• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sack Race 2017/18

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
6 hours ago, VanPaddy said:

Just reminded me of what Sirbalon would do is to bet on his own manager getting the sack. 

It's just what I thought would happen. I don't put money on teams to beat Leicester because I want it to happen, I put it on because it's an educated guess. Gambling and supporting are mutually exclusive to me.

Quite odd seeing West Brom fans chant for Pulis out. If Pulis hadn't managed them and was available they'd be praying that the board appoint him.

Also given that Sigurdson and Llorente were involved in roughly three quarters of all of Swanseas goals last season I think a lot of their criticism should be aimed at Bony and Sanches instead of Clement.

• Subscriber
20 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Southampton, West Brom and Swansea all beaten handily today.

Pulis 2/5

Clement 4/1

Silva 9/2

Dyche 12/1

Pellegrino 20/1

I'm surprised Pellegrino's odds are that big.

You can say what you like about Pulis but their form is absolutely shocking. No wins in 10 now, something like 4 wins in 29, it's cast iron relegation form. I thought they'd invested quite well this summer but they're as bad as they've been in a while.

Just listening to them on MOTD - yet again complete snobbery towards West Brom saying that "there's no way he should be fired, he's never been relegated", how can you say that so confidently looking at that form? West Brom have been in the league for about 8 years and their remit is still purely survival? They've been left behind by sides like Burnley and Watford when in reality they should be looking to try and push for 7th.

I do think he'd keep them up but having him there has created this belief that it's some kind of achievement for them. They shouldn't be getting relegated. Absolutely no way.

• Subscriber

Swansea's squad is so poor. They've completely lost their way as a club in the last 3/4 years. They used to be a shining example of how to run a smaller club. They'll be down this year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

With the Everton manager situation no longer distorting the market, Sky Bet odds are:

Clement 5/6

Hughes 7/2

Pellegrino 6/1

Moyes 7/1

Benitez 12/1

Wagner 16/1

Wagner popping up on the fringes for the first time. Moyes was 66/1 three weeks ago. Hughes looks good value at 7/2. 

Stoke v Swansea on Saturday 3pm. Is it potentially 'El Sackico' as Football Manager has called other matches in the past?

• Subscriber

Swansea are the worst side in the league for me. Between them and West Ham.

Did think myself that Stoke v Swansea screams the losing manager in big trouble.

I'll donate £20 to this place if Wagner is sacked this season. He will only go if they hit an absolute disaster run. I reckon they could go down and he'd survive like Dyche did.

And like Burnley in 2015, you'd say Huddersfield don't have any players who you would consider too high-profile for the championship. It looks like their squad could quite easily handle relegation, unless they're secretly paying one of their signings an insane amount. 

It wouldn't make sense to get rid of the manager. They've got a squad of players mostly from lower-mid-table sides or larger sides in small leagues. Or larger 2nd division German sides. 

That suggests they're being realistic about their prospects and know that long-term preparedness is most important.

• Administrator

Clement must be close now. 

6 losses in 7 games (7 in 8 if you include loss to Utd in EFL Cup). Rooted to the bottom of the table. Only 9 points. Only scored 2 goals in the last 6 games.

Pressure surely has to be on. 

Their next game is against West Brom, in 17th and on 13 points. A loss against them is certainly a nail in the proverbial coffin for Clement.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Clement must be close now. 

6 losses in 7 games (7 in 8 if you include loss to Utd in EFL Cup). Rooted to the bottom of the table. Only 9 points. Only scored 2 goals in the last 6 games.

Pressure surely has to be on. 

Their next game is against West Brom, in 17th and on 13 points. A loss against them is certainly a nail in the proverbial coffin for Clement.

I feel a bit sorry for him to be honest. He's lost three quarters of his goals last season and the replacements have really let him down.

• Subscriber

Screenshot_20171211-000341.thumb.png.c5628dc563beedc8c8d50abd493262a8.png

A timely result for Clement pushes him back out to Evens for now. Hughes' odds shorten to less than 2/1 following a damaging defeat to Tottenham.

Despite one loss in four and that coming at City, Pellegrino is among the next most likely to get the boot while Newcastle's home defeat to Leicester puts Benitez under pressure.

Not much change elsewhere. Guardiola currently deemed to have the safest job at 100/1.

6 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Screenshot_20171211-000341.thumb.png.c5628dc563beedc8c8d50abd493262a8.png

A timely result for Clement pushes him back out to Evens for now. Hughes' odds shorten to less than 2/1 following a damaging defeat to Tottenham.

Despite one loss in four and that coming at City, Pellegrino is among the next most likely to get the boot while Newcastle's home defeat to Leicester puts Benitez under pressure.

Not much change elsewhere. Guardiola currently deemed to have the safest job at 100/1.

I think Hughton will be gone soon, they are getting hammered, also he made some questionable changes to the team that lost at the weekend.  

Archived