talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Boxing

football forum

Fair play to Errol Spence Jr, proved he was the better fighter but Kel Brook fought well, not that that means much from me considering he's just fought potentially one of the best welterweights going xD

Think the only issue with Broom is another loss and he's probably loss some revenue off of the Amir Khan fight.

• Subscriber
21 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I'm with Bellew to a degree why take the knee, he still had a punchers chance 

And risk going blind? After what Golovkin did to him? He couldn't see? 

Absolutely amazing night, I'll be going to more boxing events like that. Atmosphere was amazing. 

11 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

And risk going blind? After what Golovkin did to him? He couldn't see? 

Absolutely amazing night, I'll be going to more boxing events like that. Atmosphere was amazing. 

Yeah In fairness it didn't look as bad his eye looked open and I didn't doubt he had hurt it but i thought he'd took an easy route out. It's since been revealed he's broken the eye socket same as against GGG but opposite eye so I have no problem with Kell taking a knee.

Long term that may be it for him, both those eyes are suspect now

It's a difficult one for Brook. It would be difficult for him to win a title if he moves up I think. I agree that the Khan fight doesn't have as much pull as it would have before Brook's two defeats. It depends how both of them come back from their defeats I suppose. Certainly not doing Wembley at the moment though like you say

• Subscriber
15 hours ago, HK85 said:

You'll have plenty of chances to go to more events like that. Hearn will be lashing out average cards any football ground he can soon enough after the success of the last two. 

I only watched the last 2 fights, was worth it just for those 2

its cool to hate him it seems. Him and Sky have made British boxing great again. 

14 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

I only watched the last 2 fights, was worth it just for those 2

its cool to hate him it seems. Him and Sky have made British boxing great again. 

No one has mentioned hate. I have no problem with him making the money he does but the regularity of Matchroom events inevitably mean cards are watered down. Space them out a bit and they'd be very good and you'd have probably watched more than the 2 you did on the night. 

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, HK85 said:

No one has mentioned hate. I have no problem with him making the money he does but the regularity of Matchroom events inevitably mean cards are watered down. Space them out a bit and they'd be very good and you'd have probably watched more than the 2 you did on the night. 

I did see the others and checked the results etc but I mean I made sure I was in my seat for the last 2. The others I knew were mainly just new pro's gaining experience. 

There is a lot of events yes, but you can't stick all the PPV potential headliners on the same card. Eddie and Matchroom are doing an amazing job in my opinion. It's a good problem for him to have..

6 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

I did see the others and checked the results etc but I mean I made sure I was in my seat for the last 2. The others I knew were mainly just new pro's gaining experience. 

There is a lot of events yes, but you can't stick all the PPV potential headliners on the same card. Eddie and Matchroom are doing an amazing job in my opinion. It's a good problem for him to have..

No doubt it's a good problem, he's making a fucking fortune from it and most shows sell well because he's a good promoter of average cards. 

That last Birmingham one was shite. Yafai's, Egginton and Frankie Gavin xD It takes a proper boxing purist to get excited for that. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, HK85 said:

No doubt it's a good problem, he's making a fucking fortune from it and most shows sell well because he's a good promoter of average cards. 

That last Birmingham one was shite. Yafai's, Egginton and Frankie Gavin xD It takes a proper boxing purist to get excited for that. 

Boxing fans from Birmingham will have no doubt been excited. 

Edited by JOSHBRFC

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I missed it last night. Just read about the fuck up with the scorecards though xD

Couldn't believe it when it was read out. Don't buy that he put the scores in the wrong box either. 

• The topic was pinned
On 29/05/2017 at 7:05 PM, HK85 said:

I like Eggington & Yafai, both good lads progressing nicely. Yafai's younger brothers are going to be in the world championships picture down the line. Frankie is a cunt, falling behind because he spends far to much time partying. They get decent enough crowds at the NIA and they're growing their reputations all the time. 

On 29/05/2017 at 7:08 PM, JOSHBRFC said:

Boxing fans from Birmingham will have no doubt been excited. 

Boxing is doing well in the city at the minute there's lots of gyms open and packed out. Mma also does well here, there's easily 30+ white collar / mma events per weekend across the city now. 

The last punch before Weeks stepped in was a definite low blow but it seemed to me like Kovalev wanted out anyway. Bad stoppage but I think Ward was settling right in and would have stopped him anyway. 

The lack of protest from Kovalev said it all, he had nothing left. He half heartedly complained in the post fight interview but his reaction told everything.

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was pinned