• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2022/23 - [6. Spieltag] - 9-11th September 2022

football forum

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Beelzebub said:

Germany has not progressed further than England in last two major tournaments neither has beaten them in last two matches. 

Germany stuck to the same manager for way too long. This had a significant influence on their performances.

• Subscriber

Tough ref decisions but all where correct in the end. Stuttgart probably deserved a draw in the end, fair play to them in how they came out in the second half in particular. A little disappointing I think we dropped off way too deep and stopped attacking in the second half. Lots of rotation but that shouldnt be an excuse the squad was definitely good enough today.

Interesting to read this weekend's comments - I tend to feel a little similar to nudge after both performances were dreadful.  Our man seems unable to remove the garbage that is giving us problems by picking the same useless players again and again - very much in the 'Tedesco' style of management.  Bochum were not very good and any decent team would have done what Bayern did to them - the fact that we managed to scrape 3 points out of the game is simply covering up the basic problems and they are not being addressed - e.g. Bulter is playing every game with the wrong shirt on - his errors and lack of ability to pass even the simplest ball is frightening. Thiaw and Harit have gone  - why?

My visit in October now means that I will not be able to see the game - I have a Friday Night Civic Dinner - now the game has been fixed for Friday - probably they could be doing me a favour!!!  As I am staying over the weekend perhaps I might get chance to see the Sunday noon game at Fortuna - any thoughts Tommy????

Perhaps if we were not paying too many useless members of the squad high wages we could have managed - but that's another story!  Perhaps someone who can actually talk to and respect the decent players would be a good start. You (nudge) more than most know how it feels to see your best young guys leaving due to lack of conversations behind the closed doors!!

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, SchalkeUK said:

Perhaps if we were not paying too many useless members of the squad high wages we could have managed - but that's another story!  Perhaps someone who can actually talk to and respect the decent players would be a good start. You (nudge) more than most know how it feels to see your best young guys leaving due to lack of conversations behind the closed doors!!

Harit was Schalke's top earner, with anual salary of 5.5 million €! That's just mental, and there's absolutely no way Schalke could have realistically afford it, especially now after losing out on Gazprom's money. Even clubs in a much better financial situation are not willing to pay that much; and as you probably well know, it was the reason why you struggled to find a new buying club for him... Even now that he joined Marseille on loan again, Schalke are still paying 2 million € of his annual salary... 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived