his Ferrari after a high-speed car crash. 

The welterweight king is said to have not worn a seatbelt but emerged from his vehicle despite it being “flipped multiple times” in the Dallas area.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/general/boxing/errol-spence-car-crash-ferrari-dallas-police-world-champion-a9150441.html

My boy Andy will once again do Anthony a favor and KO him so he doesnt have to face the hometown legend Wilder. Although I wouldn't mind seeing Anthony get what he deserves, a near death beatdown by wilder, who wont have any mercy. Always knew that pussy Anthony was all talk but I dont think even Anthony wants to find out the damage that straight right hand and left hook really does... fury had the balls to get back up but Anthony wont xD 

On 21/06/2019 at 08:09, Carnivore Chris said:

Then my man Fury will beat Wilder(as he did the first time but was robbed) and it'll all be remembered as his era.

On 29/06/2019 at 12:23, LFCMike said:

Fury is by far the best heavyweight in the world. He's class

I know its hard for you two to admit you were wrong but I've seen a lot of boxing, old and new and Wilder is the closest thing to Ali along with mike Tyson. Fury and Joshua are not even close to being in the same category. 

1 hour ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

I know its hard for you two to admit you were wrong but I've seen a lot of boxing, old and new and Wilder is the closest thing to Ali along with mike Tyson. Fury and Joshua are not even close to being in the same category. 

Pretty much everyone who watched Wilder-Fury had Fury winning you clown

13 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

The heavyweight division is terrible these days to be honest and I wouldn't rank anyone currently as being up there with the likes of Joe Louis, Ali and Tyson. But what I would say is that both Fury and Wilder atleast give it some spark. For the record though, Fury should have won that fight and it's not all about knockdowns.

I've never been bought on Joshua. Very overrated.

The best British boxer from my time was probably Lennox Lewis, although the most exciting was easily Prince Naseem Hamed. The only downside to him is that once he lost his first fight(to Barrera) he just disappeared from the scene and never fought again. This isn't an attitude to have as all great fighters lose and he could have continued a legacy rather than gone out in that manner.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

The heavyweight division is terrible these days to be honest and I wouldn't rank anyone currently as being up there with the likes of Joe Louis, Ali and Tyson. But what I would say is that both Fury and Wilder atleast give it some spark. For the record though, Fury should have won that fight and it's not all about knockdowns.

I've never been bought on Joshua. Very overrated.

The best British boxer from my time was probably Lennox Lewis, although the most exciting was easily Prince Naseem Hamed. The only downside to him is that once he lost his first fight(to Barrera) he just disappeared from the scene and never fought again. This isn't an attitude to have as all great fighters lose and he could have continued a legacy rather than gone out in that manner.

Stop living in the past you cunt.

P.S Hi mate :x

Edited by JOSHBRFC

• Subscriber

It's laughable just how quick people are to jump on AJ. I really don't get it, he has changed British Boxing and helped bring it out to the general public again. He got hit with a deadly shot... these things happen. All the Heavyweight GOAT's have lost. (I'm not saying he's anywhere near that category - just that it's possible for those to lose).

Let's look at the top fighters each of the main 3 have fought.

Fury

2? Wilder and Klitchsko 

Wilder

2? Fury and Ortiz

Joshua

5? Klitchsko, Parker, Povetkin, Ruiz, Whyte

Clueless some people xD.  Wilder's resume is embarrassing to say how many fights he's had. And for the record - he lost to Fury. Everyone knows it.

Edited by JOSHBRFC