The better place to talk football.

2. Bundesliga 2022/23 - [8. Spieltag] - 9-11th September 2022

football forum

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

So, are we all watching the Bremen game tonight then?? 

I know dementia is a bitch, but they actually got promoted last season. Wrong topic, gramps. :ph34r:

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Total lack of respect shown to the older generation mate... It's enough to make me want to come in here more often to teach him a lesson... 

Make sure you always post in a wrong thread, too... xD 

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

This is the most active this section has been... You're welcome :ph34r:

The Bundesliga section is a temple. But with the Premier League posters it feels like one of those Thai temples where the monkeys shit all over the place. :ph34r:

I'm kidding. 

@Tommy what an impressive win for Fortuna Dusseldorf today. Kownacki in particular was excellent once again. How you must be glad that Dusseldorf didn't sell him. Kownacki is finally adding consistency to the undisputed quality that he has as a player. He opened the scoring with a magnificent lobbed volley on the run to give Dusseldorf the lead, it was a superb and quick thinking strike. Kownacki then assisted the 2nd goal as he played a one-two with Sobottka to help Sobottka score. Frode pulled a goal back for Rostock with a powerful diving header. But Iyoha sealed Duesseldorf's win by running through the Rostock defence and slotting the ball in-between Rostock goalie Kolke's legs to score.

Kownacki though was excellent once again, he's been Dusseldorf's best player so far this season in my opinion. He is not only among the leading scorers in the league this season, but he has also set-up many goals for his team mates already. If he keeps up this form, I am sure that he will be selected for the Poland national team that will play at the World Cup in Qatar in a few months time.

21 hours ago, Michael said:

@Tommy what an impressive win for Fortuna Dusseldorf today. Kownacki in particular was excellent once again. How you must be glad that Dusseldorf didn't sell him. Kownacki is finally adding consistency to the undisputed quality that he has as a player. He opened the scoring with a magnificent lobbed volley on the run to give Dusseldorf the lead, it was a superb and quick thinking strike. Kownacki then assisted the 2nd goal as he played a one-two with Sobottka to help Sobottka score. Frode pulled a goal back for Rostock with a powerful diving header. But Iyoha sealed Duesseldorf's win by running through the Rostock defence and slotting the ball in-between Rostock goalie Kolke's legs to score.

Kownacki though was excellent once again though, he's been Dusseldorf's best player so far this season in my opinion. He is not only among the leading scorers in the league this season, but he has also set-up many goals for his team mates already. If he keeps up this form, I am sure that he will be selected for the Poland national team that will play at the World Cup in Qatar in a few months time.

Yes, an excellent win indeed. Especially if you consider all the injuries. We only had 11 outfield players from the first team available, and the rest on the bench was players from our U23 team. 17 year old Elione Neto even made his debut today. He is supposed to be a huge talent, and must be one of our youngest debutants for quite some time. 

And yes, Kownacki was excellent, and has been excellent throughout the season so far. Not only his qualities as a player impress me, but also his body language and his commitment he shows. I really hope we extend his contract, but I can imagine that his performances put him on quite a few lists from "bigger" teams. It would be an absolute shame to lose him on a free transfer. 

Great team performance today. Oberdorf and Klarer played as our CB's, because Hoffmann and De Wijs who are our regular CB's are injured. They did a great job. And also Michal Karbownik who replaced injured Nicolas Gavory as our LB impressed me. Very quick and technical gifted player. 

Oh, and very happy that Emma Iyoha scored today. That man had so much bad luck with injuries in the past. The only player in our squad who was born and raised in Düsseldorf! I was wearing a shirt with is name on in the stadium today! Maybe it brought him a bit of luck. :ph34r:

Anyway, I'm happy. Nice atmosphere in the stadium as well. Also from the Rostock fans, who were very loud but seemed peaceful apart from throwing a few toilet rolls. 

A pic I took from our choreo today:

306396416_10159024354487666_857851944102726317_n.jpg

• The topic was unpinned

Archived