talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2022 - Singapore GP - 30th Sept-2nd October, 2022

football forum

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First half of the race was very boring, but it got interesting towards the end. Weird mistakes from Max and Lewis today.

Mick very unlucky. Had a decent pace and maybe a chance to get a point until Russell came along. 

• Subscriber

Verstappen and Hamilton very poor today, Leclerc with several unnecessary mistakes while chasing Perez, but he ruined his tyres by pushing too long anyway. 

I thought this was a proper snoozefest. The race only got slightly more lively after DRS was enabled, which just shows the sad state of affairs. 

What an absolute shitass. He lacks any sort of self awareness, doesn't he? That together with his "Schumacher is defending like it's the race of it's life", made him look very unlikable today. Well, he's fighting for a seat, you muppet. 

• Subscriber

RB taking victory photos, while Leclerc is posting that he never really had the chance to get the position back just minutes ago on social media. Think it's safe to say that Perez keeps his win.

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Tommy said:

What an absolute shitass. He lacks any sort of self awareness, doesn't he? That together with his "Schumacher is defending like it's the race of it's life", made him look very unlikable today. Well, he's fighting for a seat, you muppet. 

I don't think he said anything wrong there really, but he does come across as a cocky brat, now more than ever xD

Odd and kinda boring race in the end. The only thing of interest was the amount of uncharacteristic mistakes made. It was probably Verstappen's worst race of the season although he did recover points with a few nice moves in the end. He could've been on for a podium if he didn't massively overshoot that corner and ruin his tyres. Oh well, still plenty of margin left. Probably the first race since Bahrain where he didn't win through a fault of his own (I know he retired that race but before that, Leclerc had gotten the better of him for once).

Good win by Pérez, also by leaving enough of a gap for that penalty.

It goes a bit far to call Leclerc a one-lap merchant but to me he still has to prove this season that he's on the same level as Verstappen, Hamilton and Alonso. I don't know how much he could've done to win this race but it's yet another race he failed to win from pole even with Verstappen not on a podium place for the entirety of the race, and with Pérez handed a 5-second penalty. As it stands now Ferrari would have to build a significantly faster and more reliable car if they are going to beat Red Bull over a 24-race season.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived