talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Donald Trump

football forum

I was reflecting on the fact that armed white people stormed and blockaded various government buildings in the US a few weeks back protesting over the right to go out without face masks.

You shudder to think what would happen if black folks did the same.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure what to make of this. Was it attempted massacre? The speed the driver was traveling at makes me question whether he was intending to plow into them and change his mind at the last moment. He's been arrested so hopefully they interrogate to understand the situation and motive.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Inti Brian said:

"Fuck Donald Trump"

I'm done. This is fucking stupid now. What does Trump have to do with us.

Brian, you don't have to be from Germany to hate Hitler. 

You don't have to be from Zimbabwe to hate Mugabe. 

You don't have to be from North Korea to hate Kim-Jong Un (you're not allowed to hate him anyway). 

You get my drift, I hope. 

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Brian, you don't have to be from Germany to hate Hitler. 

You don't have to be from Zimbabwe to hate Mugabe. 

You don't have to be from North Korea to hate Kim-Jong Un (you're not allowed to hate him anyway). 

You get my drift, I hope. 

Fair enough. I didn't think about it that way.

35 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Fair enough. I didn't think about it that way.

Think about it that the US are seeing the most significant racial justice protests since the assassination of Martin Luther King jr in 1968, and that people in other countries are marching peacefully in a show of solidarity.

12 hours ago, Inti Brian said:

Some people are actually daisy's. I just got into a debate on Twitter and they are mad at me for not protesting as well as German players not being supportive to black players showing solidarity.

I am fully for fighting racism but for the most part I don't want to get involved in protests. I don't like talking politics either usually. There are lots of people who would rather not get involved in this world. Doesn't mean they aren't supportive. There is no proof that the German white players aren't supporting their teammate by not having a shirt of George Floyd underneath.

Everybody has to follow their own path... 

If some people feel strongly enough about something then they want to make themselves heard by actually being there and protesting, Others make their voices heard via social media platforms or statements on T-Shirts like Jadon Sancho as a recent example..  Not being there or not posting and re tweeting things all the time does not mean you are in the 'don't care' or 'racist' camp. The fact you believe yourself not to be racist at least means you will never like it, spread it, or condone it and that's another step in the right direction.. 

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Azeem said:

He's gone into a bunker

Boris goes in to a fridge to hide.

Trump goes in to a bunker.

Cowardice is the common denominator here. 

13 hours ago, Harry said:

There's been some absolutely amazing speeches from people saying just that. Below are two of the most powerful I've seen so far.

These people are being called "coons" on social media for saying that destroying your own community isn't the way forward... angry mobs have no perspective regardless of how justified the anger is. These protests are being led by fucking idiots. That's why nothing will happen and we wait for the next time a killing trends on twitter.

5 hours ago, Azeem said:

He's gone into a bunker

Quite frankly, hilarious considering that: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-says-he-would-have-run-florida-school-n851266

56 minutes ago, Cicero said:

In maybe every state, I'd say at least 80% of the rioters aren't actually from the area. Appears to be reported that way. 

The mayor of St. Paul said all the rioters who'd been arrested weren't from the city. No idea about the people who decided to make downtown San Diego terrifying last night, but it'll be interesting to see once that info comes forward.

I don't think there's been enough info yet to say 80% of the rioters in every state aren't from the area/city of the unrest. Tbh, a lot of what I've seen from what happened here... they certainly look like they're from San Diego county... but a lot of them look like kids that are just there to take part in running around acting like there are no rules. And I've seen some footage where a seemingly peaceful protest just down the street from me sort of kicked off once police fired tear gas and shot pepper balls (don't know what these are tbh, just seen them called "pepper balls") into the crowd. In the same footage though, you see protesters try to quell violence/looting.

I can't speak for everywhere in the US, obviously, but in this part of the country there was a pretty stark difference in the attitudes of the daytime protestors to people causing chaos at night. But one was a coordinated march down to a specific location for a mass demonstration... the other was groups of people going around downtown breaking the law.

• Administrator
33 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I can't speak for everywhere in the US, obviously, but in this part of the country there was a pretty stark difference in the attitudes of the daytime protestors to people causing chaos at night. But one was a coordinated march down to a specific location for a mass demonstration... the other was groups of people going around downtown breaking the law.

This is indicative of a phrase I saw the other day. It's not deep and very basic and probably true in most cases. There's a difference between those who want to peacefully make their point and some who just want to fuck shit up.

'There's a difference between rioters and protestors'. 

Trump denounces 'weak' governors for protest responses

President Trump denounced governors across the US as 'weak' and urged them to authorise heavier-handed tactics to quell protests that have raged across the country for six nights.

In a conference call on Monday morning, the president told governors: "You have to dominate, if you don't dominate you're wasting your time. They're going to run over you, you're going to look like a bunch of jerks. You have to dominate."

"You’ve got to arrest people, you have to track people, you have to put them in jail for 10 years and you’ll never see this stuff again," he said, according to audio obtained by CBS News.

Trump called the unrest, the largest wave of national protests since the 1960s, "a war in a certain sense", according to the New York Times.

Leaders in cities that have seen protests have decried Trump's previous comments, threatening draconian action, unhelpful.

This is one very dangerous man... not only for America but the world... 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Cicero said:

His character is there to show for the entire world. A coward simply put. 

Yep. Akin to hiding in a fridge, as well... 

If there's one thing this protests prove, it's that this can happen anywhere in the world and not just the poorer countries. 

Only places I can't see it happen are Saudi Arabia, North Korea and Singapore.

7 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

If there's one thing this protests prove, it's that this can happen anywhere in the world and not just the poorer countries. 

Only places I can't see it happen are Saudi Arabia, North Korea and Singapore.

There's loads of places where what happened this weekend in the US wouldn't have happened, tbh. In Iran they've had peaceful protests met with lethal force (as in there will be a crowd of students demanding a better economic future that gets fired on), if there was widespread looting the military would likely be called in. The world saw how China reacts to mass protests in 1989 and the gradual increase of force on protestors in Hong Kong this year - and that was them showing restraint.

The more authoritarian the country, I think the less likely people get away with mass protests with minimal repercussion.

But I think the US is a tinderbox right now. The political divide in this country is absolutely massive. COVID's got the economy in the gutter and they've lost over 40 million jobs in just a few months (that's more jobs than the US lost in the 2008 recession by a few million). Speaking of COVID, the country's handled it with various success rates but no real national response because the leadership at the top of the federal government is incompetent and corrupt. But overall, it's been an absolute crisis and the US is the global epicentre, but states opened up before they were ready and now caes are still going up. The issues of race in America in from the Civil Rights era still exist and are now very publicly rearing their head. But race issues have always been a hot issue in America, and probably more than normal in the last few years when we've got a President who campaigned on racial divides to get elected.

I think any country would have the potential for unrest when you've had sudden economic collapse, fears of the future, erosion of faith in the government, and constant racial inequality that hasn't been addressed. Rich or poor it doesn't matter. But yeah, those countries you listed... plus I'd say Iran, mainland China (and maybe Hong Kong soon), and a few other places under authoritarian rule wouldn't tolerate the kinds of civil unrest the US saw over the weekend.

So in DC 25 minutes before a curfew went into effect trump ordered the American military to fire tear gas and rubber bullets at peaceful protestors in front of the white house to clear a path through so he could walk down to a nearby church and hold up a picture of a Bible whilst people took photos.... Because he was being called weak for hiding in the underground bunker and wanted to look strong.

18 minutes ago, Stan said:

This man is fucked in the head. 

It was a peaceful protest so I'd expect many good natured human beings who value human rights and equality to partake. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Harry said:

It was a peaceful protest so I'd expect many good natured human beings who value human rights and equality to partake. 

Huh? 

I know it was - they were moved on with tear gas and rubber bullets just for a photo op? 

• The title was changed to Donald Trump

Archived