talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Boxing

football forum

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Danny said:

How comes DAZN have gone to PPV…no point buying a subscription.

Not that I’d pay to watch KSI, but other fights they have are down as PPV too.

If the fights big enough then it will be on PPV, eg AJ-Usyk, Eubank-Benn in 6 weeks. It’s the only way to raise the money that the fighters want/deserve for these big fights. The subscription itself is still well worth it in my opinion as Boxings my favourite sport and I watch majority of events, however there’s a lot more on there than just boxing and the on demand content is pretty good too.

3 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

If the fights big enough then it will be on PPV, eg AJ-Usyk, Eubank-Benn in 6 weeks. It’s the only way to raise the money that the fighters want/deserve for these big fights. The subscription itself is still well worth it in my opinion as Boxings my favourite sport and I watch majority of events, however there’s a lot more on there than just boxing and the on demand content is pretty good too.

So essentially they couldn’t get enough people to pay for the subscription and PPV, even if only some events, is the only way to make it work? Cos DAZN was definitely marketed as the future of Boxing through subscription rather than an out of date PPV system

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Danny said:

So essentially they couldn’t get enough people to pay for the subscription and PPV, even if only some events, is the only way to make it work? Cos DAZN was definitely marketed as the future of Boxing through subscription rather than an out of date PPV system

In the earlier promotions of Dazn, yeah, they did say a few things along those lines. But times change and the odd massive event needs to be PPV. The basic streaming subscription still offers the best boxing schedule in the world on a consistent basic. There’s been some great fights this year. 

11 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

Watching the KSI event, been a laugh so far xD

Seeing 2 giants needing oxygen after 1 round was hilarious.

I was listening to it on Talksport during the drive home from Manchester and one thing that was quite telling was that the audience enjoyed the whole card. Too often when I watch a boxing show the majority of the seats for two thirds of the card are empty.

I know boxing purists will shit on it but KSI, Paul brothers etc deserve a ton of credit for how they're able to promote/market themselves and others. Fair play to them for bringing through a new generation of fans where some will want to get in to boxing through them.

9 hours ago, Danny said:

I think it's similar with Disney + in the essence that the only way to get your big stars on board is to not restrict there biggest revenue source as we saw with Scarlett Johansen after her Avengers film.

That said I was reading an article on Peacock in America and it is amazing how much money some of these subscription services are losing. I'd be surprised if some more established names are not in trouble in the next five or so years.

• Subscriber
On 28/08/2022 at 09:22, The Palace Fan said:

I was listening to it on Talksport during the drive home from Manchester and one thing that was quite telling was that the audience enjoyed the whole card. Too often when I watch a boxing show the majority of the seats for two thirds of the card are empty.

I know boxing purists will shit on it but KSI, Paul brothers etc deserve a ton of credit for how they're able to promote/market themselves and others. Fair play to them for bringing through a new generation of fans where some will want to get in to boxing through them.

I’ve no issue with it to be honest, it’s obviously a poor standard, but if it’s bringing kids eyes to the sport and these people are inspiring people then so be it. Those that moan simply don’t have to watch the event. 

• Upvote 1

Hearn a little negative.

Fury says he's offered 40% but the fight must be in the UK. Hearn saying that doesn't maximise income and seems to want to go to Saudi again.

If Fury's offer is serious, Joshua is in no position to turn this down.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, MUFC said:

Hearn a little negative.

Fury says he's offered 40% but the fight must be in the UK. Hearn saying that doesn't maximise income and seems to want to go to Saudi again.

He’s skeptical, as you should be with Fury, he contradicts himself regularly. I do have hope on this now though, it makes sense now with Usyk not being ready till next March. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, MUFC said:

Hearn a little negative.

Another possible issue is that the Fury team and Warren are looking to get this fight set for sometime in November, which I think is a little too soon for Joshua after his huge fight against Usyk on the 20th of August. Joshua clearly needs more rest and more preparation time to be ready for another huge fight. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Another 4am alarm job this morning, and it was hard to watch in all honesty.

GGG just ain’t what he used to be and Canelo won convincingly, after 10 I had it 8-2 to Canelo, and the last 2 rounds were close. 

Sad really to see Canelo close out the Trilogy convincingly after the robbery in the first fight. Arguably the second too. 

Joyce Knocks out Parker with a left hook in the 11th round. Parker fell to the canvas and he couldn't beat the count. This is the first time that Parker has ever lost by knockout. Great win by Joyce, he looks like the dark horse of the heavyweight division right now.

• Subscriber
On 24/09/2022 at 23:39, Michael said:

Joyce Knocks out Parker with a left hook in the 11th round. Parker fell to the canvas and he couldn't beat the count. This is the first time that Parker has ever lost by knockout. Great win by Joyce, he looks like the dark horse of the heavyweight division right now.

Was a decent performance, he’d a machine. He needs that big fight soon as he’s 37 now. 

What a fight and what a night at the o2. A million times better than a stadium fight.

Marshall and Shields were phenomenal, as were so many more of the women in there. What a legend Alvarez is, see the joy when the fight was over and she got to celebrate fighting at such a big occasion. Massive.