30/01/2021 - Arsenal 0-0 Man Utd

Recent Form
Man Utd - WWWLL
Arsenal - WWWWW

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, 6666 said:

Partey, Zinchenko, Elneny, Odegaard, and Ramsdale could all possibly be out for this game. ☹️

Elneney is not much of a loss.   I haven't watched any Arsenal games this season but going on his display at SJP last season where he was physically manhandled and even floored himself after trying to tackle Bruno.   If it is the same Elneny it may be a good thing he is missing. 

McFred, Cass its going to be a shin kicker and having flakey players is not a good thing. 

• The title was changed to Man Utd 3-1 Arsenal - Sunday 4th September, 2022
2 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Glorious result. Antony looked decent and we got a result still not firing on all cylinders. Arsenal looked great in spells and should be up there this season.

Aside from the disallowed Martinelli goal, United looked good. But boy, United were carved in half for that Martinelli goal, a more lenient ref would have let it stand, it is almost a shame, it was a textbook counter goal. But I only say that because players go down for fouls very easy, which I think Eriksen did, they never contest challenges. It does get pretty exhausting seeing players go down on all checks, but I get why they do it, they are rewarded and it lowers chance of injury.

Great result,. Thought we kept Arsenal at bay for the most part but they did dominate at times and a great safe or two from de Gea and the disallowed goal were the difference.

Erikson did go down too easy and it was a soft foul,  but one that's going to be called in today's game.  There was a push in his back and clip on his knee and foot.  He feels the contact and he goes down.  That's the game today.

• Administrator

United looked like a team of old. Surrounding the ref when there was a decision, lots of bite and aggression, good shape for most of the game, structured attacks and discipline. It's a good run of form and Ten Hag looks to have found a decent tactic. 

• Subscriber

Good result, got a bit edgy when he bought on Maguire and he gave away a free kick near goal at 3-1, I thought "here we go again...square head is back..."

Just hope ten Hag keeps that captain's armband off him and keeps him and Ronaldo on the bench. 

Thought Arsenal did fairly well and the score line may have flattered United a bit. 

Now is the time to really see what Arsenal and Arteta are capable of. Last season, they reacted poorly to adversity. Not to mention Arteta looked rattled when managing a hefty schedule. They have Brentford and Everton mixed in with Europa League fixtures before they face Spurs after the international break. 

Season starts now for a lot of clubs. 

• The topic was unpinned

The disallowed goal was nonsense just like in the other games with West Ham and Newcastle's goals. None of these officials should go to the World Cup.

United's game plan worked well though. They're definitely suited to playing the big sides. We needed to be more clinical.

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, 6666 said:

The disallowed goal was nonsense just like in the other games with West Ham and Newcastle's goals. None of these officials should go to the World Cup.

United's game plan worked well though. They're definitely suited to playing the big sides. We needed to be more clinical.

How was it? It’s a blatant foul. 

The other way round you’d be screaming for it. Officials not had a good weekend but this one they got spot on. Odegaard got nowhere near the ball and pushed him over

Disappointed with the result but really it could have gone either way or even a draw. Good match and entertaining, Arsenal missed couple of great chances infront of the goal (Odegaard and one more I cant remember who). 

Terrific goal by martinelli but only to be revoked. Its one of those fouls where everyone cant agree/disagree with, if the foul was other way Utd fans and sympathisers would say its not a foul while Arsenal would say its a foul. Very close call and if it happened in the box I doubt it would have been given as a penalty. Anyways thats not the reason arsenal lost but Arteta should have been a little more careful and not gone with all guns blazing after the equaliser. Great goal by Rashford too.

Archived