The better place to talk football.

Donald Trump

football forum

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Stick With Azeem said:

Saw a video of Trump saying kidney has a special place in the heart :ay:

I didn't even click that story... It just screamed "opportunity to make you feel safe by confirming your worst beliefs of Trump...

I love the recent one of Trump talking about airports during the US Civil War. :dam:

But don’t tell the fantasists that this is bullshit or a sign of the stupidity from the idiot. You’re just a hater. 

He told a few freshmen Congressmen to “go back to their countries” - while AOC’s family has been in America for longer than Trump’s family has xD - guess it’s because of their skin color probably, considering his immigrant wife who illegally stayed past her visa...

Theresa May has condemned the comments as unacceptable. If you’re too racist for the Tories, then holy shit you are very fucking racist

10 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He told a few freshmen Congressmen to “go back to their countries” - while AOC’s family has been in America for longer than Trump’s family has xD - guess it’s because of their skin color probably, considering his immigrant wife who illegally stayed past her visa...

Theresa May has condemned the comments as unacceptable. If you’re too racist for the Tories, then holy shit you are very fucking racist

Considering Theresa May is a champion at trying to expel immigrants that have been here decades, it’s hilarious that she’s made that comment.

If they go back far enough to tell people to leave in the US, there won’t be anyone left except for the native indians. 

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Considering Theresa May is a champion at trying to expel immigrants that have been here decades, it’s hilarious that she’s made that comment.

If they go back far enough to tell people to leave in the US, there won’t be anyone left except for the native indians. 

I think Trump and those that back him don't actually care how long immigrants have been in America (after all, Trump's wife is an immigrant). They're more concerned with immigrants that aren't white. Many Americans are proud of their immigrant heritage, they say stuff like "I'm Italian-American," "I'm Irish-American," "German-American," "Polish-American" - the Irish ones usually drop the American part and just say they're Irish though (and then I tell them they aren't Irish because they're not Irish and I'm probably more Irish than them and that usually pisses people off xD)

And yeah, it's literally a country run by decedents of immigrants and the native population is a marginalised minority

The United States of America is literally built on racism. I'm getting a bit sick of these Americans going on about how awful Trump is when he is the absolute epitome of America, he's not out of keeping with American history he IS American history. Awful country and awful people in general.

1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

The United States of America is literally built on racism. I'm getting a bit sick of these Americans going on about how awful Trump is when he is the absolute epitome of America, he's not out of keeping with American history he IS American history. Awful country and awful people in general.

Sweeping generalisations are stupid and holding people responsible for the sins of their ancestors is probably even more stupid. It's a large country with a diverse population that doesn't have one consensus view and like every country, it's societal norms have evolved over time. And I doubt you'd find a country that doesn't have a pretty dark side in it's history. People, regardless of where they're from, are capable of being very shitty to each other.

But people acting like Trump is the end-all-be-all of the problems with American politics are very wrong and people need to recognise that Trump is just a symptom of the problem in American politics, and not the disease itself.

34 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think Trump and those that back him don't actually care how long immigrants have been in America (after all, Trump's wife is an immigrant). They're more concerned with immigrants that aren't white. Many Americans are proud of their immigrant heritage, they say stuff like "I'm Italian-American," "I'm Irish-American," "German-American," "Polish-American" - the Irish ones usually drop the American part and just say they're Irish though (and then I tell them they aren't Irish because they're not Irish and I'm probably more Irish than them and that usually pisses people off xD)

And yeah, it's literally a country run by decedents of immigrants and the native population is a marginalised minority

Not wrong there on all fronts with my experience of the US and you’re even more in-tune with it all by living there.

I was talking to a Brazilian the other day who before he came to London (he’s now the manager of a Michelin Star restaurant) he lived in New York and all fine there (for most of his childhood with his mother) and then moved for a brief period to Florida. The anecdotes he gave me of living in Florida left me shocked to say the least. He is slightly brown skinned but not a lot and is part native American and part Italian from this father’s side which is why he has been permitted to pursue his future in Europe (not for long in new racist UK though)...

He told me of being chased by jeeps into the outskirts of where he lived by red-neck youngsters at gun point and he was once tied to a tree where while drunk a bunch of men threw knives to prove to one another (“banter”) that they could handle their alcohol.

When I quizzed him on why he didn’t go to the police, he looked at me in amazement like I was either being an idiot or extremely innocent. He told me that wasn’t an option as over there he was a piece of shit. Those were his words.

38 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Sweeping generalisations are stupid and holding people responsible for the sins of their ancestors is probably even more stupid. It's a large country with a diverse population that doesn't have one consensus view and like every country, it's societal norms have evolved over time. And I doubt you'd find a country that doesn't have a pretty dark side in it's history. People, regardless of where they're from, are capable of being very shitty to each other.

But people acting like Trump is the end-all-be-all of the problems with American politics are very wrong and people need to recognise that Trump is just a symptom of the problem in American politics, and not the disease itself.

Perhaps but not one so proud of it. The Slave Trade is on a par with the Holocaust in terms of pure unadulterated damage to humanity yet the American barely acknowledge it. America is a fundamentally racist country and was built upon that racism. Americans don't like the cold truth, a more obnoxious culture you will not find.

Before you say it, Britain has an appalling history too but America has it at is absolute heart and made it what it is. Country of 'freedom' fuck off, the United States of America has done as much to destroy freedom as any nation on earth.

47 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Yet - we've had a black president that was elected TWICE, and is regarded as one of the greatest presidents in the past 30 years by a lot of Americans.

How did you come to the viewpoint that we are an awful country full of mostly awful people?

34 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Not wrong there on all fronts with my experience of the US and you’re even more in-tune with it all by living there.

I was talking to a Brazilian the other day who before he came to London (he’s now the manager of a Michelin Star restaurant) he lived in New York and all fine there (for most of his childhood with his mother) and then moved for a brief period to Florida. The anecdotes he gave me of living in Florida left me shocked to say the least. He is slightly brown skinned but not a lot and is part native American and part Italian from this father’s side which is why he has been permitted to pursue his future in Europe (not for long in new racist UK though)...

He told me of being chased by jeeps into the outskirts of where he lived by red-neck youngsters at gun point and he was once tied to a tree where while drunk a bunch of men threw knives to prove to one another (“banter”) that they could handle their alcohol.

When I quizzed him on why he didn’t go to the police, he looked at me in amazement like I was either being an idiot or extremely innocent. He told me that wasn’t an option as over there he was a piece of shit. Those were his words.

Yeah I'd hate to be non-white in the South, tbh.

3 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Perhaps but not one so proud of it. The Slave Trade is on a par with the Holocaust in terms of pure unadulterated damage to humanity yet the American barely acknowledge it. America is a fundamentally racist country and was built upon that racism. Americans don't like the cold truth, a more obnoxious culture you will not find.

Before you say it, Britain has an appalling history too but America has it at is absolute heart and made it what it is.

How many Americans do you actually know? America has deep problems with racism, but it's not true that Americans barely acknowledge slavery. Each state is pretty different and basically a mini-country on it's own. That includes each state's own culture. And even different parts of different states have completely different cultures. I think that makes "American culture' hard to define and I think these sweeping generalisations aren't a good look, especially if you agree the US president's sweeping generalisations regarding national origins is wrong...

8 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Before you say it, Britain has an appalling history too but America has it at is absolute heart and made it what it is. Country of 'freedom' fuck off, the United States of America has done as much to destroy freedom as any nation on earth.

Again, I'll point out how did you come to this conclusion? 

We are an absolute free country to come in live in. You can say and do just about anything in this country and have zero legal ramifications. You can be whatever religion you wish as long as it doesn't harm others. Hell, you can chose what gender you want to be without any ramifications legally. 

Now, each action, can have a re-action, but that's not the governments part, the government is to make sure that we are safe and free, two things the USA does quite well I'd say. 

10 minutes ago, Eco said:

Yet - we've had a black president that was elected TWICE, and is regarded as one of the greatest presidents in the past 30 years by a lot of Americans.

How did you come to the viewpoint that we are an awful country full of mostly awful people?

Yet you’ve achieved the antithesis of Obama with Trump and it wouldn’t be a shock if he won a second term. There are big big problems in the US with this issue mate but you’re not alone and we’re catching up. No wonder we apparently want your bleached chickens and a special relationship.

21 minutes ago, Eco said:

If you don't know why I believe America is built on racism then I can't help you, that says all I need to say about Americans and their sense of self.

21 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah I'd hate to be non-white in the South, tbh.

How many Americans do you actually know? America has deep problems with racism, but it's not true that Americans barely acknowledge slavery. Each state is pretty different and basically a mini-country on it's own. That includes each state's own culture. And even different parts of different states have completely different cultures. I think that makes "American culture' hard to define and I think these sweeping generalisations aren't a good look, especially if you agree the US president's sweeping generalisations regarding national origins is wrong...

Arrogant Americans have the audacity to talk about being a place of liberty when the very document they hold so dear was written when half the populace or more was enslaved. They've involve themselves in so many different countries, toppling democratically elected leaders in Iran and helped to destabilise many other countries. It's American's smug sense that they are 'good' which winds me up. They're hated by most people across Europe because of their obnoxious behaviour when they come to Europe and rightly so.

The least stoic, self-aware people on earth and it stems from their abhorrent culture of selfish greed.

10 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Yet you’ve achieved the antithesis of Obama with Trump and it wouldn’t be a shock if he won a second term. There are big big problems in the US with this issue mate but you’re not alone and we’re catching up. No wonder we apparently want your bleached chickens and a special relationship.

Yeah - so I try to stay out of this as there are a couple things going on, and typically I don't enjoy discussing politics online, as it usually turns into MASSIVE over generalizations which aren't far by any stretch of the imagination. 

With the two party system we have here, all the Dems need to do to defeat Trump is to have a clear, one or two candidates, who have a clean record, are smart, good speakers, and are likable. Instead, they have 20+ candidates that seem to spend more time bashing Trump than they do by making this country better. 

I don't like Trump personally. I think his twitter account makes us look awful, but somehow, someway, our economy is better than ever and growing. The border camps are awful, which I really think might be his undoing if anyone can lead the Dems. 

3 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

If you don't know why I believe America is built on racism then I can't help you, that says all I need to say about Americans and their sense of self.

No - you aren't reading what I'm saying. Was American deep into slavery? Absolutely...but the strides we have made to move forward have been promising is some areas of the country, and certainly lacking in others. I see this as no different than the European countries I have visited so often. You are speaking on past, and I'm not refuting that, but what I'm focusing on, as should most human beings and countries, is progress and always trying to improve the standard of living for everyone. 

Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

Arrogant Americans have the audacity to talk about being a place of liberty when the very document they hold so dear was written when half the populace or more was enslaved. They've involve themselves in so many different countries, toppling democratically elected leaders in Iran and helped to destabilise many other countries. It's American's smug sense that they are 'good' which winds me up. They're hated by most people across Europe because of their obnoxious behaviour when they come to Europe and rightly so.

Again, you are focused on our past. Do you constantly believe that all Germans are bad because of the Nazi party? 

I have never said we are better, or more entitled than other countries, because it's foolish to think that. We have, for some time, considered ourselves 'World Police', which I'm not a fan of, but I do think countries that are capable, should certainly help out those that aren't in times of atrocities and need. Iran is no different, as they have a very tipsy-turvy relationship with the rest of the 'global leaders' because of the nuclear aspect, so countries likes America, UK, France, etc, find it in their best interest to make sure that the person in charge of these countries have similar ideals and their own. Is it right? I don't know as I can certainly see both sides, but it certainly isn't a clear cut yes or no for me. 

On the behavior side, again, I certainly have seen my fair share of Americans abroad acting like idiots. But I would also mention that traveling fans from England, Italy, and all of Eastern Europe seem to struggle with controlling themselves when abroad. It's a bad look for sure, but to just point out American behavior without recognizing that every country has their idiots, is quite foolish. 

The UK is just as culpable for the fucking mess in Iran, just as an aside. And France housed Khomeini while he was in exile from Iran and their government flew the fucker in as soon as the Shah fled.

So yeah, Trump has enflamed things in Iran, but the west shares a hell of a lot of culpability for what’s happened to Iran (and the Middle East generally). And if the US and UK hadn’t been ended Mossedegh’s time as PM and foisting an oppressive monarch on them... and then basically allowing a religious extremist to fill the power vacuum while their man was deposed by revolution, we’d be dealing with a very different Iran than we are today.

And there’s people all over the UK, US, and all over the west that aren’t supportive of any of the dark shite in their histories. And then there’s some people who don’t care, or worse are proud of it. Probably more of the second group in all countries though tbh.

Donald Trump is just a symbol of that racism that the USA accepts. Crazy he can tell three people “of colour” to go back to their own countries that just be a fairly normal thing for him to do

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Donald Trump is just a symbol of that racism that the USA accepts. Crazy he can tell three people “of colour” to go back to their own countries that just be a fairly normal thing for him to do

But it's not normal. It's all over the news and people are calling on Congress to do something. Problem is obvious, no one has the balls to really lead a charge against him. 

3 minutes ago, Eco said:

But it's not normal. It's all over the news and people are calling on Congress to do something. Problem is obvious, no one has the balls to really lead a charge against him. 

It is normal for him though, normal for him under his presidency. Which is mental

1 minute ago, Danny said:

It is normal for him though, normal for him under his presidency. Which is mental

It's more normal than under Obama, yes, but before that Twitter didn't exist. 

Imagine Andrew Jackson having access to Twitter. Jesus almighty. 

2 hours ago, Danny said:

It’s happening here mate. I’ve withessed tons of these cases and it’s being enabled by those in power. David Lammy gets told to go elsewhere.

• The title was changed to Donald Trump

Archived