talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

TAS (Bolivia's Points)

So Peru is really confident for their argument, Chile are also trying to keep their points. Argentina want Bolivia to have their points back.

The table now

1. Brazil - 33

2. Colombia - 24

3. Chile - 23

4. Uruguay - 23

5. Argentina - 22

6. Ecuador - 20

7. Peru - 18

8. Paraguay - 18

9. Bolivia - 10

10. Venezuela - 6

Table if Bolivia get their points back

1. Brazil - 33

2. Colombia - 24

3. Uruguay - 23

4. Argentina - 22

5. Chile - 20

6. Ecuador - 20

7. Paraguay - 18

8. Peru - 15

9. Bolivia - 14

10. Venezuela - 6

I personally think it's silly to give points back after taking them away. Sure the sub hardly affected the game, but rules are still rules.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Stan said:

what is this? Have Bolivia been disqualified? why will their points come and go?

Bolivia beat Peru at home and drew Chile away back in September, which is 4 points. However, they put on a player named Nelson Cabrera who is actually Paraguayan. He's supposedly been nacionalized as Bolivian but has only been there 3 years. FIFA rules says you have to be there 5 years regardless of how long it takes to get citizenship. As a result, Bolivia have been taken away their points back in November but now they are trying to get them back and have support of the AFA.

Just now, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Im curious to know, what was the score and the minute that particular player against Peru Libby? 

Bolivia 2-0 Peru, Cabrera came in the 82nd minute.

It is a bit harsh as Cabrera had little to no impact but their points have already been taken away. It would be silly to give them back given they did break the rules.

Anyways, the case should be sealed tomorrow. Peru has come out with confidence, Bolivia have as well however. As for Chile, they also seem to be happy with their debate and are happy with us too. It could genuinely go either way. I'm still a bit nervous about the AFA being there though. With them in it theres every reason they'll win.

If we lose, then its goodbye World Cup for us. I can't see us qualify either way but we have a slim chance as it stands. Chile on the other hand, won't be as affected by it but will be put on a lot more pressure to beat Ecuador and Paraguay at home. 

I think just for how well we've played, we deserved to finish 6th these qualifiers.

According to betting sites, we are slight favourites to win the case.

We are at 1.70 to win, 2.00 to lose on betsson.

We're so desperate, losing 3 in the last 16 and wanting to qualify for our first world cup in 40 years, yeah I think I'll take a default win. 

You know, I've been holding back with you because I know well that you will never change, but I really enjoy running rings around a spastic like yourself. Its fun

Anyone who thinks losing in La Paz is embarrassing knows nothing about football.

• 2 weeks later...

According to many Argentinian sources, Bolivia have won and will get their points back.

Im still not believing anything until it's confirmed by an official himself, but if it does go through it's quite embarrassing in all that's happened. You shouldn't play ping pong between football points, especially if it's months between.

• 3 weeks later...

If this is a proper hint, then we've won. It was blantantly obvious the Argentine press were just trying to add extra pressure. Still going to wait until the official confirmation before believing anything though.

• 2 weeks later...

Peru and Chile keep their points, the AFA is not unbeatable after all. Made official by TAS and we still have something to play for!

I said it all along, everyone chose to believe the Argentine press but I knew all along it was white smoke. If Argentina was in favour of Bolivia and their press were the ones reporting it only, wouldn't you think there was something fishy in that? It was lies! As I tried to tell everyone. It was blatantly obvious for me. It was all a pressuring game.

As for the decision, whether it changed the game or not, whether it looks bad to get default wins on paper but its 100% the right decision. The points were already taken away. Don't return what you took. 

Archived