• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Donald Trump

football forum

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/3/2017 at 1:08 PM, Harry said:

I'm firming in my view that Trump is just a giant diversion to distract us all. 

I do get the feeling he has very little to do with the policies put forward. He was a twitter troll before becoming president and he's just a more famous twitter troll now which is probably enough for him to feel important and be kept out of the way while the determined corporate fascists run things. It's unreal how it's just normal now that the president can't pay attention in briefings or even want to do it regularly and it's normal that he spends a lot of time at golf because he's not actually doing much other than trying to be twitter famous. A gigantic and embarrassing buffoon of a man.

10 hours ago, 6666 said:

I do get the feeling he has very little to do with the policies put forward. He was a twitter troll before becoming president and he's just a more famous twitter troll now which is probably enough for him to feel important and be kept out of the way while the determined corporate fascists run things. It's unreal how it's just normal now that the president can't pay attention in briefings or even want to do it regularly and it's normal that he spends a lot of time at golf because he's not actually doing much other than trying to be twitter famous. A gigantic and embarrassing buffoon of a man.

I mean considering that a Republican senator says he doesn't think Trump understands the fundamental concepts of healthcare, I don't think it's beyond imagination to think that Trump doesn't know a whole lot about the policies the Republicans are passing for him to sign into law. He's also signed executive orders he admitted he hadn't read.

I don't think that just because Trump has been president for 6 months and doing this as president, it makes it "normal" - I think this is an abnormal presidency and it will continue to be abnormal until he's no longer holding the office. But whether or not things return to normal with American politics really depends on: 1.) what happens in the face of this presidency; 2.) how America decides to move forward in the future.

I do think that America's got some major problems politically even if they do manage to rid themselves of Trump before his term is up. It's Brave New World-esque - we live in the information age, yet there's also so much disinformation. I think someone with more competence and a more competent team around him, using Trump's template, would be a much worse prospect. And I think it's likely that people will be looking at what Trump has been able to do, and that while there's been outrage, nothing actually seems to matter... and they'll be thinking "well I could do more damage than an incompetent fucktard who's hired a team of incompetent fucktards."

Look how effective this team of clowns has been at gaslighting. They've convinced their base to do Olympic level mental gymnastics with their long series of total bullshit. Now imagine a competent presidential administration doing the same things and telling believable lies, covering up for their transgressions intelligently, and actually being able to motivate their party to pass legislation. Really the one silver lining behind the Trump administration is the massive incompetence.

Having said that, I don't know if America can fully recover from this anytime soon on the world stage. Among Americans I know, which admittedly doesn't include too many conservatives (and the conservatives I know fucking hate Trump, which is nice), faith in the US government is incredibly low. People speak fondly of George W Bush when you talk politics now... which is mental. That's anecdotal and not necessarily reflective of the rest of the country, but if I'm the leader of an allied country... I'm not going to be looking at America (and it's voting public) and thinking "oh yeah, it's a good thing we've got a longstanding alliance with America we can count on." Instead I'd be hoping they'd fucking learn from this election... but I wouldn't have a whole lot of faith in that happening. Especially with Trump's comments re: NATO, climate change, his fundamental misunderstanding of trade deficits, praise of authoritarians while continually shitting on longstanding allies.

I want to hear more about Comeys decision to come out 11 days before the election and drop a bomb on clinton. 

I still think that was more decisive than anything obtained by Russia.

4 hours ago, Harry said:

I want to hear more about Comeys decision to come out 11 days before the election and drop a bomb on clinton. 

I still think that was more decisive than anything obtained by Russia.

He wrote a letter to Congress, then Jason Chaffetz leaked it to the media. He probably shouldn't have told Congress... but I'm assuming that was standard procedure, because Comey seems like a boy scout.

So now Trump is going all in on the "collusion is normal" defense. Meanwhile, his vice president, who has lied about the campaign's contacts with Russia in the past has been caught lying about the impact of the healthcare bill and also about Obamacare's impact... so par for the course for this administration I supposed.

Since the question of "was there collusion" has been removed, the question should now be: who in the administration knows what? Another question worth asking is: why the fuck does Jared Kushner have anything to do with the White House given that he failed to list over 100 foreign contacts on his initial security clearance disclosure forms, but has subsequently listed them on an amended disclosure after Donnie Moscow Jr. decided to tell the world he colluded with the Russians.

On 21/07/2017 at 3:47 PM, Panflute said:

The Trump administration reportedly stopped the CIA project to train Syrian jihadis, which is a step in the right direction.

Yep good from Trump

On 21/07/2017 at 4:01 PM, True Bender said:

>reportedly

What's the source?

All major news outlets, although the Guardian added at the end "to improve Russian ties"

Trans people now banned from the US military with cost being cited as the reason... I'm not someone that buys into being able to change your gender but all seems a bit ridiculous. How many hundreds of billions of dollars to they spend on their military again?

Seems like something Trump himself really isn't concerned with but it's being done because of how people high up in the US military feel about it.

• The title was changed to Donald Trump

Archived