talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Donald Trump

football forum

• Subscriber

When I read childlike nonsense of "betterment of the West", "leading and upholding values of the free world" or "fighting for human rights and democracy", I can't believe anyone over the age of 20-something can be so naive to still think or believe that any nation has anything but self-interest and ambitions of influence and power in mind.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, oliveandblue said:

They're using soft power combined with leadership in the EU and a relatively thriving industrial sector to achieve dominance.  Germany are still the Alphas they always were, they are just using better means to achieve their goals of European leadership.  In a way, you can say they've kinda learned from their prior mistakes...

A good GDP doesn't make a political powerhouse. I dispute that Germany is even a sovereign country, much less that they have the political weight to significantly alter the course of geopolitics.

On 20.8.2017 at 7:36 PM, El_Loco said:

I agree. Trump is terrible, but some of Germany´s officials criticism seems to have a very deliberate intention of gaining geopolitical power and positioning themselves as the "new leaders of free world".

The next time they accuse Erdogan of meddling in their internal affairs, they should remember they also do the same. 

Source?

10 hours ago, True Bender said:

Source?

Yeah... I'm not so sure it's German politicians trying to position them as the "new leaders of the free world" as much as it is certain US politicians trying to do what they can to have that title stripped from their country. As far as I know, it's been US media outlets that have called Merkel the defacto leader of the free world - rather than anything out of Germany.

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/facebook-says-it-sold-political-ads-to-russian-company-during-2016-election/2017/09/06/32f01fd2-931e-11e7-89fa-bb822a46da5b_story.html?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.53932fce0e4c

“I get the fact that the Russian intel services could figure out how to manipulate and use the bots. Whether they could know how to target states and levels of voters that the Democrats weren’t even aware really raises some questions. I think that’s a worthwhile area of inquiry,” Sen. Mark Warner (Va.), the ranking Democrat on the Senate Intelligence Committee said during a May airing of the podcast Pod Save America. “How did they know to go to that level of detail in those kinds of jurisdictions?”

Kushner & Bannon: “We found that Facebook and digital targeting were the most effective ways to reach the audiences. After the primary, we started ramping up because we knew that doing a national campaign is different than doing a primary campaign. That was when we formalized the system because we had to ramp up for digital fundraising. We brought in Cambridge Analytica. I called some of my friends from Silicon Valley who were some of the best digital marketers in the world. And I asked them how to scale this stuff. Doing it state by state is not that hard. But scaling is a very, very hard thing. They gave me a lot of their subcontractors and I built in Austin a data hub that would complement the RNC's data hub. We had about 100 people in that office, which nobody knew about, until towards the end. We used that as the nerve center that drove a lot of the deployment of our ground game resources." (Kushner's words)

3 days after the election: Mark Zuckerberg has rejected the notion that fake news on Facebook influenced the outcome of the US election, describing it as a “pretty crazy idea”. Turns out it was just crazy enough. Zuckerberg has said he wants to be President... I think letting the man who invented the world's most elaborate form of data tracking and privacy invasion should be kept as far the fuck away from the NSA as possible. Realistically though, Zuckerberg could win an election by a landslide using some of the same tactics. Seeing as how he controls that flow of information.

• 2 weeks later...

Trump news updates:

• Paul Manafort has been told to expect an indictment and he's been a person of interest for the FBI for the past 11 years (and Mango Musollini only hires the "best people" - remember, he did say so) - on the surface he looks pretty fucked.
  • Trump embarrassed himself and the United States at the UN with his wildly unpopular remarks yesterday, where he basically treated the UN like his twitter feed and said a lot of stupid things
  • Mueller is seeking documents from the White House relating to the firing of Comey & his meeting with the Russian ambassador and foreign minister, where he said firing Comey relieved great pressure on him. So now the investigation is no longer focused on those around the Il Douche, but actually focused on him as well.

• 3 weeks later...

What fucking calm has there been lol. The US has gone from scandals involving the President wearing a tan suit, or eating Dijon mustard (that bourgeoisie bastard!!!) to daily scandals involving brazen ethics violations and waste of taxpayer money, general government incompetence, national security issues, and a whole host of other issues.

If a storm is coming under Trump... well ask Puerto Rico how that's going to go...

4 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Lol Eminem has significantly alienated a large portion of his fan base. Poor whites voted for Trump in droves and he’s attacking Trump 😂

F8CA354A-7097-4CBC-A525-CB0FED0480D0.jpeg

I don't think it will hurt him, if anything will be raising his profile ahead ou'd his upcoming new album release.

And even if it did it doesn't sound like he cares...

"And any fan of mine who's a supporter of his, I'm drawing in the sand a line, you're either for or against, and if you can't decide who you like more and you're split on who you should stand beside, I'll do it for it for you with this. F--- you,"

2 hours ago, Harry said:

I don't think it will hurt him, if anything will be raising his profile ahead ou'd his upcoming new album release.

"And any fan of mine who's a supporter of his, I'm drawing in the sand a line, you're either for or against, and if you can't decide who you like more and you're split on who you should stand beside, I'll do it for it for you with this. F--- you,"

More people should call out his supporters. Trump is an abomination, but his base are worse.

4 hours ago, Harry said:

Sounds like an "unfriend me if u support drumpf"-type post that some vapid bitch would make on Facebook. :8_laughing:

Trump on the stock market: "The country - we took it over, it owed $20 trillion. As you know, the last eight years, they borrowed more than it did in the whole history of our country. So, they borrowed more than $10 trillion dollars, right? And yet, we picked up $5.2 trillion just in the stock market. Possibly picked up the whole thing in terms of the first nine months in terms of value. So, you can say in one sense we're really increasing values; and maybe in another sense we're reducing debt."

Soooooo.... here are the options:

1. Trump believes public stock exchanges are government funds.
  2. Trump doesn't understand the concept of a national debt.
  3. Trump is putting 2 numbers together to make the 25-33% of the US population that loves anything he does think he's some kind of financial wizard
  4. All of the above

I think 4 is most likely.

If he were not the president of the United States... it would be pretty funny to have the candidate who run on "I am good for the economy" to absolutely embarrass himself by making it plainly obvious he doesn't understand the stock market/national debt.

The stock market has absolutely nothing to do with the national debt. The national debt will continue to rise when government spending exceeds the money that comes into the government from taxes. A higher stock market reflects higher corporate profits (that go to shareholders), and encourages consumers and companies to spend more - which DOES help the overall economy, undoubtedly, but has absolutely nothing to do with any national debt concerns.

He's also insisting the US is the most highly taxed country in the world. I can plainly attest to the fact that there's no way that's fucking true because my taxes would be higher in the UK than they are in the US.

And, surprise, surprise... the Trump administration is ignoring their deadline to act on the Russian sanctions. Just like the good little puppets they are.

7 hours ago, Harry said:

Blacks don’t buy his music, they’re not interested in white trash issues. They interested in hearing a brother be a gangster, poor whites are the ones who voted for Trump and they Eminem’s domestic audience. The NFL have backed off quick. Only on here where we have a mainly none American user base does it go on and on about how crap he is, he’s not half as hated as we believe.

1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Only on here where we have a mainly none American user base does it go on and on about how crap he is, he’s not half as hated as we believe.

Not so sure about that. 1.) I live in America and know Americans, only 1 person I know liked Trump, purely for low taxes, and now thinks Trump is a disaster; 2.) his approval rating keeps dropping and dropping.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Which is why he was on BET (Black Entertainment Television).

If you think a group of black inner city thug types sit down and listen to white boy bitch about his mom you’re insane and I’m a Eminem fan. 

Years ago I used to score weed from a guy in a high rise in Brum that ran an illegal pirate hip hop radio station, the guy was family of my mate and we were frequently the only white guys in attendance of what would be at least a dozen for lack of a better word City Niggers (it’s what they referred to themselves, some were gang affiliated etc every other word was the N word) Bully & Superman were the only tracks of Eminem that were permitted to be played and we’re talking 2001-2002 (50 was massive) it’s not changed. I think they respect his talent but they’re not going to buy it and chill with it on their own.

Now it’s probably different in areas where it’s a ratio of 25:1 white on black and the black kid likes white things, but in black neighbourhoods where it’s 25:1 the other way they don’t care. That’s just my experience though.

Funny story about that time is Mike Skinner aka the streets did a set once he was too scared to enter the block on his own as his mommy dropped him off, he’s a wet blanket. In real life a complete tool from a nice house it’s all an act.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Not so sure about that. 1.) I live in America and know Americans, only 1 person I know liked Trump, purely for low taxes, and now thinks Trump is a disaster; 2.) his approval rating keeps dropping and dropping.

Through business & online gaming I have about 50 friends in the states it’s about 50/50 with geographic bias, wisconsin etc is pro California is anti but Cali is probably the most lunatic leftist place on Earth now (except upstate). Let’s be fair also you’re far more likely to gravitate to friends with similar opinions. I’m easily the most right out of my mates but we’ve been pals 20+ years they tolerate me

Lol California isn't even the most leftist place in America, despite the reputation. Let alone the world, especially while places there are places Sweden (or a shitload of other European countries). San Diego has conservative pockets, Orange County is extremely conservative. The central valley is notedly conservative. It's not like Los Angeles and San Francisco make up the entire state. Sure California is one of the most left-swinging states in the country - but Hawaii or Massachusetts are on the whole more to the left.

We can both use anecdotal observations, but they don't really mean anything. What's most telling is his polling numbers, because they can tell us how popular he is with some statistical significance.

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/prez_track_oct12

He's got a core base that seems to think he can do no wrong. But he's lost a lot of moderate support. That's from Rasmussen, which is considered to be a more conservative polling group.

If you compare him to every president since Truman - he's the least popular president at this stage in his presidency BY FAR. Way under the average in approval ratings, with by far the most disapproval ratings: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/ (bottom of the page)

1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

If you think a group of black inner city thug types sit down and listen to white boy bitch about his mom you’re insane and I’m a Eminem fan. 

You do know there are other types of black people...?

33 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

san diego, los angeles, and san Francisco is were most of the lefties are. 

San Diego has a Republican mayor & 2 Republican Congressmen... Just 1 democrat Congressman out of the 3 possible for San Diego's house seats. So that's definitely not true.

According to Fox News CA clocks in at the 9th most liberal state - https://nation.foxnews.com/2014/02/01/gallup-most-liberal-and-conservative-states-union so it's in the top 10 most left wing states... and San Francisco (and the Bay Area generally) are pretty left leaning.

• The title was changed to Donald Trump

Archived