talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Thomas Tuchel Sacked by Chelsea; Graham Potter Hired

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Stan said:

I wonder if Potter would be persuaded to go...

Would be a risky move for Chelsea, personally think he needs to get Brighton into the Europa League and have a season doing domestic and European comps before a big club goes for him

Just now, Chickasaw said:

Be careful, you might make True Blue cry.

I like his tears. 

Seriously though, I don't post much about football here but my old man is a Chelsea fan, so I actually have an interest in them.

I guess the only logic I can see is that the new owners simply have never wanted him. Otherwise, why has the club spent so much in the last few weeks and then only given him a few games essentially?

Would hate to see Potter go there, he’s likeable and they’ll just chew & spit him out within 18 months. He should stay at Brighton, try for Europa and then move to a more stable environment like Liverpool in a few years time when Klopp leaves 👀

1 minute ago, Rick said:

Would hate to see Potter go there, he’s likeable and they’ll just chew & spit him out within 18 months. He should stay at Brighton, try for Europa and then move to a more stable environment like Liverpool in a few years time when Klopp leaves 👀

Gerrard is your next manager

1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

Didn't expect it this quick to be honest... clearly a problem on the pitch but with all the issues surrounding the club in recent months with sanctions, transfer bans, players departing and new ones coming in I thought he might have been given some leeway to sort it out before putting him to the sword but looks like Boehlyvich has taken a leaf out of his predecessor's book... 

Chelsea huh! all the fun of the fair... onwards and upwards as they say.. 

Well put, I thought he might have got to the end of November before the knife was plunged in. 

9 minutes ago, Toinho said:

I guess the only logic I can see is that the new owners simply have never wanted him. Otherwise, why has the club spent so much in the last few weeks and then only given him a few games essentially?

But then why would you spend so much money just to have another manager take over with different ideas if you knew that was going to be the case?? I reckon Tuchel has had a lot of say in who comes in and they have tried to back him all the way hence the hefty outlay but he has not been able to show that he can actually get results or that the team is cohesive in any way with that.. In fairness to Tuchel the players he got verses what he actually wanted have been a lot different to the vision he had in mind but having said that the team looks a world away from what it was last season and I would still have expected some decent performances from those players.. 

We only looked anything like what we should when we played Spurs and we have been anything but that since then.. 

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

But then why would you spend so much money just to have another manager take over with different ideas if you knew that was going to be the case?? I reckon Tuchel has had a lot of say in who comes in and they have tried to back him all the way hence the hefty outlay but he has not been able to show that he can actually get results or that the team is cohesive in any way with that.. In fairness to Tuchel the players he got verses what he actually wanted have been a lot different to the vision he had in mind but having said that the team looks a world away from what it was last season and i would still have expected some decent performances from those players.. 

We only looked anything like what we should when we played Spurs and we have been anything but that since then.. 

Fair points, but trying to second guess a bunch of rich numpties is tough, ey.

11 minutes ago, Rick said:

I get the feeling that Potter could end up being a bit like the Lampard signing. High risk simply because of the expectations and pressure he would be under. At Brighton if they end up finishing 7th-8th it won't be a disaster for them but if he didn't finish in the top 4 at very least or we got knocked out/failed to qualify for the next round of the CL then it would be considered a disaster for the outlay.. Like Lampard his overall experience could be telling at the levels he would be expected to perform at.. 

Boehly has not surprised me, Potter is doing well so he needs the current flavour of the month otherwise he isn't happy.

Honestly whilst that lunatic is around Chelsea won't be a challenger for the title. 

My biggest worry for Potter is he won't get the players he wants and yet he will still get blamed like he's done something wrong. 

• The title was changed to Thomas Tuchel Sacked by Chelsea; Graham Potter Hired

Archived