talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Donald Trump

football forum

On 07/02/2020 at 17:01, Harry said:

Trump now purging all those who testified at his impeachment hearing. Gordon Sondland (who testified under asubpoena) recalled as ambassador. Colonel vindman and his brother both terminated.

Did Vindman's brother testify? Or was his offense being related to someone who testified?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator
4 hours ago, Harry said:

Unbelievable.

Burr did the same apparently.

They lied about the virus to sell their stock, buy more to protect their money and then let people know the real deal about the virus.

People's deaths could have been avoided in America at least if they were upfront. We talk about selfish people stock-piling/hoarding but what these politicians have done is on a similar level too. Heinous crimes and corruption and I bet they won't bat an eyelid as long as their bank balance is protected. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Burr did the same apparently.

They lied about the virus to sell their stock, buy more to protect their money and then let people know the real deal about the virus.

People's deaths could have been avoided in America at least if they were upfront. We talk about selfish people stock-piling/hoarding but what these politicians have done is on a similar level too. Heinous crimes and corruption and I bet they won't bat an eyelid as long as their bank balance is protected. 

Insider trading is appalling but the alignment with the initial downplaying it for a few weeks (corresponding the proof during which shares were sold) followed by fully embracing panic mode later is the worst level of low.

The initial scepticism directly contributed to the complacency that now sees corona so widespread in the US and amounts to personally profiting from the deaths of your own constituents.

11 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Lunatic 

It's unfortunate that more trump supporters don't watch his media appearances.

There's been a push for networks to stop televising these daily briefings as they provide incorrect information and don't seem to do much but cause further confusion.

It's unbelievable to think this is the man Americans need to turn to.

Our current PM just gave a press conference that all networks cut live to to make major announcements, and I was hanging on his every word. It was a very human delivery and exuded competence. I just cannot fathom how much more worried I would be if trump was the one on our podium.

2 hours ago, Harry said:

It's unfortunate that more trump supporters don't watch his media appearances.

There's been a push for networks to stop televising these daily briefings as they provide incorrect information and don't seem to do much but cause further confusion.

It's unbelievable to think this is the man Americans need to turn to.

Our current PM just gave a press conference that all networks cut live to to make major announcements, and I was hanging on his every word. It was a very human delivery and exuded competence. I just cannot fathom how much more worried I would be if trump was the one on our podium.

In California it’s easy. You just ignore the federal government as much as you can and listen to the state’s governor in times of crisis like these. It’s gotta be a bit shit if you’re not in New York or California, but that’s just what America is now.

Interesting thing is despite telling some people exactly what they want to hear trump has the lowest approval rating of any president since the records began in the 1930s. 

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Interesting thing is despite telling some people exactly what they want to hear trump has the lowest approval rating of any president since the records began in the 1930s. 

Thank god. Somehow he had a brief approval bump after he bungled this coronavirus response.

Anyone who voted for him that isn’t incredibly rich has to be a total moron or an absolute racist. I genuinely think his supporters are the worst people in the western world

He is good for comedy value at times....but that isn’t what you should be saying about the president of the USA. 

Americans who voted this guy in, and continue to support him are just the worst kind of people. 

14 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Thank god. Somehow he had a brief approval bump after he bungled this coronavirus response.

Anyone who voted for him that isn’t incredibly rich has to be a total moron or an absolute racist. I genuinely think his supporters are the worst people in the western world

The ones in Australia who think he's good are for the most part the kind of people I despise. Pig ignorant, with a shorter attention span than trump. Sick of political correctness to the point they'd almost accept any action against it. Reveling and emboldened in the fact an incompetent has made it to the most powerful job in the world and is teaching society a lesson. Seeing their own selves as validated to be free and say and do whatever they please.

2 hours ago, Harry said:

The ones in Australia who think he's good are for the most part the kind of people I despise. Pig ignorant, with a shorter attention span than trump. Sick of political correctness to the point they'd almost accept any action against it. Reveling and emboldened in the fact an incompetent has made it to the most powerful job in the world and is teaching society a lesson. See it as a good thing that he's going with his gut instead of listening to experts. Seeing their own selves do the same and as being validated to be free and say and do whatever they please.

They’re the same throughout the west. He is the ultimate politician for our dumbest of cunts, because he’s one of them

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Jesus.

He's a joke. He's using these press conferences as campaign events and then is indignant when reporters try to steer him back to informing the nation about the US's status on the coronavirus.

This virus has really exposed some big political flaws with the United States and really underscores why some people truly hate the Federal government and think it's utterly wasteful. The US's government's response to this has been pretty ineffective, individual states were the ones to decide whether to close down or not before the US said anything about shutting down (and after heavily criticising those states that did make the decision to close down after seeing evidence of community spread).

State governments have really stepped up to the plate in the United States... well... some of them. And others haven't. It's probably going to cause massive problems when some states start recovering from the virus and gradually ease up on movement and distancing restrictions and people from locked down states decide "fuck it, let's go to an open state where cities are operating normally." But I'm thankful I'm in a state where a governor acted relatively early on, so while it's the most populated state, it's projected to "bend the curve" in a way other states haven't really been able to do.

Before this crisis, the divisions in the "United" states were pretty stark. I think they're much more obvious now.

40 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Is this a step towards the complete dissolution of United Nations all together? 

No?

Maybe the United States, but even if the US doesn't house the UN headquarters, they've got other places that could be used as the headquarters. One country unraveling doesn't mean the UN stops - we've seen that with the USSR's dissolution.

But what we've seen is a rapid erosion in the faith of the US's federal government. I've only been in the US for a few years of Obama and then Trump, so I don't know if this is normal (I never experienced the US under George Bush)... but compared to the Obama era, where people living in the US didn't get a daily dose of WTF material from their federal government, this shite seems completely abnormal. You'd never have a headline like this from any governor under Obama.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/politics/2020/4/14/21221561/pritzker-covid-19-help-trump-coronavirus-ppe-ventilators-testing-coronavirus - a governor giving up on getting help from the US government during a global pandemic in the country with the highest number of cases. And you can't really blame him, considering the US government was selling off it's national stockpile to corporations who were then selling these items to the states... creating a middle man in a time where states are desperate for vital medical supplies.

Illinois and New York should join the pact between California, Washington and Oregon on how to best respond to the crisis. Seems like states working together is the best way to get as close to a unified national response to coronavirus in the US as possible - even though some states will just refuse to take the disease seriously (like Florida declaring WWE essential).

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, CityTheBest said:

I do think Trump has been a disaster in the US. As soon as he came and fumbled over his acceptance speech with about five people all of those protestors I knew he wouldn't make a great president. I rate him below average. The trouble is, Bernie Snders was smighted by Hillary which was a fix to get the extsablished voice heard over the outsider. The Democratic party has been nothing short of a joke since Obama. They don't listen to the people and what they want, they just go for the established media oracle that will keep the money men rich. Remember the money men wanted Hillary over Obama and tried despertaly to get her to win the primaries but Obama managed to beat her in 2008 and the rest is history as they say. Trump facing Hillary who was considered the establishments oracle had a lot of Bernie supports going to vote for Trump to stop Hillary becoming president. Its like if your football loses a SF and you suddenly hate the victors and want them to lose in the final only in election you acutally affect the result with your vote. I think Trump has been a disaster first and formost, he simply isn't a leader, he's a media personality playing at being a president and is in well above his head. You don't  want a captain of the ship that doesn't have a clue and cares more about twitter when the ship is sinking. He's not a disaster president but his presidancy is a disaster.

As for the election, I can't belive the Democrats have chose Biden who is 77 to go against Trump. Where are the younger people? Women? The democrats are once again falling into the trap of thinking they need a big name, the trouble is that big name is pro establishment and against what the core democratic voters want. I sadly can only see another Trump win in the election, he might not win NY or California but the Alabama's, Utah's, etc are going Trumps way. There's just simply too many pro Trump states in the US for him not to win and he's not against someone with energy and momentum to win those states over like Obama in 2008.

I just hope in the next five years President Trump doesn't do anything drastic, something which the whole world will face the consequnces for years to come. We are still facing the consequences of Geroge Bush and Tony Blair's war in the middle east. Remember Tony Blair interfeering with Kosovo in the late 90's? He's treated like an hero there, so many people in Kosovo with the given name "Toniblair". He thought that the middle east after 9/11 would be the same but it wasn't and it caused countless  death and destruction to societies. Hopefully Trump, despite his apperent ineptitude and lack of empathy realises that he needs to take his troops out of foreign lands and stop trying to asert western dominance where it isn't wanted.

You do realise how old Trump is, right?

Quite young at 73...

As for wishing Trump doesn't do anything drastic. Good luck with that...

• The title was changed to Donald Trump

Archived