talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FPL Player Data Thread

Right, now that we have an ok data size to select from (six gameweeks) I thought i'd create some tables for you all to hopefully help with your selections for the upcoming gameweeks.

If I keep on top of this and it gets a bit convoluted i'll create separate threads.

The intention is to create spreadsheets for the last four gameweeks and last six week gameweeks as the data size gets bigger. This has been delayed after the queen's passed skewed a lot of the data.

Goalkeepers Table (Ranked on Points Per Start)

c173af1c95decc4f31baf9451f6e7f5e.png

Defenders Table (Ranked on Expected Goal Involvement)

76e1e4055d501d305457c2f0e2f4576c.png

Midfielders Table (Ranked on Expected Goal Involvement)

195bc14c6aaaa467f8b83c1c9cf32853.png

Forwards Table (Ranked on xGI)

653e45d1c0cf1e8c00c593f24824365c.png

I'll look in to create a fixture ticker up until the World Cup break but it's a little time consuming.

Credit to FotMob, Fantasy Football Hub and Fantasy Football Scout for the assistance.

If there's any specific tables you'd like me to compose feel free to make requests within this thread. I don't mind if it's price specific, team specific, different categories etc. 

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Dan said:

I don't think I dare look at Danny Ward's stats. That trick has badly backfired. Horrendous.

Points per 90 he's bottom with 1.33.

Expected goals prevented he's second bottom but only because Mark Travers let in nine against Liverpool.

He's made more saves than Bazunu, Fabianski and those that play for top five teams. However more Bazunu's saves have occurred in the penalty area and Fabianski did get substituted in the Man City game which skews his data.

In short he needs to get a proper Goalkeepers shirt that fits him.

• Subscriber
43 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Points per 90 he's bottom with 1.33.

Expected goals prevented he's second bottom but only because Mark Travers let in nine against Liverpool.

He's made more saves than Bazunu, Fabianski and those that play for top five teams. However more Bazunu's saves have occurred in the penalty area and Fabianski did get substituted in the Man City game which skews his data.

In short he needs to get a proper Goalkeepers shirt that fits him.

The trick should've worked, we're just playing the wrong goalkeeper.

On 08/09/2022 at 19:41, OrangeKhrush said:

didn't know that Son, Foden, Salah, Zaha, martinelli are midfielders?   Wingers/inside forwards/Inverted wingers are technically forwards.   Just my sentiments on it.

Are there any defensive orientated stats. 

Yeah FPL caters massively towards casuals so inside forwards are still midfielders and wing backs are still defenders regardless of what heat maps tell you.

• The title was changed to FPL Player Data Thread

Player data updated before the deadline. A holiday to Butlins was the cause of the delay.

In Goal if you have somebody that has ok fixtures there's probably no point moving as nobody is really stading out. Neto at Bournemouth represents the best value but then you're hopeing Bournemouth keep a clean sheet.

Defenders, whilst his defending is being bought in to question Trent is still producing good numbers going forwards. All Spurs wing backs produce good numbers but consistent starts are in doubt. Kieran Trippier appears the most 'must own' at the moment as he's performing well on all fronts.

Midfielders, KDB is the man but Phil Foden could represent better value. Like with Arsenal where Saka is producing the best number but Martinelli could allow you to upgrade elsewhere. Almiron is currently the best under the radar cheap pick.

Forwards, it's no surprise who leads the way but Gabriel Jesus' stats have still held up despite the more difficult fixtures.

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Player data updated before the deadline. A holiday to Butlins was the cause of the delay.

In Goal if you have somebody that has ok fixtures there's probably no point moving as nobody is really stading out. Neto at Bournemouth represents the best value but then you're hopeing Bournemouth keep a clean sheet.

Defenders, whilst his defending is being bought in to question Trent is still producing good numbers going forwards. All Spurs wing backs produce good numbers but consistent starts are in doubt. Kieran Trippier appears the most 'must own' at the moment as he's performing well on all fronts.

Midfielders, KDB is the man but Phil Foden could represent better value. Like with Arsenal where Saka is producing the best number but Martinelli could allow you to upgrade elsewhere. Almiron is currently the best under the radar cheap pick.

Forwards, it's no surprise who leads the way but Gabriel Jesus' stats have still held up despite the more difficult fixtures.

TAA's injury is a great opportunity to get Cancelo in, or go for a cheaper option and bolster midfield (presuming that everyone has a combination of Haaland/Kane/Jesus as striker(s) anyway). 

• Subscriber

Arsenal v Man City being off is a real sod. I've had to break up my Arsenal trio of Martinelli, Saka and Jesus in preparation. In comes Zaha naturally.

Kepa is actually an extremely good value keeper now I think.

• Subscriber
On 14/10/2022 at 15:06, Dan said:

Arsenal v Man City being off is a real sod. I've had to break up my Arsenal trio of Martinelli, Saka and Jesus in preparation. In comes Zaha naturally.

Kepa is actually an extremely good value keeper now I think.

Half an hour into his debut for me and he's been outstanding xD

Updated GK table shows that @Dan was right with Kepa. Three clean sheets in five games, 4.7 goals prevented and 5.8 FPL points per start. He's representing great value under 5m.

Trippier remains the stand out defender this season but Castagne has been a great pickup for anybody that went with him when Leicester's fixtures turned. 

Haaland and KDB will continue to dominate the attacking data but Almiron is still representing incredible value at his price.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Updated GK table shows that @Dan was right with Kepa. Three clean sheets in five games, 4.7 goals prevented and 5.8 FPL points per start. He's representing great value under 5m.

Trippier remains the stand out defender this season but Castagne has been a great pickup for anybody that went with him when Leicester's fixtures turned. 

Haaland and KDB will continue to dominate the attacking data but Almiron is still representing incredible value at his price.

I'm having a really good season. Had a good to average start but the last five weeks I've got something like the highest score in the majority of leagues I'm in in nearly all of them.

I've got £2.5mil to play with for my team as well. I'm thinking it's time to sack Perisic off. I've already got Cancelo and Trippier though, TAA is risky given how many Liverpool are shipping. Reece James is out for ages. Castagne would've been a good pick but I do think our run of clean sheets is a little bit of a freak. I mean we've improved defensively with Faes there but we've had a mix of both kind fixtures and some pretty bad finishing against too, it's not like we're shutting chances out, plus it's three trickier fixtures next.

Spurs have Bournemouth, Liverpool and Leeds before the World Cup. It's probably worth sticking actually.

I definitely got rid of Jesus at the right time. I thought their pricing of him was absurdly cheap at the time but it looks like it was about right all along. There's a case to get rid of Kane so I can have Toney / Mitrovic and then plough a load into having say De Bruyne over Zaha. Maddison's been a no brainer pick all season. Martinelli as well at his price.

This is definitely the best season I've had. I'm sure it'll all go to pot soon though.

• Subscriber

Tell you what how much better are striker options this season than last? Last season was so poor that Emmanuel Dennis lasted virtually all season in my side as there was just so little alternative. This season there are loads I like.

Tables updated in preparation for round two of the football season.

Some things to consider:

- Kepa will be popular for those that don't want to pay 5.3m for Pope.

- Unless he gets injured Trippier is likely to remain popular throughout the whole season.

- TAA is still outperforming Robertson.

- Southampton's full backs look enticing given their fixtures.

- Salah is still a goal threat and Liverpool's best attacking option for their nice fixtures.

- Mitrovic may remain in most teams even when Fulham's fixtures turn.

Archived