talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Boxing

football forum

55 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

The Kinahan Cartel are very powerful. You ever heard of them @Carnivore Chris ? Watch the recent Panorama episode mate, up your street. 

It’s mainly the rise of MTK(formerly) MGM that was founded alongside Matthew Macklin that has enabled Kinahan to rise in boxing. Billy Joe has publicly defended him.  And he was a massive part of Tyson Fury returning. 

Crazy stuff.

Any surprise that piece of shit BJS defended him? Horrible bastard. His latest with McGuigan only shows what a fucking utter cunt the bloke is. Honestly, the world would be a better place if he just shifted off the mortal coil tomorrow. 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Any surprise that piece of shit BJS defended him? Horrible bastard. His latest with McGuigan only shows what a fucking utter cunt the bloke is. Honestly, the world would be a better place if he just shifted off the mortal coil tomorrow. 

Who BJS? No not really as he’s not PR trained. Well he is but he’s just not intelligent enough to put the practice into place. There are plenty of people who are defending him, just not as publicly and openly as Billy has. He did the right thing though by saying that’s the last we will hear from him on the matter and then gave his lawyers info. 

It’s only a matter of time before Daniel is behind bars, surely.

15 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Who BJS? No not really as he’s not PR trained. Well he is but he’s just not intelligent enough to put the practice into place. There are plenty of people who are defending him, just not as publicly and openly as Billy has. He did the right thing though by saying that’s the last we will hear from him on the matter and then gave his lawyers info. 

It’s only a matter of time before Daniel is behind bars, surely.

Didn’t he tweet defending him again immediately afterwards saying he wouldn’t? The blokes an utter helmet. He’s coming off social media as well.......

And those defending him are simply lackies doing it out of fear of reprisal. They’ve been told to go out and defend Kinahan. Laughable really.

8 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

The Kinahan Cartel are very powerful. You ever heard of them @Carnivore Chris ? Watch the recent Panorama episode mate, up your street. 

It’s mainly the rise of MTK(formerly) MGM that was founded alongside Matthew Macklin that has enabled Kinahan to rise in boxing. Billy Joe has publicly defended him.  And he was a massive part of Tyson Fury returning. 

Crazy stuff.

Yeah mate, they are quite notorious those boys. Well connected world wide.

I was reading about their connections to the the FARC in Colombia not so long back actually.

I was actually going to ask you if you've seen the "Narcos UK" episodes on Channel 5? I've only seen 2 so far but pretty interesting. They always seem to document the more "celebrity gangster" types though.

• Subscriber
On 06/02/2021 at 16:23, Carnivore Chris said:

Yeah mate, they are quite notorious those boys. Well connected world wide.

I was reading about their connections to the the FARC in Colombia not so long back actually.

I was actually going to ask you if you've seen the "Narcos UK" episodes on Channel 5? I've only seen 2 so far but pretty interesting. They always seem to document the more "celebrity gangster" types though.

No I’ll check it out mate.

I miss this! Best sport in the world.

Edited by JoshBRFC

Looking forward to catching Josh Warrington tomorrow, especially as there's no bullshit PPV, on one of the normal Sky Sports channels.

He looks in great shape in all.

Just a shame there is no crowd because the atmosphere for his fights are mental.

Edited by Lucas

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Lucas said:

Looking forward to catching Josh Warrington tomorrow, especially as there's no bullshit PPV, on one of the normal Sky Sports channels.

He looks in great shape in all.

Just a shame there is no crowd because the atmosphere for his fights are mental.

Interesting to see how he performs without the crowd. This fight is a springboard for massive massive fights down the line for him. 

Ive doubted Josh before more than once and he’s proved me wrong, like a lot of people i suspect. His work ethic is slmetng to be admired.

Should be a decent night! The start of a very good schedule of shows for Matchroom. 

Edited by JoshBRFC

• Subscriber

Kiko Martinez has rolled back the years and is beating Barrett here. Zelfa needs the knockout here for me as surely if it goes to scorecards it’s Kiko who will get the win. Even if Zelfa wins the next 3 rounds. 

Edited by JoshBRFC

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I missed the first few rounds. Warrington got beat up pretty badly there though. Looked like it could have been stopped after the first knock down

Yeah it should have been. Credit to Lara but wow.... boxing is crazy :x .

Gutted for Josh, he didn’t look right and then looked concussed after the 4th. Amazing heart to keep going so long. What a man. 

Decent night of boxing. 

I don’t like or dislike Warrington, never followed him closely but two of his biggest come up fights were against champs/previous champs on the back end of their career. Seemed to beat them through tenacity and power rather than speed and technique, not surprised he’s lost tonight but you never wanna see someone get hit like that

• Confused 1

• Subscriber

Good fights last night. 

Oscar Valdez with a showreel KO against Berchelt. 

In the UK Josh Kelly, which I always saw coming. I don’t understand why he was such a favourite against Avanesyan. Well, I do... biased clueless UK punters. But still xD

• Subscriber

Watched the event last night, as always. And Yildrim was pathetic. It’s not his fault though or even Canelo, It’s the stupid boxing organisation who had him as mandatory. 

Eddie Hearn announces Billy Joe as Canelo’s next fight. He promotes them both. 

How about Eddie Reynoso and Canelo coming out and saying Eddie is the best promoter in the world. Haters will still hate but that’s the 2 biggest stars in the sport now with Eddie, and they know he’s the man to help elevate their fights. (Canelo and AJ)

Edited by JoshBRFC

On 21/02/2021 at 20:04, JoshBRFC said:

Good fights last night. 

Oscar Valdez with a showreel KO against Berchelt. 

In the UK Josh Kelly, which I always saw coming. I don’t understand why he was such a favourite against Avanesyan. Well, I do... biased clueless UK punters. But still xD

I never rated Kelly that high myself, seems to be technically a good boxer who could go on to become a world champion, but showboats too much and doesn’t have speed to pull off the way he wants to fight 

On 28/02/2021 at 12:21, Danny said:

I never rated Kelly that high myself, seems to be technically a good boxer who could go on to become a world champion, but showboats too much and doesn’t have speed to pull off the way he wants to fight 

Hated his style if I'm honest, if you're going to play the shoulder roll style and look all technical for the cameras you need to be top level. 

He actually made the cringe whenever I watched him. 

He also lacks power, the shots are snappy and look good for the camera but they haven't got anything in them. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

R.I.P.  Sir 'Marvelous' Marvin Hagler, my thoughts go out to all the loved ones you left behind, you will now shake hands again with the greatest heavyweight of all times in Muhammad Ali

Gutted, I classed him as the greatest middleweight of all in my time and loved watching his bouts and he never lost that bout against Sugar Ray Leonard and to me, he retired undefeated.

Edited by CaaC (John)
  • Like 1

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

So sad to hear that Marvelous Marvin Hagler has passed away so suddenly.

He was always one of my favourites.

Shame the way his career ended, getting screwed by the judges in his last fight with Leonard and then have him refuse to give Hagler a rematch.

_117568611_gettyimages-1199801516.jpg

I’ve not thought about that last fight once since hearing of his passing. Until I opened this thread and you 2 have mentioned it.

Thought about that greatest round of all time and the classic wars he was in. An absolute beast in the ring and without doubt a legend of the sport and an all time great. 

Edited by JoshBRFC