talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Donald Trump

football forum

2 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

The problem is what's a lie? What American media outlets have credibility anymore? 

Also Sweden was in my opinion fairly decent manipulation of the media in my opinion. It's in the American psyche now and he's not far wrong they have massive problems. It reinforced his anti immigration stance and his stance that the media aren't to be trusted. For me that's probably the smartest thing he's done in his press relations so far. There's been the odd car crash but I think most with common sense expect a novice politician to drop the odd clanger. 

A lie would be when he makes a claim he can't provide evidence for and the fact checkers can provide contrary evidence. It happens all the time, It happened 7 times in 1 week last month. There has never been a politician this bad, ever.

The likes of Alex Jones want everyone to think there is a "media" that you can't trust. That's how conspiracy theorists thrive, that's how conspiracy theories work, the idea that any outlet that provides contrary information that might mean you have to amend your world view and theories must be in on something, must be using deception, must be tricking us, must be the co-conspirators. Therefore disregard absolutely everything they say, only listen to infowars.

The other week when Trump made one of his several spying accusations and people asked for evidence Alex Jones's response was to create a video ranting about how NSA does spy on people. We all know that, it is all just deflecting from how incompetent Trump is. 

The majority of the electorate are not politically active, are not paying attention and will simply judge Trump by what they see around them in their everyday life. In the mean time people who are interested have to put up with the reality that the lunatics have taken over the asylum and will shut down any attempts to hold Trump to account.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

His ramblings on twitter and to the media aren't wikileaks. It's him attempting to deflect attention and it's failing. Miserably.

That's fair enough I was just pointing out that it was Wikileaks that started that ball rolling. 

21 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

A lie would be when he makes a claim he can't provide evidence for and the fact checkers can provide contrary evidence. It happens all the time, It happened 7 times in 1 week last month. There has never been a politician this bad, ever.

The likes of Alex Jones want everyone to think there is a "media" that you can't trust. That's how conspiracy theorists thrive, that's how conspiracy theories work, the idea that any outlet that provides contrary information that might mean you have to amend your world view and theories must be in on something, must be using deception, must be tricking us, must be the co-conspirators. Therefore disregard absolutely everything they say, only listen to infowars.

The other week when Trump made one of his several spying accusations and people asked for evidence Alex Jones's response was to create a video ranting about how NSA does spy on people. We all know that, it is all just deflecting from how incompetent Trump is. 

The majority of the electorate are not politically active, are not paying attention and will simply judge Trump by what they see around them in their everyday life. In the mean time people who are interested have to put up with the reality that the lunatics have taken over the asylum and will shut down any attempts to hold Trump to account.

I'm not listening to Alex Jones, I give it the occasional listen but most of his evidence is subversive tactics or his word. I do still put creedance in what Wikileaks say though, they've earned that respect from me. And the glut oozing out of them regarding the CIA & NSA regarding spying suggests that maybe there's something in it. And that Mr Jones is onto something with a war for control behind the scenes.

I certainly wouldn't be surprised if counter factions are leaking to attack the others. American politics has been sold out lock stock and barrel for so long to various special interests that any threat to that will always be met with resistance. The take down of Flynn blatantly showed there's a power struggle going on. I think Alex Jones will just be recycling what is fairly obvious but he's delivering it as if his personal take is fact. The key to Alex Jones is listen with a pinch of salt, he may be kinda correct but he's also kinda wrong to. 

Trump seems to latch onto what Wikileaks say two or three days after as it helps him deflect awkward questions (some of which are undoubtedly put forth by opposing agents within the government machine) I rather suspect a lot of it will be news to him as Wikileaks leak it. It's working for him so far so he'll keep mining that get out clause. 

My personal view now based on my gut feeling is that Trump is a bit of a patsy when it comes to the war within, I now think it's Bannon pulling strings and they're at war with deep state powers. I do think for better or worse that people behind Trump i.e. Bannon are reforming characters. Whether this is good or bad we'll have to wait and see. At the minute the "deep state" (to use Alex Jones words) I know to be bad simply because they've had power and they've a history of being cunts. Trump & co are very much still a case of jury's out. However I suspect if they're genuinely trying to improve things they'll improve things for themselves first. 

The Michael Flynn thing doesn't show a power struggle. The Michael Flynn resignation was some smoke behind the Russian fire. Which is now pouring out of the White House and into Congress - it looks like at least some ranking Republicans were also colluding with a foreign power. Radical far right weirdos will tell you this is okay, it doesn't matter the leader of the free world's democracy was subverted by a dictator that has foreign interests opposed to Western interests.

Do not listen to these far right extremists weirdos.

9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The Michael Flynn thing doesn't show a power struggle. The Michael Flynn resignation was some smoke behind the Russian fire. Which is now pouring out of the White House and into Congress - it looks like at least some ranking Republicans were also colluding with a foreign power. Radical far right weirdos will tell you this is okay, it doesn't matter the leader of the free world's democracy was subverted by a dictator that has foreign interests opposed to Western interests.

Do not listen to these far right extremists weirdos.

lg81v.jpg

This healthcare outcome is bad for trump and bad for republicans in terms of meeting their donors wishes but its best for the people and even for GOP reelection chances since the plan was so unpopular. 

Next up is tax reform and that will be even harder to get through. Fiscal conservatives are all for huge tax cuts that benefit the rich but they demand completely impossible spending cuts and a balanced budget to do so. 

50 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Jean Claude Drunker EU President said in a speech that if Trump carries on encouraging countries to leave the EU then he will campaign for Ohio and Texas to break away from the US. He didn't say it in a joking manner either.

xD

He could probably get a good movement for California succession tbh. A fair amount here are pissed off that California has a huge population, yet goes so late in the primary process their selection for a candidate is generally symbolic more than anything else. There are also a huge number pissed off about the electoral college giving smaller states effectively a larger voice in presidential elections.

Having said that, there are questions about the group most prominently advocating for California succession and their ties to Russia (bottom half of this article: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/california-is-a-nation-not-a-state-a-fringe-movement-wants-a-break-from-the-us/2017/02/18/ed85671c-f567-11e6-8d72-263470bf0401_story.html) and when you consider people like Igor Panarin (Russian political scientist, information warfare expert, and Putin advisor) predicting the break up of the United States and are concerned about Russia's interference in western politics, and this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foundations_of_Geopolitics )... that might be something the EU doesn't want to encourage if they don't want the current world order to unravel.

I find it really weird that people that don't even live in America get so worked up about the politics. 'OMG healthcare repeal', lol fuck off, it doesn't even affect you.

I'd wager Trump is a lot smarter than a lot of you believe. There is no way that his media personality isn't completely premeditated, he was on reality TV for years and he created a 'boss character' that drew in the viewers and people loved it. His 'character' is as carefully designed as Obama's 'cooler than all the other presidents, he is totally like us!'.  'B-but he says stupid things on the TV', yeah and everything he says is cross referenced and analysed by thousands of people. I bet if the same was true for all of our posts on this forum, a lot of us would be drawn as idiots. 

What I'm most critical of his cronyism and his ambiguity concerning his businesses. 

8 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Michael Flynn has offered to testify to the FBI in exchange for immunity.

This will make a good film one day.

That's the second attempt this month to say this by the fake news cabal. The latest attempt by the WSJ has been denied by both R's & D's spokesman for the house and his lawyer has released the following:

IMG_1960.JPG

It's gotten that ridiculous that you can't really pass comment accurately on the Trump administration without allowing a few days for a story to prove itself now. 

14 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He could probably get a good movement for California succession tbh. A fair amount here are pissed off that California has a huge population, yet goes so late in the primary process their selection for a candidate is generally symbolic more than anything else. There are also a huge number pissed off about the electoral college giving smaller states effectively a larger voice in presidential elections.

Having said that, there are questions about the group most prominently advocating for California succession and their ties to Russia (bottom half of this article: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/california-is-a-nation-not-a-state-a-fringe-movement-wants-a-break-from-the-us/2017/02/18/ed85671c-f567-11e6-8d72-263470bf0401_story.html) and when you consider people like Igor Panarin (Russian political scientist, information warfare expert, and Putin advisor) predicting the break up of the United States and are concerned about Russia's interference in western politics, and this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foundations_of_Geopolitics )... that might be something the EU doesn't want to encourage if they don't want the current world order to unravel.

What does California have in common with wyoming? They both have 2 senators in the legislature despite the 100 times population difference. 

14 hours ago, Spike said:

I find it really weird that people that don't even live in America get so worked up about the politics. 'OMG healthcare repeal', lol fuck off, it doesn't even affect you.

I'd wager Trump is a lot smarter than a lot of you believe. There is no way that his media personality isn't completely premeditated, he was on reality TV for years and he created a 'boss character' that drew in the viewers and people loved it. His 'character' is as carefully designed as Obama's 'cooler than all the other presidents, he is totally like us!'.  'B-but he says stupid things on the TV', yeah and everything he says is cross referenced and analysed by thousands of people. I bet if the same was true for all of our posts on this forum, a lot of us would be drawn as idiots. 

What I'm most critical of his cronyism and his ambiguity concerning his businesses. 

Two reasons.

1. The US is the most prominent country in the world and there is currently a bigger divide on foreign policy between the major parties than there has been in years.  There is more at stake for other countries than usual. 

2. The success of the conservative side of politics in the US sets the agenda for conservatives in the rest of the world. In many ways we follow their lead. Their liberal side of politics lags behind the rest of the world but they are ahead off the curve on the right. 

21 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

That's the second attempt this month to say this by the fake news cabal. The latest attempt by the WSJ has been denied by both R's & D's spokesman for the house and his lawyer has released the following:

IMG_1960.JPG

It's gotten that ridiculous that you can't really pass comment accurately on the Trump administration without allowing a few days for a story to prove itself now. 

That legal statement does not actually deny the allegation. They essentially don't comment on it but then explain there is a highly politically charged atmosphere right now and they would be foolish not to seek some assurances about unfair prosecution...

The wall street journal are still running with the story which is telling i.m.o. The WSJ is not fake news. 

3 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

IMG_1960.JPG

Sorry but if you read that letter it doesn't deny that he's made the offer to talk in exchange for immunity. The letter is his lawyer explaining WHY he is trying to get immunity and stating it's not fair to presume Flynn's guilt here. The reason for this is probably because during the campaign Flynn said people who ask for immunity are criminals.

Nice attempt at gaslighting though.

2 hours ago, Harry said:

The wall street journal are still running with the story which is telling i.m.o. The WSJ is not fake news. 

Nor are NYT, WaPo, or the BBC - doesn't mean they won't be smeared as fake news though...

The alt-right would rather have us read Breitbart and watch RT.

14 hours ago, Harry said:

That legal statement does not actually deny the allegation. They essentially don't comment on it but then explain there is a highly politically charged atmosphere right now and they would be foolish not to seek some assurances about unfair prosecution...

The WSJ literally torched their reputation the other day with the hatchet job they did on that Youtuber, they've also had their arse handed to them over it. 

Onto that letter it doesn't add weight to the accusation either it's mostly legal jargon and opening sparing from a lawyer. The WSJ have maybe been given an inch and took a yard. The fact you're giving creedance to them putting a spin on it that reinforces their anti administration narrative is why they're doing it and why their reputation is in the toilet. 

12 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Sorry but if you read that letter it doesn't deny that he's made the offer to talk in exchange for immunity. The letter is his lawyer explaining WHY he is trying to get immunity and stating it's not fair to presume Flynn's guilt here. The reason for this is probably because during the campaign Flynn said people who ask for immunity are criminals.

Nice attempt at gaslighting though.

I'm not gaslighting just mearly posting a letter that came out on the topic. I pretty much stand by what I said in my initial post you need to give 3-4 days to allow for proving at the moment such is the level of diss-information in the US media. 

12 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Nor are NYT, WaPo, or the BBC - doesn't mean they won't be smeared as fake news though...

The alt-right would rather have us read Breitbart and watch RT.

God I did laugh, they've all been guilty of pushing bull sholit stories since his election every single one and that includes Briebart & RT. It's not a case of Right v left media anymore, it's truth vs bullshit. 

The blatent lies and selective covering for Clinton, the smear about the Russian's and hatchet job they do on individuals they Percieve as Alt right has got them to the point we're at where their credibility is garbage. 

Do do people seriously believe Trump is a Russian plant? I can't believe that some do surely not 

• The title was changed to Donald Trump

Archived