talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Boxing

football forum

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Catterall was robbed there. You just knew he wasn't going to get the decision though.

That's the issue I have with sports that rely on points from judges. You get some terrible decisions. I dont watch boxing but from what I heard it was a very bad decision 

• Subscriber

That’s worse than lewis v Holyfield 1. I think I gave Taylor 2 rounds tops and one of those was because Catterall had a point deducted.

Fuck me- he lost 10 of the 12 rounds, got knocked down and had a point deducted and he somehow got the decision!?

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/02/2022 at 23:12, LFCMike said:

Catterall was robbed there. You just knew he wasn't going to get the decision though.

Forgot to post at the time... I thought Marquez Pacquiao II was bad but this was another level. It really has killed any enthusiasm I have for watching anything other than the marquee fights.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 20/03/2022 at 16:39, The Palace Fan said:

Forgot to post at the time... I thought Marquez Pacquiao II was bad but this was another level. It really has killed any enthusiasm I have for watching anything other than the marquee fights.

Marquez - Pac was bad, but the worst for me I’ve seen and especially high profile is GGG - Canelo 1. 2 was also bad but the first was criminal. 

I feel bad for Jack, I have friends from Chorley who know him. But it will never ruin the sport for me, however I do understand why bad judges decisions would turn casuals off. Not saying you are, I just mean people tuning in to a fight for the first time and seeing that…

I definitely don’t think it was corrupt, just poor judging. I had it a draw first watch when drunk then second watch had Jack by 2. There was only scorecard for me that needed punishment and he has been. Improvements are needed with judging, it’s tough as ultimately it’s subjective at times. Hopefully something good comes of that one poor judge in particular. There’s definitely less chance of corruption in the UK than America. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

I watched this on a second screen whilst watching UFC. It went as expected 😂. Fun at times and credit to both, but lol.

Eddie looked in shock after the fight.

26 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

I feel bad for Jack, I have friends from Chorley who know him. But it will never ruin the sport for me, however I do understand why bad judges decisions would turn casuals off. Not saying you are, I just mean people tuning in to a fight for the first time and seeing that…

Oh no I am a complete casual. I'm more invested in certain boxers than the sport itself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

April 23rd

London, England - Wembley Stadium

Tyson Fury vs Dillian Whyte

Looking foward to this massive fight - 90,000 plus at the national stadium will look awesome.

Fight starts at 10pm (UK) and 5pm ET (USA)

Anyone that don't have the means to watch at home VUE cinema's in the UK and CineMark/AMC Theatres will be showing Tyson Fury vs Dillian Whyte in America. Check out the Press Conference Face Off.

Watched the fight at Wembley.

Stadium fight basically means you’re watching the big screen, not live. Atmosphere was good for Sweet Caroline and the walk ins, otherwise very boring.

Brawl broke out in front of me before the fight started, not particularly great to be surrounded by Conor McGregor wannabes but it is what it is. Vast majority well behaved. I think there’s a level of sad dick head achieved when you go to the boxing to fight specifically, even though there are people trained to fight literally in the ring and you’re just giving it billy big bollocks.

There was a bloke shadow boxing and telling Tyson Fury what to do, in the top tier, but fair play he was having a good time.

The fight wasn’t very entertaining, boring and I was hoping Whyte would come in with more body work. Neither boxer actually had to do a lot and Fury got a sweet KO.

Got a new found respect for Fury tbh, put on a decent show when he was walking in and end of fight too. But also been fairly classy throughout most of the fight and you can tell he wants to retire, even if he doesn’t. 

• Upvote 1

Fell asleep during the ring walk xD

Seen the clips of the KO but not much else. Was there either of them dominant before the KO? 

Seen Fury saying in the build up and after the fight that he's going to retire. I don't believe he will and I hope I'm right. He's great and the heavyweight division will be much worse off without him. I know he's said it's never been about money or belts but surely he must want to unify against Usyk?

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, OrangeKhrush said:

boxing standards have dropped, that was such an avoidable knock out if Whyte just kept his hands up to stop the jab.   the jab masked the uppercut with no defense at all.

would fury have been able to fight peak Tyson, Holyfield, Lewis, or the Klitchkos.  

No chance vs the front 3. Unfair fights as they are all well over 50 now.

25 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I mean all in their fighting primes

Fury size and movement would cause problems in any era. Boxing is OK look through the other divisions some cracking fights to be made. They just need to match the best with the best quicker. Like the old days. 

Fury will end up fighting winner of Joshua v Usyk. Personally I think Usyk will beat Joshua again then fight fury.