The better place to talk football.

Sack Race 2017/18

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
On 7/8/2017 at 11:42 PM, Happy Blue said:

Mourinho has to worth a bet looking at his team so far

Its the statistical history that doesn't have Mourinho up there. Second seasons are generally very good under him.

42 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Don't see it with the team he has so far

What about pep? He has to do better considering the money je has spent? 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

Don't see it with the team he has so far

I didn't think they'd do well last year either considering how they were towards the middle of the season. We won't really know till we see them play so anything is possible. Just for the record I don't see them doing much either.

2 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I didn't think they'd do well last year either considering how they were towards the middle of the season. We won't really know till we see them play so anything is possible. Just for the record I don't see them doing much either.

They had a bad season last year  (good by united's new standards with the euro version of the carling cup but a season a big club would of been disappointed with) 

• Subscriber

Since posting these odds Conte has gone from something like 33/1 to 5/1, second favourite behind Benitez at 4/1.

After those two it's now

Bilic 11/2

Shakespeare 6/1

Hughes and Silva 8/1

Hughton 11/1

Dyche, Wagner, Clement 12/1

De Boer 14/1

Pellegrino and Pulis 16/1

Koeman 22/1

Pochettino, Howe 33/1

NO MANAGER TO LEAVE ALL SEASON 33/1 xD

Wenger 50/1

Klopp, Mourinho 66/1

Guardiola 80/1

I find it hilarious that No Manager to Leave can be more likely than anyone. I also find it baffling that a City manager can have the safest job but then I'm not running a betting shop.

3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Guardiola is anything but safe, if there isn't a league title or Champions League on the shelf come May he'll be out the door.

How brilliant would that be? After all the hype and wankfest upon his arrival. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Guardiola is anything but safe, if there isn't a league title or Champions League on the shelf come May he'll be out the door.

and probably sooner if they don't look like winning anything by March/April.

18 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I also find it baffling that a City manager can have the safest job but then I'm not running a betting shop.

Remember though it's about specifically who goes first, not who will go whenever. So with that in mind the odds are probably about right.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Large said:

Remember though it's about specifically who goes first, not who will go whenever. So with that in mind the odds are probably about right.

I think there are a fair few managers who are safer from an early sacking than any City manager. Wenger, Mourinho, Pochettino, Klopp, Koeman, Howe all arguably for me will get more time than Guardiola if things aren't going to plan. 

8 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I think there are a fair few managers who are safer from an early sacking than any City manager. Wenger, Mourinho, Pochettino, Klopp, Koeman, Howe all arguably for me will get more time than Guardiola if things aren't going to plan. 

Possibly, but it's all a tad irrelevant really as the probability that he'll be the first is quite low. The odds will also reflect what has been backed to date, so obviously punters think there's very little value there.

• 1 month later...
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Why's that? 

Hes only just signed a 6 year extension! 

Im willing to have a substantial bet that he's still here after 2020?

He's been at Liverpool, what, two and a half years? This is his second full season and he's had probably 5-6 transfer windows to address Liverpool's biggest problem, their defence, and for me he's failed to do change that for the better in that time. James Milner at left-back worked in the short-term granted and Andy Robertson looks okay at Premier League level but how long can Liverpool get away with the likes of Klavan, Gomez, Lovren and Matip littering their back four and Karius and Mignolet in goal while they concede to the likes of Watford, Bournemouth (six goals last season), Hull (3), Burnley (3) and Crystal Palace (4) is questionable for me. I think a lot rests on the signing of Virgil Van Dijk, if that can get pushed through before the end of the window then I think my prediction won't happen but if he doesn't sign, I think Liverpool can and will struggle and people will start to get the hump with Klopp's failure to sort out the back five.

I did make the prediction about Klopp getting sacked when the Van Dijk signing was "dead", though I believe that isn't the case anymore. 

Archived