talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sack Race 2017/18

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last year I predicted Alan Pardew to go first but he was the second thanks to Swansea.

Hughes is a good shout but maybe next Summer as opposed to midseason.

I lean towards Slaven Bilic and Chris Hughton.

I don't think Bilic is under much pressure tbh, he saved himself from such abuse because West Ham ended the season fairly well and I've not heard much discontent from West Ham fans. 

Paul Clement is my guess mainly because Swansea are shit and if Gylfi Sigurdsson goes, they'll be doomed. 

It’s all kind of early to decide since a bazillion game-changing transfers will no doubt occur between now and Sept 1st, but…

Bilic ran out of last chances last season. He’d be my top pick. West Ham need to improve on their transfer activity in comparison to last summer. Simples.  

Clement would be my second choice. I hope that he and Swansea aren’t going to rely on Tammy Abraham too much this season (or rather, assume his hype=ability factor). I mean, I hope he makes the step up to Prem football from the Championship. Llorente did better than I thought last year, but he’s not getting younger. And if Siggy goes then who the jabbery-fudge is going to drag them over the line week in, week out? However, if he can utilise his connections with his best pal Ancellotti, then blooming heck. Get some Bayern kids over on loan.  

I think that Watford getting Silva was quite a coup for them; I thought they were woeful at times last season. They’d be mad to get rid of him, even with a slow start.  

I predict that Burnley will struggle this season, but the board won’t sack Dyche. However, once someone else gets the chop, it will be interesting to see if teams come swooping in for Dyche as a mid-season replacement, and how loyal he decides to be.

How long did de Boer last at Inter? He struggled there, didn’t he? He’s talking a tough game at Palace, but… well. I hope he does okay, and I’m intrigued to see if he can lure over any Dutch talents from the Eredivisie. 

• Administrator

Hughes is near to finished at Stoke. Loads of fans getting bored and tired of him. Think he's taken them as far as he can and Stoke fans want something new.

Forgot Marco Silva went to Watford xD 

8 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Mark Hughes at 16/1 is a great price 

My thoughts to. Surprised on the price for Hughton and Wagner and also don't believe that Bilic is in as much trouble as people think. That opinion may change though once the transfer window has closed.

• Subscriber

I am surprised Hughes is that big a price. They're gradually getting worse and Stoke aren't really used to relegation battles - if they're in one they could well pull the trigger.

Bilic possibly. I wouldn't be surprised if he walked though. Same with Benitez.

I'm going to make a bold prediction here and claim Craig Shakespeare will be our manager a year today. Quote me on it. £20 donation to the forum if I'm wrong.

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Newly promoted sides have had a tendency in recent years to panic and pull the trigger in the hope of a better option if things aren't going their way.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Huddersfield's chairman said he'd keep him no matter how it goes. I know it's easy to say before it's all kicked off but I think last year's promotion was that unexpected that it's probably a bit like when Burnley first came up. They stuck with Dyche despite relegation.

Dyche I think could go this season but I don't think he'll be first. I can see Burnley struggling this year. If they're in the bottom two by around Christmas and Allardyce has decided he fancies cutting his retirement short I could see them doing it.

I don't think he will get sacked but I think pochettino could be under pressure this season. I think they will struggle at Wembley and quite possibly not make the champions league.  It's bad timing for spurs I think if they were at white hart lane this season they would have a very good chance of winning the league. 

I did say I don't think he will get sacked but that I think they will struggle. I think that could have been west hams problem last year 

On 07/07/2017 at 3:18 AM, Dan said:

How on earth is Wagner 8/1 and Hughes 16/1 xD

Huddersfield won't sack Wagner. I reckon he'd survive the sack even if they went down.

You'd hope so! But football!

leaning towards a Hughes or Clement sacking first.

Archived