talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football Manager 2023

football forum

• Subscriber

I need to get my Pentagon on 22 done before this is out!

On 23 I think I'm going to do another Andorra / Annecy save, aka pick probably the shittest possible side in a big country, I'm thinking something like Verl in Germany.

• 2 weeks later...

The big changes this year are...

- Squad builder page which let's you plan future shape and signings for three seasons.

- No more 30 scout reports to your inbox. You set a demographic of player (ie left footed centre back under 24 over 6ft) and your scouts will narrow down from a big poll to a small list. They'll let you know the players who just missed out too.

- % of scouting knowledge has been removed.

- Improvement to the recruitment meeting.

- More in depth interactions with agents.

- Better defensive shape in game.

- Fanbase can be overwhelmingly more negative during a bad spell.

• 2 weeks later...
  • The topic was pinned

First FM in about five years that I haven't got on BETA release. From the little features that I've seen come through, all look very minimal and looks like a small upgrade on FM22 (which to be fair was good). I'll be getting the full release as it comes out on my birthday, but not feeling the same hype that I normally would.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

They reckon slightly more defensive tactics are more effective on this years but I don't know if that's true or not without playing it. What I realised on 20, 21 and 22 is that there was too little risk from playing attacking football. I'd play a high line virtually everywhere, press more, no defensive roles in midfield etc... and I'd punch above my weight virtually everywhere.

I'll be getting 23 but I've come too far on this pentagon to just leave it now. I could feasibly finish it in the next 2/3 seasons. I'm happy to wait a few weeks.

I have enjoyed the pentagon but I do kind of miss just taking a team from nothing and turning them great over a 15 season period or something. I fancy starting a save in something like the second tier of Holland or third tier of Germany. Maybe take the side expected bottom in those leagues to the Champions League. Just a gradual building process. For example on this pentagon I hardly ever sign under 20s as I just won't be around long enough to reap the benefits - unless they're a world beater.

Edited by Dan

I've done a season with Birmingham. Finished 14th. 

- The squad planner is useful for if you want to leave the save for another save and can't remember what your thought process for selecting players was.

- The director of football is still rubbish. Don't trust him with anything.

- The data hub is pretty cool now and you can personalise it more.

- I haven't really noticed the defensive shape improvements people go on about.

- The manager AI has improved. Its more important to get your three tactics installed in pre season so you can alternate between them all season.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Its more important to get your three tactics installed in pre season so you can alternate between them all season.

Three tactics? I never used more than two. :ph34r:

On 25/10/2022 at 16:41, Dan said:

They reckon slightly more defensive tactics are more effective on this years but I don't know if that's true or not without playing it. What I realised on 20, 21 and 22 is that there was too little risk from playing attacking football. I'd play a high line virtually everywhere, press more, no defensive roles in midfield etc... and I'd punch above my weight virtually everywhere.

I'll be getting 23 but I've come too far on this pentagon to just leave it now. I could feasibly finish it in the next 2/3 seasons. I'm happy to wait a few weeks.

I have enjoyed the pentagon but I do kind of miss just taking a team from nothing and turning them great over a 15 season period or something. I fancy starting a save in something like the second tier of Holland or third tier of Germany. Maybe take the side expected bottom in those leagues to the Champions League. Just a gradual building process. For example on this pentagon I hardly ever sign under 20s as I just won't be around long enough to reap the benefits - unless they're a world beater.

I'm going to finally do 1860 Munich this year. From the third tier to finally ending Bayern's dominance with their little brother.

Slightly biased due to my wife, but managing in Portugal is excellent too - had tons of fun with it in the past.

So yea, I bought this game. Starting yet another save with Fortuna Düsseldorf would be boring, so I'll manage another team that is quite close to where I live! VVV Venlo in Holland's 2nd division. 🤔

19 hours ago, Whiskey said:

£40m.

I know how they came up with that.   we had 40m left presumably which is why we only bid 40m for Maddison.    I think January will show it isn't true, we have just signed Angelo Gabriel for 25m and Mudryk has said he would be interested in a move.   the game should have a performance code that if you do well the board opens up like 100m to let you go nuts.

Quite disappointed with the database so far. I've started a save with Fortuna Düsseldorf after all. The got the director of sports wrong, Jorrit Hendrix who speaks fluent German doesn't speak German at all in the game, and our biggest young talent only has 2 Stars potential. 🥲

• The topic was unpinned