• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Donald Trump

football forum

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Americans crack me up man, the geezer chucks children in cages, is clearly and systematically racist and has a billion rape/sexual assault accusations (having been recorded saying shit like grab them by the pussy, Epstein links, etc) and still you don’t want to slightly disrespect him through the topic title of an internet thread cos he’s Mr. President xD

Respect is earned, you shouldn’t feel like you’ve got to blindly respect someone because of their title. Especially when that person is basically a sack of shit that’s come to life and is completely unworthy of respect from anyone, as is the case here.

It's think it would be probably quite depressing to be American and have to endure the weight of all the trump and anti trump negativity.

I agree though he doesn't deserve the respect afforded any other president because he's basically taken a dump of democracy and the US Constitution.

On 17/09/2020 at 23:51, Eco said:

IT might be different in Europe, but whether or not you hate the president, you are still supposed to show some respect for him...so I changed it. 

We get it, he's a dick...

Why in fucks name do you have to show anyone any respect that wouldn’t piss on you if you were on fire? Big whoop, 3 million less people voted for him and he got in on the back of an electorate system that is as fucked up as his relationship with his daughter. The blokes a dickface. Genuine question, but why does he deserve respect? 

2 hours ago, Harry said:

It's think it would be probably quite depressing to be American and have to endure the weight of all the trump and anti trump negativity.

Shouldn't they rather have a thick skin to criticism on their leaders considering all the shaddy stuff they are involved in all over the world ? (like any imperial power)

20 hours ago, Azeem said:

Some of people seem to like and support Trump because he is anti-war according to them and that's why US establishment hates him. They want him to stay just for this reason. 

No. Some people like Trump because there is a massive negative feeling toward professional politicians and he is not that. Americans were screaming for someone with business since, which you can clearly see with Mitt Romney and his fan base. 

Trump also states that we are not the world police, and shouldn't get into deals that relatively fuck us over. 

8 hours ago, Azeem said:

I bet Eco was the type of kid who always sided with the teacher against the whole class

If you are going to talk about me, might as well tag me. Muppet. 

2 hours ago, Harry said:

I agree though he doesn't deserve the respect afforded any other president because he's basically taken a dump of democracy and the US Constitution.

Being American isn't so bad. We have a 4 year term limit so I thoroughly hope that Biden/Harris are able to overtake him in November. 

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

Why in fucks name do you have to show anyone any respect that wouldn’t piss on you if you were on fire? Big whoop, 3 million less people voted for him and he got in on the back of an electorate system that is as fucked up as his relationship with his daughter. The blokes a dickface. Genuine question, but why does he deserve respect? 

It's not the first time that the elected president didn't receive the majority of votes though. 

And the rest of this is a good question, but I think general banter is fine, but I find it slightly hypocritical as there isn't a Bitch Boris Johnson thread, and from everything I have seen about him, it appears he's a mini-Nationalists loving Trump. 

3 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Shouldn't they rather have a thick skin to criticism on their leaders considering all the shaddy stuff they are involved in all over the world ? (like any imperial power)

You're showing your ignorance mate. America has only been less than 250 years, I know it might not fit your narrative, but you can't blame us for everything and be taken seriously. 

10 minutes ago, nudge said:

I think it's respect for the position, not for the person occupying it. 

Yes. 

4 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Respect is earned and fought for. It shouldn’t be expected, no matter what. Just my honest opinion. 

And I agree with you that it should be earned. But I could also argue with you that being elected is a form of earning and fighting for said respect. 

• Subscriber

Someone with "business sense" is usually what they convince the little people to call rich bastards who have made their riches either by inheriting it from their parents who actually did have good business sense, or by getting into bed with other rich bastards, usually corrupt ones, to maximise the money that their workforce makes for them while minimising the amount they have to enumerate their workforce in return, both directly through getting away with the bare minimum when it comes to pay and conditions, and by finding tax loopholes to make sure they give the absolute minimum back to the state that they can get away with.

If you had good business sense in its purest form, you wouldn't waste your time getting into politics. Usually "entrepreneurs" and "businessmen" that go into politics, particularly in capitalist countries, do so because they want to either influence the public discourse or even get their hands on actual policy tools to skew things even more in the favour of themselves, their family connections, or dark background figures who have something over them and use them as a puppet.

It's a great achievement by the "business class" to have convinced the electorate in both the US and the UK that they share the interests of the majority of the country. The right wing party generally represents employers (they call it 'the economy' or 'meritocracy' though so the little people don't realise what they actually stand for) while the left wing party represents the interests of workers, i.e. the majority of the country.

I'm ready to get pounced on for generalising because that's what I am doing to an extent. There are many exceptions on both sides but this is ultimately what it boils down to. £23,000 a year Dave who comes straight from the construction site down to the pub on a Friday night spouting off about how Donald Trump or Boris Johnson represents his interests and Sanders/Corbyn want to take all his money and give it to brown people from "over there".

• Subscriber
20 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Respect is earned and fought for. It shouldn’t be expected, no matter what. Just my honest opinion. 

Yeah, but I can understand that line of thought even if I don't subscribe to it myself either. 

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I'm ready to get pounced on for generalising because that's what I am doing to an extent. There are many exceptions on both sides but this is ultimately what it boils down to. £23,000 a year Dave who comes straight from the construction site down to the pub on a Friday night spouting off about how Donald Trump or Boris Johnson represents his interests and Sanders/Corbyn want to take all his money and give it to brown people from "over there".

This is more true than maybe you realize. Of course the age old debate here between taxes and abortion. Those on the right are against taxes, public programs, and abortion, whereas the left are for public problems and women's choice. Trump is a new kind of right as he is more nationalistic than most presidents I have seen. 

I typically don't judge people too harshly as I don't know their backgrounds, but when I see a Latino woman with a MAGA hat on, I just can't fathom her level of hypocrisy. 

• Subscriber

Nationalism or patriotism has always been a big deal in the USA. Only recently have I really seen the right take ownership of the national flag in the UK. Maybe it's just something I've never noticed before. However, people from across the political spectrum in the USA seem like patriotism is a pretty big deal (which is fine, by the way).

Like I was saying in the UK Politics thread though, patriotism and globalism aren't mutually exclusive. A lot of Trump's policies have been pretty isolationist. Biden may be more in favour of the US being a part of the WHO and that environmental agreement Trump pulled out of early on, it doesn't mean he isn't patriotic. Similarly, Keir Starmer was never in favour of Brexit, now he has to tread very carefully around the issue as being anti-Brexit in the UK is now deemed to being unpatriotic or even anti-British by quite a large cohort of the population. Brexit always had a nationalist flavour to it but the extent to which what I describe has become a phenomenon over the last 12-18 months, ever since the Tories realised how effective an attack line it was against Corbyn, is noticeable.

8 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Nationalism or patriotism has always been a big deal in the USA. Only recently have I really seen the right take ownership of the national flag in the UK. Maybe it's just something I've never noticed before. However, people from across the political spectrum in the USA seem like patriotism is a pretty big deal (which is fine, by the way).

Like I was saying in the UK Politics thread though, patriotism and globalism aren't mutually exclusive. A lot of Trump's policies have been pretty isolationist. Biden may be more in favour of the US being a part of the WHO and that environmental agreement Trump pulled out of early on, it doesn't mean he isn't patriotic. Similarly, Keir Starmer was never in favour of Brexit, now he has to tread very carefully around the issue as being anti-Brexit in the UK is now deemed to being unpatriotic or even anti-British by quite a large cohort of the population. Brexit always had a nationalist flavour to it but the extent to which what I describe has become a phenomenon over the last 12-18 months, ever since the Tories realised how effective an attack line it was against Corbyn, is noticeable.

Trump has been very successful in the rhetoric that all these agreements we are apart of (WHO and Paris Agreement) are bad for America and they both need us to survive as we supply them the funds they need to survive, which is way out of proportion to what other countries pay. That has been his talking stick for getting out of these and people gobble it up. 

He also isn't afraid to call illegal immigrants rapists and murders, which is something I'm not sure I ever would have guessed to have seen from a sitting president, but here we are. It's truly disgusting and very deplorable, and sadly it's working within his camp. 

35 minutes ago, Eco said:

You're showing your ignorance mate. America has only been less than 250 years, I know it might not fit your narrative, but you can't blame us for everything and be taken seriously. 

Not everything but US like Russia China is involved in a lot more parts of the world. Actions they take effects many people beyond their borders it's not just about you anymore.

Like i don't mind any criticism on my country/leader no matter how harsh when relevant to our actions, some times on this forum too.

1 minute ago, Azeem said:

Not everything but US like Russia China is involved in a lot more parts of the world. Actions they take effects many people beyond their borders it's not just about you anymore.

Like i don't mind any criticism on my country/leader no matter how harsh when relevant to our actions, some times on this forum too.

Yeah, and I don't mind the same, and now I take more than ever due to Trump. But Imperalism is a age old action that really was perfected by the English. 

And I'd say Russia and US are still in some age old cock fight, particularly in the ME which is about a fucked up as it gets since we are playing with other nations and their civilians. China is a bit better but I have seen their presence more and more in Africa with mining and whatnot. 

• The title was changed to Donald Trump

Archived