talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other PL Round 7 Fixtures - 10-11th September 2022

football forum

• Administrator

all kick-offs 15.00 (BST) unless stated

Saturday 10th September, 2022
afc_bournemouth_-2013.png Bournemouth vs Brighton 1200px-Brighton_&_Hove_Albion_logo.svg.p

image.png Leicester vs Aston Villa 1200px-Aston_Villa_FC_crest_(2016).svg.p

155.png Liverpool vs Wolves 1200px-Wolverhampton_Wanderers.svg.png

1200px-FC_Southampton.svg.png Southampton vs Brentford 1200px-Brentford_FC_crest.svg.png

Sunday 11th September, 2022
1200px-Arsenal_FC.svg.png Arsenal vs Everton everton.PNG, 14.00

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

We've apparently had a new set-piece coach begin with us this week. Lars Knudsen, previously US & Denmark set-piece coach. Which is interesting on two fronts - a) he only started his job with US in June; b) the Denmark link probably being through Schmeichel, who has of course left and Vestergaard, who is shit. 

I'm not expecting miracles overnight. But I am hoping for the club's sake it does improve.

Whilst Villa are not a main rival by any stretch, this is the perfect game to test our mettle, test our resolve to see how strong we really are. And if Rodgers alters away from how we've been playing so far. There's no sign of it. so I'm not confident in any way. I have a small amount of apathy as to how Saturday goes. I never want the team to lose - but the ideal situation is that we win and Rodgers is still given the boot. 

I'd set up like so:

Iversen

Castagne - Faes - Evans - Justin

KDH - Ndidi - Tielemans

Maddison

Daka - Iheanacho

Clearly the goals aren't an issue. The leaky defence is the problem. Faes likely to start so hopefully he shows his quality. Daka and Iheanacho clearly good enough. 

Apparently there is a 9 day plan, which will lead to the state funeral on the 10th day, Sunday of next weekend. Part of that plan is for any sporting events being postponed.

I can see cases as to why football should or shouldn't all go ahead as planned.

But I expect postponements will be confirmed by mid Friday.

• Administrator

Two minutes silence and singing national anthem would be enough I think. I don't think games should be postponed. Understand that it may be 'protocol' but don't agree with it. But I'm not a decision-maker for it all so what can I do. 

30 minutes ago, Stan said:

Two minutes silence and singing national anthem would be enough I think. I don't think games should be postponed. Understand that it may be 'protocol' but don't agree with it. But I'm not a decision-maker for it all so what can I do. 

I agree.

Are we just supposed to sit at home and cry all weekend?

• Administrator
36 minutes ago, N U F C said:

I agree.

Are we just supposed to sit at home and cry all weekend?

It is odd that we all have to go to work - shops, cafes, restaurants, banks and other places stay open for now. But it's as if you are now not allowed to enjoy sport and perhaps collectively mourn together but still enjoy what we like to? I wonder if the Queen would have probably wanted it to carry on in her honour, not in spite of her sad loss. 

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

There's a lot more to it. The Met for example will have there own Operation on to cope with the influx of tourism in to the Capital which will make Policing Sporting Events in London very difficult. So I imagine they'll support cancellation when consultated.

cancel the London fixtures then. Let everyone else play :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Stan said:

It is odd that we all have to go to work - shops, cafes, restaurants, banks and other places stay open for now. But it's as if you are now not allowed to enjoy sport and perhaps collectively mourn together but still enjoy what we like to? I wonder if the Queen would have probably wanted it to carry on in her honour, not in spite of her sad loss. 

If we have to go to work today then we should be able to go to the football tomorrow.

3 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

There's a lot more to it. The Met for example will have there own Operation on to cope with the influx of tourism in to the Capital which will make Policing Sporting Events in London very difficult. So I imagine they'll support cancellation when consultated.

@The Palace Fanhas already given the reson why its probably best to postpone games above.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived