talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Is the World Moving Towards Better or Worse ?

football forum

Are you optimistic or pessimistic ?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic ?

• Definitely towards better, humans are making great progress as a specie
    • It is getting net better but there are some major concerns for future
    • Neither, world has been like this always it works in cycles
    • It is getting net worse but there are some reasons for optimism
    • Definitely towards worse, humans are self-destructive and are fucking up everything
    • My life sucks either way so I don't care

38 minutes ago, Harry said:

We're much better off than we've been at almost any point in human history. But I reckon western society peaked at some time in the 1990's and have been on a bit of a descent since then. 

I would say the same with 9/11 and the war on terror and the outsourcing of jobs everything became much more uncertain and progressively worse,. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

The world doesn't equal the UK or the West.

That is true yet the US economy has largely driven the world economy and the wheels are coming off.

See the dilemma is if the wealth is not spread evenly enough demand falls, part of the outsourcing drive was to improve salaries overseas to buy US goods though that has not been as successful as hoped and the home politics situation has deteriorated as reasonable paid jobs were exported. 

It is not just the US experiencing this so is Western Europe.

I read recently there is talk about another banking crisis due to huge derivatives risk so it is expected some time soon there will be another Lehmans situation probably 18-24 month period with a new sacrificial lamb to allow bailing out of banks. Dodgy investments were quiet for just a while. 

We have seen recently financial troubles in Lebanon, Sri Lanka, Yellow Jackets in France and more troubles brewing due to a myriad of problems in the EU, migration issues, green issues, sovereignty issues, energy issues.

The rest of the world excepting Russia and China have to decide if they continue to follow US dictak on trade or risk going independent like India has continued to buy fuel from Russia.  

The NATO-Euro-USA world is a tangled web of nations noisily jostling for prominence & alignment. Or non alignment. Riddled with 'do as I say, not as I do' attitudes from all political viewpoints. It's why many reasonable people have little time for politics. They see the arrogance. Hear the flatulence. And they see right through it all.

It feels louder right now than it has done previously. And that is because Brexit. 

1 hour ago, Reluctant Striker said:

The NATO-Euro-USA world is a tangled web of nations noisily jostling for prominence & alignment. Or non alignment. Riddled with 'do as I say, not as I do' attitudes from all political viewpoints. It's why many reasonable people have little time for politics. They see the arrogance. Hear the flatulence. And they see right through it all.

It feels louder right now than it has done previously. And that is because Brexit. 

I agree with all except the last point.

I think currently it is the Ukraine conflict and before that COV-ID do though agree Brexit can once again jump to the front of the current affairs priority depending on what else happens. Northern Ireland might be the trigger. 

Archived