The better place to talk football.

Donald Trump

football forum

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
3 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

You can always count on Americans to do the right thing...……. After they have tried everything else!

I'm surprised the calls were made! As if there's an air of caution that someone utterly stupid and bizarre has said something utterly stupid and bizarre. 

Oh, let me just ring the hospital just incase xD

3 hours ago, Harvsky said:

Trump started a chain of events. He made a recommendation to chug a bottle of bleach, "in sort of a cleaning". Giving credibility to the concept of bleach drinking in the eyes of many tin foil hatsters .

Then Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden started telling those same people NOT to drink bleach.... Now I'm not expert but if those two are telling me not to do it then not only must bleach be a cure, but it must also give me some secret Illuminati knowledge....

If only it weren't in shortage at the moment because it's also handy on surfaces

Apparently the route of bleach drinking comes from "healing churches" who have been promoting it to cure cancer in the last couple of years. Trump possibly getting it from those circles or being aware of the bleach idea from those circles.

32 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Apparently the route of bleach drinking comes from "healing churches" who have been promoting it to cure cancer in the last couple of years. Trump possibly getting it from those circles or being aware of the bleach idea from those circles.

2 hours ago, Harvsky said:

This video is worth a look. First two minutes is the medical briefing given during the press conference talking about UV light and disinfectants killing the virus in saliva. Had been given to trump privately where he made his innane suggestions and then amazingly repeated them to the world.

• Subscriber

I thought it was a slightly odd strategy from Trump to encourage the knuckle heads likely to vote him back into power to protest against the lockdown and ignore the advice risking them becoming victims of the coronavirus. That was nothing compared to encouraging them to inject themselves with disinfectant.

How lost do you have to be as a human being to vote for this man to run the country again? Like seriously? It's beyond parody.

23 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I thought it was a slightly odd strategy from Trump to encourage the knuckle heads likely to vote him back into power to protest against the lockdown and ignore the advice risking them becoming victims of the coronavirus. That was nothing compared to encouraging them to inject themselves with disinfectant.

How lost do you have to be as a human being to vote for this man to run the country again? Like seriously? It's beyond parody.

He didn't suggest other people do it. He suggested it to the medical community as an idea they might want to look into.

I think Biden has a very good chance. Appeals way more to the moderate/centrists than Bernie ever did.

Trump continues this path of sheer stupidity and self righteousness, more and more of those moderate republicans will look towards Biden.  

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

I think Biden has a very good chance. Appeals way more to the moderate/centrists than Bernie ever did.

Trump continues this path of sheer stupidity and self righteousness, more and more of those moderate republicans will look towards Biden.  

Is the only difference that people are dying now and there’s no real national response to the pandemic? Because it’s not like his presidency has ever veered off the course of sheer stupidity & self-righteousness, yet he remained popular with most Republicans.

Even now his approval is high among republicans, although more “independents” are ditching him.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Is the only difference that people are dying now and there’s no real national response to the pandemic? Because it’s not like his presidency has ever veered off the course of sheer stupidity & self-righteousness, yet he remained popular with most Republicans.

Even now his approval is high among republicans, although more “independents” are ditching him.

I’d say that and Biden’s inevitable marketing campaign exposing how Trump handled this whole pandemic. He’s absolutely got him there. Biden also isn’t Bernie. 

38 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I’d say that and Biden’s inevitable marketing campaign exposing how Trump handled this whole pandemic. He’s absolutely got him there. Biden also isn’t Bernie. 

Yeah Biden’s very moderate, to the point where he’s probably what a Republican was back in the 90s. So he’s probably much more appealing to middle America, unfortunately.

A best case scenario would be the GOP getting decimated and the democrats breaking into 2 parties along the factions in the democrats. It’ll never happen, because the GOP will never die with their media outlets, but the GOP just seems so far gone. And now they’ve got a trend of overseeing financial collapses for their successor to try to clean up before the country elects another arsehole to give out more corporate handouts

11 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah Biden’s very moderate, to the point where he’s probably what a Republican was back in the 90s. So he’s probably much more appealing to middle America, unfortunately.

A best case scenario would be the GOP getting decimated and the democrats breaking into 2 parties along the factions in the democrats. It’ll never happen, because the GOP will never die with their media outlets, but the GOP just seems so far gone. And now they’ve got a trend of overseeing financial collapses for their successor to try to clean up before the country elects another arsehole to give out more corporate handouts

I find your take on Biden surprising. In what way to you see him as so far too the right that ideologically he's not a fit for the democratic party?

To me they all seem reasonably aligned ideologically they only differ between having pragmatic and idealistic approaches. 

33 minutes ago, Harry said:

I find your take on Biden surprising. In what way to you see him as so far too the right that ideologically he's not a fit for the democratic party?

To me they all seem reasonably aligned ideologically they only differ between having pragmatic and idealistic approaches. 

When you read about Republican policies from the 90s and compare it to Biden’s policy positions it’s just not that far off. The GOP shifted more to the right, and many moderate dems followed them a bit.

I also think both parties, for the most part; in America are pretty right wing. The moderate Dems are closest to Tories rather than their GOP equivalents, I think the US is a very right leaning place compared to the UK tbh - so for me American politics in the “centre” all just strikes me as very samey. For instance, I don’t think Biden and Romney are much different from each other.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

When you read about Republican policies from the 90s and compare it to Biden’s policy positions it’s just not that far off. The GOP shifted more to the right, and many moderate dems followed them a bit.

I also think both parties, for the most part; in America are pretty right wing. The moderate Dems are closest to Tories rather than their GOP equivalents, I think the US is a very right leaning place compared to the UK tbh - so for me American politics in the “centre” all just strikes me as very samey. For instance, I don’t think Biden and Romney are much different from each other.

Agree they are in lanes of their party that should be capable of occasional bipartisanship but relative to most current enacted policy they would be pulling in different directions.

Romney would appoint conservative justices, that promote court outcomes that roll back row vs wade, or reduce regulations on environment or campaign finance law, protect gerrymandering, etc.

Biden would pick those that try to preserve a women's right to choose, limit corporate tax avoidance, reduce firearm proliferation. Ultimately he'd oil the courts in a direction that then won't overturn the policy positions a more strongly left wing politician like Warren might take in the future.

5 hours ago, Harry said:

Agree they are in lanes of their party that should be capable of occasional bipartisanship but relative to most current enacted policy they would be pulling in different directions.

Romney would appoint conservative justices, that promote court outcomes that roll back row vs wade, or reduce regulations on environment or campaign finance law, protect gerrymandering, etc.

Biden would pick those that try to preserve a women's right to choose, limit corporate tax avoidance, reduce firearm proliferation. Ultimately he'd oil the courts in a direction that then won't overturn the policy positions a more strongly left wing politician like Warren might take in the future.

I think a Romney and Biden have more in common ideologically than say Biden or Warren/Bernie. I’m not convinced that Biden would appoint anything other than a moderate judge either. Apparently he’s a big reason why Thomas is on the court.

Again the way I see it is the American right has gotten far too extreme and if their party ever stops being viable (which it won’t, it’ll just get pushed to more extremes), there is still a place for moderate conservatives in the Democratic Party. Hell, there’s a place for conservatives generally in the Democratic Party generally.

But I do think the progressive wing should one day split off and go it’s own way. But because it’s America and the system only supports 2 people, that’s not a great idea unless somehow the GOP are made extinct. Tbh I think they should be, but the American electorate is made up of people I don’t understand at all and probably never will.

29 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think a Romney and Biden have more in common ideologically than say Biden or Warren/Bernie. I’m not convinced that Biden would appoint anything other than a moderate judge either. Apparently he’s a big reason why Thomas is on the court.

Again the way I see it is the American right has gotten far too extreme and if their party ever stops being viable (which it won’t, it’ll just get pushed to more extremes), there is still a place for moderate conservatives in the Democratic Party. Hell, there’s a place for conservatives generally in the Democratic Party generally.

But I do think the progressive wing should one day split off and go it’s own way. But because it’s America and the system only supports 2 people, that’s not a great idea unless somehow the GOP are made extinct. Tbh I think they should be, but the American electorate is made up of people I don’t understand at all and probably never will.

Yeah a preferential voting system would open it up in a big way.

• The title was changed to Donald Trump

Archived