talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Boxing

football forum

2 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

xD

You not a fan? Either the Stevenson fight or a move up to Cruserweight. 

His trainer was talking about AJ which is quite funny. 

I can appreciate some aspects of his style but he's so dirty it's unreal.

I don't see Stevenson fighting him. Either way, any fights at LHW or CW wouldn't get me interested in a Ward fight any time soon.

• The topic was unpinned
  • 2 weeks later...

I still lean towards Golovkin but with a little less confidence than i would have done about a year ago.

I've just realised I'm away for Golovkin v Canelo. Not sure what the chances of me being able to watch it will be.

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, LFCMike said:

I still lean towards Golovkin but with a little less confidence than i would have done about a year ago.

I've just realised I'm away for Golovkin v Canelo. Not sure what the chances of me being able to watch it will be.

You and everyone else after the Jacobs fight. That's probably why De La Hoya and team Canelo decided to stop ducking GGG xD

i really hope Golovkin wins. 

12 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

You and everyone else after the Jacobs fight. That's probably why De La Hoya and team Canelo decided to stop ducking GGG xD

i really hope Golovkin wins. 

Yeah I hope he wins too. Can see the arguments for GGG being on the slide slightly but the Jacobs fight was completely different to this. Jacobs was the bigger man and a little more elusive than Canelo will be. Golovkin won't have to go looking for him.

1 hour ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Pacquiao definitely won that much, those refs should be ashamed of giving it to Horn, O.o horn landed less punches than Manny vs Floyd. 

I agree. Our media think it's a great decision though. And horn was paying big dollars on the market. Suspicious.

Anyone seen the Super Series tournament? 8 taking part at both Cruiserweight and Super Middle. The Cruiserweight tournament looks good. All four belt holders at that weight are in it plus another four. So hopefully a unified champion at the end of it. 

Super Middle not so much. Potential for a couple of good fights for us Brits though. Eubank Jr will join if he beats Abraham next week. Callum Smith and George Groves in too as well as Jamie Cox. Two of Groves, Smith and Eubank going head to head would be good

• Subscriber

It's looking really good. Callum Smith is my favourite Super Middleweight and I think he's the best.  Rated him for so long, he had the Dirrel fight agreed then they've started trying to fuck around and change venues??!

I like Smith but he's still got plenty to prove when he moves up to world level. There's a number of SWM ahead of him in that regard.

It's a shame they couldn't get DeGale, Ramirez and Jack for this tournament.

Josh Taylor v Ohara Davies tonight. I'll miss it but will catch up in the morning. Good fight that. Think Taylor wins

Edited by LFCMike

Eubank Jnr, as expected, comfortably beat an over the hill Abraham. He goes into the Super Series next which will answer plenty more questions than last night was ever going to.

Selby defended his title, in a bit of a borefest. Hopefully the Frampton fight isn't too far away.

Missed the Davies Jnr fight but gutted about the 12th round stoppage.

7 hours ago, Lucas said:

Bit surprised to see Carl Frampton's fight has ended up on Channel 5, what went wrong for him there?

I thought they only screened bums.

Not really. They showed Murray v Golovkin a couple of years back. Fury and Eubank both started on Channel 5. The more boxing on terrestrial TV the better in my opinion.

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, Lucas said:

Bit surprised to see Carl Frampton's fight has ended up on Channel 5, what went wrong for him there?

I thought they only screened bums.

He fights with Cyclone and the Mcguigan's, who more often than use Channel 5. 

Frampton fight tonight is off. Firstly, Frampton failed to make the weight (fight was still on at this point). Now Gutierrez has apparently slipped in the shower and sliced his chin open and damaged his teeth.

Ah well, still Garcia v Broner to look forward to

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned